Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
WTF ??? This Coronavirus Bull**** is getting out of hand !!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : WTF ??? This Coronavirus Bull**** is getting out of hand !!!

k062693w
03-12-2020, 05:16 PM
I understand that it's hard on Elderly, Respiratory problems,Etc. But according to the World Health Organization, They predict it'll cause 57 deaths a day ... Rabiles kills more daily, The common flu kills 1,100 a day ....

And then that POS DeSwine goes off the rails cancelling Everything with 5 cases in Ohio ...
The Media and the DemonRat have blown this out of proportion IMO to take attention away from their Failed Russian Collision and the Fact that Creepy Joe is losing his mind ...

Wash your hands regularly (which you should be doing anyway) and deal with it ...

Now you've got people asking $75 for a 4 pack of Shit Paper on Amazon ...

Rant Over !!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

draggin50
03-12-2020, 07:24 PM
Man, its getting bad and Im not sure if its because everyone is scared or if its actually really worse than what they are letting on to be.

Working in the airline industry, we are already feeling the effects of it. Travel ban for 30 days has already cost United Airlines more money to date than the entire time during 9/11. They just contacted us today to part 100 planes in Wilmington. That's unheard of. Delta is in the same boat. Jet Blue is offering 90% off domestic flights right now just to stay afloat.

Went to the store today... Hit 5 stores and bought toilet paper. Also hit up Walmart and bought a little ammo.

Its really get me questioning things. I have never seen or heard of anything like we are experiencing.

redfirepearlgt
03-12-2020, 08:16 PM
1300 cases / 329,000,000 people in the USA. That equates to 1 case in every 253,076 people in the US. You have better odds of being run over in the street.

Further if you are under 60 the chance of dying is 1.3% if you contract it. It's a bigger concern for people over 70. But then again Influenza is a bigger concern for people over 70 as well.

The Swine Flu was a big concern in the 80's. My mother ran out and got her Swine Flu vaccination because she is that type of person. So its another scare running the country.

I'm not taking it lightly, but I'm also not hoarding up toilet paper because of it either. If you get sick, stay home. Then go to your doctor. Its common sense.

A third of the way down this link you will find a chart that breaks down your chances of dying of the virus if you contract it based on age.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-death-age-older-people-higher-risk-2020-2?op=1

redfirepearlgt
03-12-2020, 08:21 PM
Went to the store today... Hit 5 stores and bought toilet paper. Also hit up Walmart and bought a little ammo.

Does this mean you robbed five stores of their toilet paper and then had to buy more ammo after the hits? Or you went to 5 stores and bought up their toilet paper and then bought more ammo to protect your inventory of TP? :D

k062693w
03-12-2020, 09:08 PM
LA and Orange County officially shutting down restaurants beginning 3/13/2020. Outage map lists closing by location, beginning with Downtown LA.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BG48ENgCEAAIDl9.jpg

LA city officially goes into lockdown as it tries to contain this deadly virus.

Wow... check out the map !!!

draggin50
03-13-2020, 03:53 AM
LA and Orange County officially shutting down restaurants beginning 3/13/2020. Outage map lists closing by location, beginning with Downtown LA.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BG48ENgCEAAIDl9.jpg

LA city officially goes into lockdown as it tries to contain this deadly virus.

Wow... check out the map !!!

WTF.... You asshole!!! Got me good there!

draggin50
03-13-2020, 03:55 AM
Does this mean you robbed five stores of their toilet paper and then had to buy more ammo after the hits? Or you went to 5 stores and bought up their toilet paper and then bought more ammo to protect your inventory of TP? :D

Haha, I went to 5 different stores and found toilet paper. Then managed to make my way into a Walmart and bought more ammo to protect the golden TP with!!!

k062693w
03-13-2020, 07:57 AM
WTF.... You asshole!!! Got me good there!

I know not what you speak of ???

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

NXcoupe
03-13-2020, 08:49 AM
I agree, my employer has me working from home. They don't want us to get sick. Sheesh, a little over the top, knee jerk reaction if you ask me. This could be the deathblow to our frail economy.

redfirepearlgt
03-13-2020, 09:07 AM
What seems to never be shared in the news -- as if I am surprised -- is the recovery rate. According to a datasheet I just came across, world wide there are currently 128,392 confirmed cases. That is out of 7.4 billion people. Out of that there have been 4728 confirmed deaths (no age break down on this but suspect its mostly people over 70). The unmentioned number is the RECOVERY RATE. 56% of those contracting it have recovered so far. That total being 69,607. And more recover from it each day.

