Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Street Car shoot-out

Quote Originally Posted by fasthawk View Post
    It really does not matter to me, but when it is called a street car shout out it should have to meet dot rules and reg. The only ones that seem to be bitchin about rules are mostly the cars that are not legit street cars is my take on things. If you want a race that is a run what you brung i really dont think mid 9,s is going to cut it.
    Why dont you just say who you think doesnt have a "legit" streetcar?

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Why dont you just say who you think doesnt have a "legit" streetcar?
    Did not look at every car there but there was 4 or 5 that were on slicks durning the cruise. another had to have the battery charged in the parking lot. How can something be called a street car that gets drove all the time need a jump. Buy the way last time i checked it was not legal to drive on slicks. Also most cars that are driven on a normally basis have a fuel cell larger than 5 to 8 gallons.

Lets just change the name to race cars that can be driven on the street if they have to instead of street car shout out

Thats fine thats what has always been anyways , you asked for suggestions and i gave a few.I do no for a fact that there would have been a couple more cars that showed up to race until you went from street tires, tags , and ins, to what ever bring as long as you can drive it they changed their minds. They said if they wanted to run race cars on slicks they would of went to n2o to bracket race for money. Key is your race your rules thats fine. Hell the outlaw 8.5 race i went to you at least have to use a certain tire and have interior in the car.
    The racers also have to pay an entry fee and are running for $$.
    Everyone knew my rules before they showed up and Im thinking everyone had a good time. I spent $400 out of my pocket and I had a Blast. It was cool to see many different cars and guys out at the track having a great time. I cant wait till the next one.
    You gonna show up and race, or stay on the sidelines and point out stupid shit and complain?
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Lets just change the name to race cars that can be driven on the street if they have to instead of street car shout out
    Nah. You go organize your own Race and name it what you want to. I like the name of mine and its gonna stay.

Did not look at every car there but there was 4 or 5 that were on slicks durning the cruise. another had to have the battery charged in the parking lot. How can something be called a street car that gets drove all the time need a jump. Buy the way last time i checked it was not legal to drive on slicks. Also most cars that are driven on a normally basis have a fuel cell larger than 5 to 8 gallons.
    If i see you broke down with a dead battery, im gonna keep driving because it must not be a street car if you need a jump.... LOL
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for war."
    "Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. But instead, Punishment."

Lets have another race day and call it "The guys that cant compete but like to bitch about other peoples cars Shoot Out" Hell i'll even pay to have the stickers made up......
    "Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. But instead, Punishment."

Quote Originally Posted by TurboNG View Post
    Lets have another race day and call it "The guys that cant compete but like to bitch about other peoples cars Shoot Out" Hell i'll even pay to have the stickers made up......
    Dave does a Great job on the stickers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    The racers also have to pay an entry fee and are running for $$.
    Everyone knew my rules before they showed up and Im thinking everyone had a good time. I spent $400 out of my pocket and I had a Blast. It was cool to see many different cars and guys out at the track having a great time. I cant wait till the next one.
    You gonna show up and race, or stay on the sidelines and point out stupid shit and complain?
    When it becomes a REAL STREET CAR SHOUTOUT than i would say more than likely i would . I am not complaining about this or that you asked for suggestion i gave them. I was at the last one and had a great time. My car was built for me, not to chase ets or beat my chest to say i have a fast car. I more than likely have more money in mine than some of the fastest cars on the board have in theirs. I have raced it recently and no how fast it is or isnt in some cases. Getting a mustang to run big #s is so easy a caveman can do it. It almost takes the challenge out of it for me.

If i see you broke down with a dead battery, im gonna keep driving because it must not be a street car if you need a jump.... LOL
    My junk is time tested on the street before it even hits the track.

My junk is time tested on the street before it even hits the track.
    electronics can fail at any time

electronics can fail at any time
    You are right but the point is if you drive them you will find the weak links before you hit the track.

When it becomes a REAL STREET CAR SHOUTOUT than i would say more than likely i would . I am not complaining about this or that you asked for suggestion i gave them. I was at the last one and had a great time. My car was built for me, not to chase ets or beat my chest to say i have a fast car. I more than likely have more money in mine than some of the fastest cars on the board have in theirs. I have raced it recently and no how fast it is or isnt in some cases. Getting a mustang to run big #s is so easy a caveman can do it. It almost takes the challenge out of it for me.
    No you wouldnt. You would say some shit about having to clean it afterwards and not wanting to get Rubber on the 1/4 panels; complaining about the lack of traction you have with your small DOT tires; voice your opinion about how easy Mustangs are to get to go down the track in order to justify your your unwillingness to make yours hook.

Ill still buy ya a beer at the next shoot-out and you can whine all about how the event is NOT a Real Street Car Shoot-out.

How fast is the Fasthawk?

No you wouldnt. You would say some shit about having to clean it afterwards and not wanting to get Rubber on the 1/4 panels; complaining about the lack of traction you have with your small DOT tires; voice your opinion about how easy Mustangs are to get to go down the track in order to justify your your unwillingness to make yours hook.

Ill still buy ya a beer at the next shoot-out and you can whine all about how the event is NOT a Real Street Car Shoot-out.
    I know when i got home last time getting the rubber of sucked, i will say the new line loc worked great. I all needed was a couple mph passes just to see where i was at. I was going to fix the trans this winter but know having rotator cuff operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    How fast is the Fasthawk?
    High 10's on motor through a 4 speed I think.
    HOHTTFMF!

2013 8.5 CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by 93 coupe View Post
    High 10's on motor through a 4 speed I think.
    That is with a 1.8 60 on a real shitty track at 3470, make sure you get it right.

Like I keep saying the black car had the optima red top went bad. We put it on a trickle charger the night before that and it pulled up on the trailer. But when we got to the meeting spot it was dead again. So it had to be jumped

Tight ass ever buy a new battery?

You know the old saying if you cant bet them join them. Well you will never belive this but i opened my garage door up and look what i found. Its a shame i have a spare stroker motor and trans just laying around
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information