Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did everyone go?

Rick is spot on. Everytime this sort of thing comes up it turns in to nothing but finger pointing and a real bitch fest. Nothing productive comes out of it.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Quote Originally Posted by mustangboy View Post
    SB is kinda like that old car in a field that still runs but is just sitting there rotting. People see it and ask if they can take it off the owners hands to restore but the owner always says they are gonna fix it up one day. But yet it is left to sit and rot.
    That's a pretty good analogy.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Quote Originally Posted by mustangboy View Post
    SB is kinda like that old car in a field that still runs but is just sitting there rotting. People see it and ask if they can take it off the owners hands to restore but the owner always says they are gonna fix it up one day. But yet it is left to sit and rot.
    One of the best sbz posts ever......
    CINCY SPEED
    DAYTON PERFORMANCE
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2010
    DIRTY DOZEN #3 2011
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2013
    Fall 2011 Cincy Speed SCS Winner

See you guys do it. When something like this starts don't comment. That makes you part of the problem. Everyone above me is part of the problem. Wait does that make me part of the problem. This post does
    Mike Waller

I know what your saying and your right to a degree. There's no doubt that post summarized what has been going on for a long time but it's not really helpful. We all know what's been going on. How do we move on from here?
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

[QUOTE=facemelter71;774557]
    Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Aaron, Holley was on the board at least a few times a week. She saw the post, she reacted to it. Craig reacted to her reaction, they had a falling out, and sadly, Craig felt the need to leave. It was a sucky situation and I hate that it keeps being brought back up as it does absolutely nothing positive except let a bunch of people get riled up over it.
    It wasn't a conspiracy, it was something between two friends that went badly. I tried talking to Craig, and talking to Holly, but it didn't do a damn bit of good.

All in all, I'm not on here as much because I just can't stand all the drama and hate being slung around on here. It had died down some, and was starting to look like the board it was 10 years ago, but now it seems it's coming back around.

Aaron, if you have a solution to the issues on the board, I'm all ears as well as pretty much everyone else on the board. I want it to be a great car site that everyone wants to check in on daily and people get along somewhat. If you feel better PM'ing, cool, like I said, I really value yours and everyone elses opinions on this, but lets be constructive and move forward.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA,really?
    Want me to dig up the SHITLOAD of threads that have been started about making this board a better place. It has been brought up so many times its not funny.
    You want peoples input but NEVER DO SHIT ABOUT IT. Vbullitin needs updated,how about starting from that point?
    Thanks for your input. I was not able to do anything about it before. I said, lets move forward from this point. I hear a lot of bitching, but all in all, the board still basically functions.
    Updating Vbulletin is in the works. So is alternative hosting. Lets move on, if you don't like me for some reason cool, but all I did was ask a question. If you have input, let me know.

Maybe its time one of the big guns posted a date and time for everyone to show up to a certain Hooters (unannounced to Hooters of course ), have a great big group hug, talk of the glory days, maybe a burn out or two , and actually have some face-face conversations and interaction. After all, internet activity only goes so far.

Maybe some old wounds could be healed in the process.

First thing I would do to move forward would be post an apology to Craig and send him an email with an invite to come back. But it has to come from the right person. He did nothing wrong and was only trying to help this place out. Someone got some bad info on what he was doing and started accusing him of things. I think that would be a good step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by rtvickers View Post
    First thing I would do to move forward would be post an apology to Craig and send him an email with an invite to come back. But it has to come from the right person. He did nothing wrong and was only trying to help this place out. Someone got some bad info on what he was doing and started accusing him of things. I think that would be a good step in the right direction.
    I totally agree with this. I feel Craig leaving took a toll on the site. After Vinny passed, a lot of people were looking to Craig to step into the spotlight. I know that could NEVER be done but he did a great job of keeping the sanity here.
    2011 Black on Black GT

Quote Originally Posted by chris91 View Post
    I totally agree with this. I feel Craig leaving took a toll on the site. After Vinny passed, a lot of people were looking to Craig to step into the spotlight. I know that could NEVER be done but he did a great job of keeping the sanity here.
    Chris, I agree. I'd like to see him come back. I'll do what I can. He is a grown man, he'll do as he wishes, but I'll at least try.

I believe that bridge was burnt and fell into the gorge of despair never to come back.

Any momentum of getting SBZ back onto the right track ended with the T-Shirt issue.

I believe that bridge was burnt and fell into the gorge of despair never to come back.

Any momentum of getting SBZ back onto the right track ended with the T-Shirt issue.

There was a post on one of the fb fox body groups the other day asking about Sbz. They were asking how long it takes to get approved as a member. At least 4 people said they had been waiting for almost 4 weeks.

That could be a start.........

Quote Originally Posted by 1992MustangDW View Post
    I used to get on this site and be logged on with 35 diffrent people. Every time i get on now im usually the only one or maybe 2 others. Hardly any crazy build threads anymore or anything for sale! We need to do something about this!!
    I agree 100 percent, used to you could get on here and find anything you would ever need for your mustang in the parts for sale. Hell you could even find good deals on mustangs, Now you have to have a certain amount of bullshit posts before you can even make ads in them sections. And you cant get your post count up because there are never any new threads or anyone on here to talk to. Its like a big downward cycle. Its sad to see the shape this site is in today

I have noticed that for sale is down a lot. That was always part of the fun. I bought a lot of items on here. You know if you put something up for sale not that many people will see it now.
    Mike Waller

People prolly don't post parts on here cause its like pulling teeth too sell anything on here,Ive sold a bunch of parts on here but when you got a site like svtperformance or craigs where theres alot more interest in things.I have a ton of parts for sale but I didn't even bother putting most of the stuff on here.Most people either want too trade an old coleman bbq grill or some dirty pocket lint for what you post up.
    2015 Gt

Quote Originally Posted by bbford View Post
    I agree 100 percent, used to you could get on here and find anything you would ever need for your mustang in the parts for sale. Hell you could even find good deals on mustangs, Now you have to have a certain amount of bullshit posts before you can even make ads in them sections. And you cant get your post count up because there are never any new threads or anyone on here to talk to. Its like a big downward cycle. Its sad to see the shape this site is in today
    Considering your post count and how long you've been a member I'd say you haven't participated much ...just saying.
    Buy made in USA!

The minimum post count for posting in the classifieds is to keep the site from being nothing more than Craiglist which it was close to becoming.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

There's def a login issue, my buddy Dave has tried to get back on multiple times after forgetting his password, has tried for months. The email an admin hasn't worked for him.
    The minimum post count keeps scammers to a minimum. You don't see many so and so ripped me off threads for a reason. I think most of us would rather buy from someone we know anyway. With traffic down I can see how getting post count up would be rough though.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Quote Originally Posted by 1baddlx View Post
    Considering your post count and how long you've been a member I'd say you haven't participated much ...just saying.
    Well I have been a member on this site every since day one. My old screen name doesn't work for some reason. I can log in with it and that is far as it will go.( locks up ). I have emailed people about it hell even started a thread about it once and it never got fixed. Easier to make a new name. But I guess if sitting on 73 racing Vinny and Silver bullet back in the day isn't participating much then I guess I haven't.. Just saying

Thread Information