This isn't the middle ages where people are "bringing out their dead" to be hauled off on a cart by a local official.

IWRBB
03-13-2020, 02:49 PM
Sheesh, a little over the top, knee jerk reaction if you ask me. This could be the deathblow to our frail economy.

This is the media's last gasp attempt to bring down Trump before the election. They are blowing it way out of proportion.

I think this thing is gonna spread like mad- but once people figure out it's just a nasty cold virus, nobody will care anymore and life will go on. This only real danger from this compared to other flus/viruses is flu man choo is really contagious and there's no vaccine. So it's all good in the hood until a mutation pops up that makes it way more deadly, if that happens- it's gonna get ugly real quick.

Walter
03-13-2020, 03:54 PM
I got three 24pks of Charmin Ultra, trade for 15up f150. LMK.

draggin50
03-13-2020, 05:10 PM

Ive got 4 24 packs of Cottonelle that Ill trade for a coyote swap for my coupe!! I know what I have so don't be trying any funny games!

draggin50
03-13-2020, 05:11 PM
This is the media's last gasp attempt to bring down Trump before the election. They are blowing it way out of proportion.

I think this thing is gonna spread like mad- but once people figure out it's just a nasty cold virus, nobody will care anymore and life will go on. This only real danger from this compared to other flus/viruses is flu man choo is really contagious and there's no vaccine. So it's all good in the hood until a mutation pops up that makes it way more deadly, if that happens- it's gonna get ugly real quick.

I think you are spot on. They are trying to crash the economy in order to get the election pulled their direction. Sad that's the way politics goes. Someone with money behind it all...

redfirepearlgt
03-13-2020, 05:39 PM

LOL! Just use an old washcloth. LOL!

redfirepearlgt
03-13-2020, 05:43 PM
I think you are spot on. They are trying to crash the economy in order to get the election pulled their direction. Sad that's the way politics goes. Someone with money behind it all...

Want to read something that will put your statement into perspective? Read Rainbow 6 by Clancy. It's about a group of rich eccentric elite tree huggers who decide they are going to create a virus that will wipe out 99.5% of the human population to save the world from human destruction and return it to its natural habitat before man walked the earth. Of course they and a select few are to be inoculated with an antivirus shot that makes them immune to the virus so they can oversee nature after the genocide is set into effect.

draggin50
03-13-2020, 06:45 PM
I hate reading things like that. I know at some point it could very well be true and all it will do is make me mad and wonder. Money makes people crazy! Look at Soro's!

Just like this virus making its way around, is it that bad or is it the media blowing it out of proportion?

I almost wonder if I haven't already had this back around the 2nd week of February. Worst cold I have ever had. Felt like someone beat me in the back with a bat, couldn't breathe, and the worst headache. Went to the doctor and he just put it off as the flu. One of our last planes that came in was from China coming back through Madrid. Plus our reps are coming back and forth from Chicago, Indy, and Houston. Makes me wonder!

k062693w
03-13-2020, 08:04 PM
People seem to forget that there's two sides to toilet paper !!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

draggin50
03-13-2020, 08:42 PM
And with the mass TP hysteria, you always have socks!

redfirepearlgt
03-14-2020, 11:06 AM
I prefer a wet wash clothe! LOL!

draggin50
03-14-2020, 11:58 AM
I do like feeling clean down there!

Frisby5.0
03-14-2020, 04:52 PM
I hate reading things like that. I know at some point it could very well be true and all it will do is make me mad and wonder. Money makes people crazy! Look at Soro's!

Just like this virus making its way around, is it that bad or is it the media blowing it out of proportion?

I almost wonder if I haven't already had this back around the 2nd week of February. Worst cold I have ever had. Felt like someone beat me in the back with a bat, couldn't breathe, and the worst headache. Went to the doctor and he just put it off as the flu. One of our last planes that came in was from China coming back through Madrid. Plus our reps are coming back and forth from Chicago, Indy, and Houston. Makes me wonder!

