Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: SPRING Street Car SHOOTOUT!!

So what was the car count? sorry I couldn't make it. Craig job well done on putting on the event.
    2006 Mustang GT "Shirley" sold 11.37
    2011 Mustang GT "Ashley" Bone stock?

Quote Originally Posted by black90lx View Post
    There is nothing in the rules that that says the car can't be trailered home. So quit your fucking whinning and grow up. If you don't like getting beat then either make your car faster or sell it like you do every other car.
    And what did your shit run?

Quote Originally Posted by adragon72 View Post
    Lol I was only trying to say is most of these cars are heavily modified from there original state. I think for the street car shoot out all that really matters is that you drive from kmart to Tri state nothing else matters so the hole street car argument is a mute point. Or am I mistaken.

If terry has built a low ten second street car with out removing any factory emissions components I am really impressed go Terry!!!

Even if he has I really could give a shit either way it's fast he pulled runner up witch is way better than I can do and better luck next time.
    I'd be more than happy to take my car to an echeck i'm 99% sure it would pass all tests. Visual and sniffer.

And you are correct. For this race particular shootout, the rules state, you only have to drive the car on the street, whether it be legally or illegally. Doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ty6five14 View Post
    Who goes into a race saying "I didn't expect to win" that's just dumb! I'm not trying to be a dick but it pisses me off when here we're trying to congratulate Tim on his win and outta know where you come on here making yourself look stupid!
    Since you won your own little goal you set for yourself, maybe we need to get you a plaque, just like in little league...every kid gets a trophy!

<--- not bitter huh?
    That would be like me putting my class in SSO or Drag Radial in NMRA. It's "legal" for those rules, but it's not going to win.

Again, Tims car rocked and he seemed like a hell of a nice guy.

I will proudly run my #2 sticker. As matter of fact, I put it on as soon as I got it.

I see alot of shit talk from guys who didn't have a dog in the hunt.
    [B]2015 Mustang GT - 8.40@170
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

Quote Originally Posted by firestang70 View Post
    So what was the car count? sorry I couldn't make it. Craig job well done on putting on the event.
    I think Craig said there were 24 cars...
    Rich Taylor
    92 Mustang LX 357w...Carb'd!
    10.83 @ 124mph

Quote Originally Posted by firestang70 View Post
    Very well organized. The shootout portion went very fast too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think Craig said there were 24 cars...
    Sounds about right.

I think the weather might have scared a few, and not a drop in sight!
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

Congratulation Tim. That car is more of a street car than you give it credit for Terry.
    I wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself...

Quote Originally Posted by Timido View Post
    Congratulation Tim. That car is more of a street car than you give it credit for Terry.
    Didn't say it wasn't.

I didn't hit the first one. I thought it was for people to showcase their street cars. Meaning a car you drive on the street, drive it there, drive it home kind of thing.

It may have very easily done that.

I figured it being a local thing, and most of the cars withing 30-40 miles. They would have driven them there, driven em home.

In the end, everyone has their own definition of street car. I have never built a track car, that could be defined as street legal.

It's all in fun and razzing anyway.
    Last edited by beefcake; 06-12-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    2022 F150 10.76

Thanks Craig, had a good time!
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Didn't say it wasn't.

I didn't hit the first one. I thought it was for people to showcase their street cars. Meaning a car you drive on the street, drive it there, drive it home kind of thing.

It may have very easily done that.

I figured it being a local thing, and most of the cars withing 30-40 miles. They would have driven them there, driven em home.

In the end, everyone has their own definition of street car. I have never built a track car, that could be defined as street legal.

It's all in fun and razzing anyway.

This is why i dont race these events, half of these cars dont even own street tires and complain about the price of race gas { how can it be a street car then }. If this race is a street car shoutout it should be run on a dot tire no matter what size it is.
    Full interior
    Tagged and insured
    More than a 5 gallon fuel cell
    cages are allowed
    Now yes it is alot easier to make power with todays technolgy and be more street freindly. Yes my car has to run an race fuel or av gas but that is the cost of trying to make hp na and also has a good size roller in it to.

So get over it the rules were set in place and if you dont like them then dont race it.

