Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Street Car shoot-out

Quote Originally Posted by fasthawk View Post
    Thats why they have the d.d list!
    The dd list is for "STREET CARS" also!!!
    I hope a Streetcar doesnt have to be a certain color I like my blue!!LOL!!
    CINCY SPEED
    DAYTON PERFORMANCE
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2010
    DIRTY DOZEN #3 2011
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2013
    Fall 2011 Cincy Speed SCS Winner

Quote Originally Posted by NO SHOT View Post
    The dd list is for "STREET CARS" also!!!
    I hope a Streetcar doesnt have to be a certain color I like my blue!!LOL!!
    My tractor was on the street more than some of the cars on that list over the last couple of years.

Well like I said,the black car is a proven street car most everyone around here knows that. We did have a bad battery issue at the track because my cousin was to tight to buy a new one that day. But the black one made the fall cruise in,but he is banned from the site. That's why its not number1 on the DD. And as for the maroon one, well its made all the sbz, track days. It would've been number1 on the DD last year but they said his post count was to low. But this year he is number1 on the DD. I just wish I could keep his butt out of his woods buggy and keep him on the race track.

I remember driving out to m-town one night a few months ago in the MR2 looking for some fun and remember seeing the black car roll in like everybody else. I was definitely surprised to see it out driving with it being tubbed on slicks, but it was there and it wasn't any special night. In fact there were hardly any cars there at all.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

I dont have wiper arms on my car, and the exhaust has been modified so am i disqualified from racing in the "Street Car Shoot Out"? LOL

Run what you brung, u dont bring enough? Then go home and shut the hell up.

I'm gonna go buy a Rail, duct tape flashlights on the front and put my motorcycle turn signals on it and come bust all ur asses in a 7 sec "street car" and laugh when you get mad....... muhhhhaaaaahhaahhaa....

JKn by the way^
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for war."
    "Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. But instead, Punishment."

I am in for this year!

No more being pit crew for the non-shifting ricer this year!
    When the turbo's spinnin', you ain't winnin'!

The more I read the "rules" the more I like em. Lets recap on the "Rules"

Car or Truck must show up at the Designated Start point, drive to the track, make runs and show time slip to Shoot-out staff. Time is recorded, top 16 get a sticker. WOOT!

Now if we are going to be running for $$$$ then Ill make more rules. Most of us run at the track for the sake of running at the track so getting a cool sticker with a Big ole #1 on it is just a bonus.

As far as the argument......What is a Street Car. Look at this years winner of Drag week. You know, the event where guys have to drive 1000+ miles and race at different tracks. Well the winner ran 6.9- @ 200+!!!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    The more I read the "rules" the more I like em. Lets recap on the "Rules"

Car or Truck must show up at the Designated Start point, drive to the track, make runs and show time slip to Shoot-out staff. Time is recorded, top 16 get a sticker. WOOT!

Now if we are going to be running for $$$$ then Ill make more rules. Most of us run at the track for the sake of running at the track so getting a cool sticker with a Big ole #1 on it is just a bonus.

As far as the argument......What is a Street Car. Look at this years winner of Drag week. You know, the event where guys have to drive 1000+ miles and race at different tracks. Well the winner ran 6.9- @ 200+!!!
    Also had to be street worthy and on dot tires. They even check for horns, hell my car would not even make them rules. Not even half of the cars at the shootout would not have been legal to race at that.
    Last edited by fasthawk; 12-09-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fasthawk View Post
    Also had to be street worthy and on dot tires. They even check for horns, hell my car would not even make them rules
    Didnt they change tires at the track?

Didnt they change tires at the track?
    Yes but at least they own street tires, plus larson was et streets that he also drove on. I no last year he did not change tires but not 100% sure about this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0calypso93lx View Post
    I remember driving out to m-town one night a few months ago in the MR2 looking for some fun and remember seeing the black car roll in like everybody else. I was definitely surprised to see it out driving with it being tubbed on slicks, but it was there and it wasn't any special night. In fact there were hardly any cars there at all.
    Wow thats great, I have been up there to with my car and thats from the western hills area .

Want rules? Go sign up and race in a series. This is a badass streetcar shootout, for folks that dont want to fuck with rules. Need an equalizer? Get you some more horsepower. This is to prove who has the baddest bitch around. Not "who has the baddest bitch within certain specific guidelines".

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Want rules? Go sign up and race in a series. This is a badass streetcar shootout, for folks that dont want to fuck with rules. Need an equalizer? Get you some more horsepower. This is to prove who has the baddest bitch around. Not "who has the baddest bitch within certain specific guidelines".
    Werd.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    It really does not matter to me, but when it is called a street car shout out it should have to meet dot rules and reg. The only ones that seem to be bitchin about rules are mostly the cars that are not legit street cars is my take on things. If you want a race that is a run what you brung i really dont think mid 9,s is going to cut it.

2011 Street car, with Race cars that are driven on the street also allowed, Shoot-out!!

Hows that?

well i got horn . lights, wiper motor, power windows , mufflers, insurance,tags. 275 drag radials and a nos bottle riding shootgun feeding 2 guns so i guess im ready now anymore rules to keep out the fast guys
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

2011 Street car, with Race cars that are driven on the street also allowed, Shoot-out!!

Hows that?
    Thats fine thats what has always been anyways , you asked for suggestions and i gave a few.I do no for a fact that there would have been a couple more cars that showed up to race until you went from street tires, tags , and ins, to what ever bring as long as you can drive it they changed their minds. They said if they wanted to run race cars on slicks they would of went to n2o to bracket race for money. Key is your race your rules thats fine. Hell the outlaw 8.5 race i went to you at least have to use a certain tire and have interior in the car.
    Last edited by fasthawk; 12-09-2010 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JASON408 View Post
    well i got horn . lights, wiper motor, power windows , mufflers, insurance,tags. 275 drag radials and a nos bottle riding shootgun feeding 2 guns so i guess im ready now anymore rules to keep out the fast guys
    Have at it because i know that car is always on the street.

So I lost a couple guys but had 40+ cars show up. Ill take those odds.

I still think its cool that Shawn's DOT tired car beat the Slick car in the finals.

Most people on here Know wether they got a legit street car or not. All this is is a ego trip for someone to say i got the fastest street car on stabbangerz then take it back home and leave on the trailer the rest of the year.

Thread Information