I’ve got the same feeling on having gotten it already, had a head cold that turned into a weird respiratory thing that took a couple weeks to fully clear up. A whole bunch of people I know and/or work with have had a similar thing... and a couple even got mild pneumonia from it... all over the last couple months. [emoji848] even if it wasn’t coronavirus this year just seems a little more extreme than the normal cold/flu season...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

draggin50
03-14-2020, 06:22 PM
That's how mine felt. Horrible head cold, body pains, and chest pain. I was down 4 days solid and slept in the chair cause I couldn't even lay down without hurting. A few people I worked with ended up getting it pretty bad too. Worst cold Ive got in years if not ever.

I hope this stuff clears up soon. It may turn out to be a real bad spring/summer if not. I hate to see them start shutting everything down and limiting head counts. I watched earlier that Duck postponed the Sweet 16 race. You know its getting bad when he is cancelling races.

Frisby5.0
03-15-2020, 05:59 PM
I hope this stuff clears up soon. It may turn out to be a real bad spring/summer if not. I hate to see them start shutting everything down and limiting head counts. I watched earlier that Duck postponed the Sweet 16 race. You know its getting bad when he is cancelling races.

Yes, it’s gotta go... I have plans in the works to build up my motor to try to move into the dirty dozen...

draggin50
03-15-2020, 07:05 PM
Yes, it’s gotta go... I have plans in the works to build up my motor to try to move into the dirty dozen...

Im with ya. Mines on hold for now, waiting to see what happens. And its in pieces already. Its a crazy time right now.

Atleast this gives me a little bit of time to think of how I want to go.

draggin50
03-16-2020, 03:56 AM
I read this morning that China is opening up travel again and somewhat returning to normal. Hopefully that is true.

redfirepearlgt
03-16-2020, 04:43 AM
I wouldn't put much faith in anything coming from China. After all they claim we started this virus just Friday.

Walter
03-16-2020, 10:43 AM
I wouldn't put much faith in anything coming from China. After all they claim we started this virus just Friday.

Exactly

draggin50
03-16-2020, 02:59 PM
Time will tell.

Its hard to believe anything they say. And we haven't heard much coming from Russia. They have cases as well but nothing all over the news to read about.

redfirepearlgt
03-16-2020, 03:32 PM
In 3-6 weeks I suspect we will all be looking back on this as an after thought. It will be business as usual and there will be a drop in the stock market on TP producers as everyone will have a years supply in their basement by then. My parents went out and bought $80 dollars worth Friday. My wife and I have 4-5 rolls and plenty of wash clothes. I'm not going to go "Y2K" over this if anyone recalls the hoarding some people were doing in 1999 because they thought the computers were going to shut the world down.

draggin50
03-16-2020, 05:52 PM
I really hope it goes that route. Id love to be back to normal in 6 weeks at the most. Then I could use all my toilet paper for pillows, dog toys, or wheel chocks! The stock market will come back as soon as it all clears up I think.

redfirepearlgt
03-16-2020, 06:53 PM
^^^ Keep buying. I am poising to jump back in. I pulled out in November after a very bullish year of growth anticipating a correction 1st - 2nd quarter. I got it right for once so I am just waiting for the right timing to jump back in here in a day or two.

Lets just remain hopeful and optimistic and remain rational.

draggin50
03-16-2020, 07:15 PM
Well you are getting back in at the right time I'd say.

Ill just be glad when its all over and we can talk about how bad it got.

Remember that one year, 2020??? Yeah I remember!

redfirepearlgt
03-16-2020, 09:47 PM
The Swine Flu in the 80's was a big scare as well. Then there was Ebola (spelling) that was going to come into the country and kill everyone. Going back earlier than Swine Flu though not on the same path was KILLER BEE SWARMS that were going to come into the US from the south and wipe people out. And don't let us forget the 2012 scare because some Mayan calendar ended that year. The nuts have us on the brink of extinction all the time.

Just stay clear of planes coming in from China at work. :bigthumb

Like you I will be glad when we can look back. I am assuming E20 and KK won't be opening or will now be closed if they had actually opened yet.

I sure wish it would effect the value of 13/14 GT500's and bring them down. Still not quite at my price point yet.

Walter
03-17-2020, 07:43 AM
The Swine Flu in the 80's was a big scare as well. Then there was Ebola (spelling) that was going to come into the country and kill everyone. Going back earlier than Swine Flu though not on the same path was KILLER BEE SWARMS that were going to come into the US from the south and wipe people out. And don't let us forget the 2012 scare because some Mayan calendar ended that year. The nuts have us on the brink of extinction all the time.