Quote Originally Posted by fasthawk View Post
    This is why i dont race these events, half of these cars dont even own street tires and complain about the price of race gas { how can it be a street car then }. If this race is a street car shoutout it should be run on a dot tire no matter what size it is.
    Full interior
    Tagged and insured
    cages are allowed
    Now yes it is alot easier to make power with todays technolgy and be more street freindly. Yes my car has to run an race fuel or av gas but that is the cost of trying to make hp na and also has a good size roller in it to.

So get over it the rules were set in place and if you dont like them then dont race it.
    All true!
    2022 F150 10.76

Full interior ?! Does this include passenger seats?!?!
    I love my crazy friends!!!
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by MrsAPE View Post
    I needed to do everything I could to run with all the trailered slick cars

Happy to even it up, i'll leave my pass seat in, and everyone throws on dot's and makes a 100 mile drive!
    Last edited by beefcake; 06-12-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    2022 F150 10.76

And what did your shit run?

I'd be more than happy to take my car to an echeck i'm 99% sure it would pass all tests. Visual and sniffer.

And you are correct. For this race particular shootout, the rules state, you only have to drive the car on the street, whether it be legally or illegally. Doesn't matter.

That would be like me putting my class in SSO or Drag Radial in NMRA. It's "legal" for those rules, but it's not going to win.

Again, Tims car rocked and he seemed like a hell of a nice guy.

I will proudly run my #2 sticker. As matter of fact, I put it on as soon as I got it.

I see alot of shit talk from guys who didn't have a dog in the hunt.
    actually my shit was going low 9's mouth. if it was still timido's car i bet you wouldnt be bitching. that car probably wouldnt pass e-check from the factory.
    silver & black 2006 gsxr1000,lowered,streched,micron pipe... 1996 z71,130k miles..... 1985 ford f-150 9 inch skyjacker lift on 35's, 65,000 original miles... 1994 ford taurus 60,023 original miles, back up car.

I needed to do everything I could to run with all the trailered slick cars

Happy to even it up, i'll leave my pass seat in, and everyone throws on dot's and makes a 100 mile drive!
    What was your qualifying time for the quick 16?
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Still waiting on the bump time... just curious.

Full interior
    Tagged and insured
    cages are allowed

So get over it the rules were set in place and]if you dont like them dont race it.
    Exactley Well said.............If you dont like them dont race it
    CINCY SPEED
    DAYTON PERFORMANCE
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2010
    DIRTY DOZEN #3 2011
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2013
    Fall 2011 Cincy Speed SCS Winner

Quote Originally Posted by MrsAPE View Post
    So i guess the capri had more interior than that gutted out blue car LOL!!!
    CINCY SPEED
    DAYTON PERFORMANCE
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2010
    DIRTY DOZEN #3 2011
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2013

Quote Originally Posted by black90lx View Post
    actually my shit was going low 9's mouth. if it was still timido's car i bet you wouldnt be bitching. that car probably wouldnt pass e-check from the factory.
    I don't remember seeing a low 9 on the board yesterday? Was it your bike or something?

What was the #1 time of the day and the bump time

I think #1 was a 9.71 not sure on #16
    CINCY SPEED
    DAYTON PERFORMANCE
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2010
    DIRTY DOZEN #3 2011
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2013

Full interior
    Tagged and insured
    cages are allowed

No. You dont race your Mopar because you dont want to spend the extra $$ needed to get all the power to the ground. You would rather leave your car as it is, run your boat on the weekends and complain everytime something like this is planned.
    I dont know why you ALWAYS have to bitch. Oh wait I DO know, Because you KNOW you will get your ass handed to you because you refuse to make your car hook and if you cant win you might as well sit on the sidelines and crack on everyone else that is out Racing and having a good time. Am I close?

Anywho....

I had a BLAST!! EVERYONE that showed up was Great! The weather turned out terrific and TS went out of their way to get everyone down the track. It was a Hot a Greasy track, so some of the faster guys had to do some tweaking on their tunes to get down the 1/4 mile.
    The #1 guy was 9:78 and the 16th guy was 13:00. So for everyone that didnt show up, you missed out on a GREAT DAY of Racing and hanging out!

Bitch, Whine, Complain all you want. As long as you keep showing up, Ill keep doing these.

Stay tuned and be on the look-out for a date for the....

2011 FALL Street Car Shoot-out!!!

BTW....
    Tim, DID drive his Capri on Drag Radials to TS and made one run on them.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Thread Information