Just stay clear of planes coming in from China at work. :bigthumb

Like you I will be glad when we can look back. I am assuming E20 and KK won't be opening or will now be closed if they had actually opened yet.

I sure wish it would effect the value of 13/14 GT500's and bring them down. Still not quite at my price point yet.

Don't forget SARS, MERS, Zika, West Nile, Bird Flu, H1N1, Rhino Virus and Chevy Flu.

LOL

Frisby5.0
03-17-2020, 08:13 AM
Don't forget SARS, MERS, Zika, West Nile, Bird Flu, H1N1, Rhino Virus and Chevy Flu.

LOL

Definitely don’t want the Chevy Flu... [emoji1787]

redfirepearlgt
03-17-2020, 08:43 AM
Definitely don’t want the Chevy Flu... [emoji1787]

Someone must be working from home! LOL!

NXcoupe
03-17-2020, 10:55 AM
Just had a conference call meeting yesterday, we are not allowed dealer visits until further notice, so working from home now.

draggin50
03-17-2020, 03:26 PM
Just had a conference call meeting yesterday, we are not allowed dealer visits until further notice, so working from home now.

In Aviation, we call that "Maintenance Control"!!! They know everything, they just cant fix anything! A little different in your line of work though!

I really wish they would lock us down for a couple weeks! Ive got plenty of shit I could be doing!

Frisby5.0
03-17-2020, 03:29 PM
Someone must be working from home! LOL!

I wish, still testing jet engines at GE Evendale... been told I’m essential personnel no Worky From Home... at least for now.

IWRBB
03-17-2020, 03:34 PM
Alright, what you guys got for nicknames for this thing? Apparently "Chinese virus" is offensive....

I've been using "Flu-Man-Choo" myself.

Frisby5.0
03-17-2020, 04:51 PM
Alright, what you guys got for nicknames for this thing? Apparently "Chinese virus" is offensive....

The hillbilly version “coroneevirus”

draggin50
03-17-2020, 05:54 PM
I wish, still testing jet engines at GE Evendale... been told I’m essential personnel no Worky From Home... at least for now.

Which engines are you testing? I have a buddy in test also.

JIMS SVT
03-17-2020, 10:20 PM

I tried to talk them into letting me weld the parts from home today. Looks like I’m still heading to Evendale for now.

Frisby5.0
03-17-2020, 10:38 PM
Which engines are you testing? I have a buddy in test also.

I’m a Test Engineering manager in development test... we’re running a LEAP-1A field improvement test and some component rig tests; LEAP low pressure turbine, and some military stuff.

Frisby5.0
03-17-2020, 10:41 PM
I tried to talk them into letting me weld the parts from home today. Looks like I’m still heading to Evendale for now.

Where do you work? I run around bldgs. 300 and 500.

JIMS SVT
03-17-2020, 11:01 PM
Where do you work? I run around bldgs. 300 and 500.

I’m in 700 in the titanium weld center (white room).But run around all over lol

exrider416
03-17-2020, 11:14 PM
Now I see why everyone has nice fast cars here, it’s all the GE money floating around lol

draggin50
03-18-2020, 03:48 AM
Now I see why everyone has nice fast cars here, it’s all the GE money floating around lol

Cant hide money!!! If I wasn't so far away, Id be trying to get in there too!

redfirepearlgt
03-18-2020, 05:18 AM

Many in your stereotyped statement live at work AND have wives working full time that make as much as they do...less the OT. Having nice toys is one thing. Not being able to actually enjoy them because you are too busy paying for them is another. ;)

exrider416
03-18-2020, 08:52 AM
I’m just jealous of the available overtime offered there and that my applications always just sit in the system as under review lol I did interview quite a few years ago there for a boiler operator job.

redfirepearlgt
03-18-2020, 10:15 AM
I’m just jealous of the available overtime offered there and that my applications always just sit in the system as under review lol I did interview quite a few years ago there for a boiler operator job.

I'm jealous of your age and multi car garage. LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

FU-ACHU Virus

draggin50
03-18-2020, 03:25 PM
Kung Flu, Heard it today during one of Trump's addresses.

draggin50
03-18-2020, 03:26 PM
Many in your stereotyped statement live at work AND have wives working full time that make as much as they do...less the OT. Having nice toys is one thing. Not being able to actually enjoy them because you are too busy paying for them is another. ;)

That is very true. The overtime and Sputnik is where the money is made. The people making big money, work mad hours.

JIMS SVT
03-18-2020, 04:06 PM
That is very true. The overtime and Sputnik is where the money is made. The people making big money, work mad hours.

No more Sputnik from the new contract. But if they offer the ot then I’m still gonna be here.

draggin50
03-18-2020, 05:11 PM
No more Sputnik from the new contract. But if they offer the ot then I’m still gonna be here.

Damn, that sucks! A lot of money made there!

redfirepearlgt
03-18-2020, 05:21 PM

Money and toys have no meaning if one is never home to enjoy them. They only become items you talk about at work.

draggin50
03-18-2020, 06:34 PM
Money and toys have no meaning if one is never home to enjoy them. They only become items you talk about at work.

Most that I know work all the over time they can during the winter and when the weather is crappy. Then work their 40 and jet during Spring-Fall months. Im sure you have some suckers that soak up every bit they can and will go through life losing out on a lot of the things we want every day. Me, Im all about 40 hours and jet.

redfirepearlgt
03-18-2020, 08:59 PM
Most that I know work all the over time they can during the winter and when the weather is crappy. Then work their 40 and jet during Spring-Fall months. Im sure you have some suckers that soak up every bit they can and will go through life losing out on a lot of the things we want every day. Me, I'm all about 40 hours and jet.

Well good. Hopefully I'll see someone out from the site this year. Sucks when every time I post up or text people to meet somewhere they can't because A.) They are working over or B.) Their kid has a tournament out of town. I'm like you Brian, I work SOME overtime in the winter months or as right now because we have a guy out on medical so we need coverage, and then its 40 a week and screw the weekends going in despite the money being left on the table. After all you can't buy leisure time.

Hope you are all staying healthy.

firestang70
03-18-2020, 11:14 PM
Wasn’t aware of so many others at GE. I’m a Fire Inspector on second shift. We work a rotation and don’t work Mon-Fri. Even if the shut the plant down there are 3 groups that have to be there 24-7 Security, Boiler Operators and Fire Inspectors.

NXcoupe
03-19-2020, 08:29 AM
Mexican beer flu. Heard that yesterday.

RACEME
03-19-2020, 09:00 AM
I’m a Test Engineering manager in development test... we’re running a LEAP-1A field improvement test and some component rig tests; LEAP low pressure turbine, and some military stuff.

I am a manager for Belcan. We do a bunch of the design/drafting stuff for GE. Take a look at your Leap drawings sometime. Probably see my name under "issued"

Walter
03-19-2020, 12:50 PM
I got a GE electric can opener. Best can opener I ever had.

k062693w
03-19-2020, 01:15 PM
https://m.facebook.com/OfficialUnicornMoms/videos/520240945302867/?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2F16295765306 99455%2Fposts%2F2624356711221427%2F&_rdr

Frisby5.0
03-19-2020, 03:03 PM
I am a manager for Belcan. We do a bunch of the design/drafting stuff for GE. Take a look at your Leap drawings sometime. Probably see my name under "issued"

Cool, yep we work with you guys all the time on Test Enabling Hardware drawings and aero/combustion rig designs... what’s your name and I’ll be on the lookout

RACEME
03-20-2020, 06:06 AM
Cool, yep we work with you guys all the time on Test Enabling Hardware drawings and aero/combustion rig designs... what’s your name and I’ll be on the lookout

Tim Hixson

Frisby5.0
03-20-2020, 08:00 AM
I got a GE electric can opener. Best can opener I ever had.

Hahaha, I still have my GE alarm clock I got when I was 12 years old... still works perfectly after 25 years.

IWRBB
03-20-2020, 08:24 AM
Hahaha, I still have my GE alarm clock I got when I was 12 years old... still works perfectly after 25 years.

Same here, but the set time buttons wore out on mine and I couldn't set the time anymore.

I bought a used one on Ebay of the same era with two huge improvements. One is it can go in reverse when setting the time, so if you go 5 minutes past when setting it, you can back it up without around going 24 hrs again. The 2nd and biggest improvement is a slide lock on the side that prevents the set time buttons from adjusting the time. You (or kids) can't accidentally hit them and change the time that way.

Frisby5.0
03-20-2020, 09:09 AM
Same here, but the set time buttons wore out on mine and I couldn't set the time anymore.

I bought a used one on Ebay of the same era with two huge improvements. One is it can go in reverse when setting the time, so if you go 5 minutes past when setting it, you can back it up without around going 24 hrs again. The 2nd and biggest improvement is a slide lock on the side that prevents the set time buttons from adjusting the time. You (or kids) can't accidentally hit them and change the time that way.

Nice, I need a lock on the volume, my 5 year old likes to randomly jack with the volume wheel and make have a panic attack some mornings...

Pops Fun
03-21-2020, 08:46 PM
I think it's a farce, to trample our rights. It is getting out of hand. Guns and ammo are sky rocking again, luckily I just got some ammo.
Only 3,426 died in china and the infection rate is going down. 2.666 die from car accidents every month... WTF

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/03/19/coronavirus-italy-now-has-more-covid-19-deaths-than-china/2873835001/

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/03/809904660/why-the-death-rate-from-coronavirus-is-plunging-in-chin (https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/03/809904660/why-the-death-rate-from-coronavirus-is-plunging-in-china)
Why The Death Rate From Coronavirus Is Plunging In China

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_pandemic_in_the_United_States
Swine flu
"The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centers_for_Disease_Control_and_Prevention) (CDC) estimates that from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, there were 60.8 million cases, 274,000 hospitalizations, and 12,469 deaths (0.02% case fatality rate (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_fatality_rate)) in the United States due to the virus"

My kids are worried about me, so i am kind of staying home. exceptc for my daughters wedding and my b'day
i am 73 with resperitory problems. but life goes on..
A lot of GE people on here.. Retied from testing

Steve

draggin50
03-21-2020, 09:00 PM
Glad you are trying to stay home and let this all blow over.

Im stuck in my house sick as a dog. Not sure what I have but its got me down and this is the 2nd time Ive had it in the last 2 months. Working with people from out of the state and country doesn't help... Hopefully its just a common cold and I get over this crap quick.

It does suck that they are putting so much into it. Im just curious if they don't know more than they let on. Ill do whatever they say in order to get it all done and in the past. There will be stories of this told for years to come.

Everyone just stay safe.

redfirepearlgt
03-21-2020, 10:12 PM
I think it's a farce, to trample our rights. It is getting out of hand. Guns and ammo are sky rocking again, luckily I just got some ammo.
Only 3,426 died in china and the infection rate is going down. 2.666 die from car accidents every month... WTF

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/03/19/coronavirus-italy-now-has-more-covid-19-deaths-than-china/2873835001/

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/03/809904660/why-the-death-rate-from-coronavirus-is-plunging-in-chin (https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/03/809904660/why-the-death-rate-from-coronavirus-is-plunging-in-china)

Swine flu
"The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centers_for_Disease_Control_and_Prevention) (CDC) estimates that from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, there were 60.8 million cases, 274,000 hospitalizations, and 12,469 deaths (0.02% case fatality rate (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_fatality_rate)) in the United States due to the virus"

My kids are worried about me, so i am kind of staying home. exceptc for my daughters wedding and my b'day

Steve

I hear you Steve. That Mary Acton winch is way over playing her hand up in Columbus and Dewine is buying into every bit of it IMHO. There's common sense and then there is extremist whacko and this is on the edge of extremist whacko.

Sadly Pandora's box has been opened. This isn't going to be the last time government will over reach on a viral scare like this again. And you can bet our enemies are taking notes and seeing first hand how we have responded and how vulnerable our economy is and reacts to this type of fear tactic.

Granted we need to use commonsense about this outbreak but it is NOT A DAMN PLAGUE PANDEMIC.

And what about the recovery numbers? Why is it when we see the Johns Hopkins global data chart on this virus the US shows no recovery data at all even though we hear from and read about recoveries taking place? Every other country is providing recovery data but the US. I'm no conspiracy nut but this sure dose seem to be a situation where someone or some group seeks to want to make the outlook as bleak for the USA for as long as they possibly can. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

draggin50
03-21-2020, 10:23 PM
I have been seeing low recovery numbers provided for the US. In the next week, we will see all groups of numbers rise by a lot I think. They aren't testing everyone either. The case numbers are way off if this is true.

ncov2019.live/data shows 1% recovered now with 29 recoveries. Im sure testing is still out. 25,522 cases, 301 deaths, and 29 recovered.

Infection202.com shows 26766, 341 deaths, and 176 recovered for the US.

Pops Fun
03-22-2020, 05:20 AM
Here is what I fear from this, Next time it will be easier to control the people. Look what we did last time we saved a zillion people. Rah ! Rah!
They will be even more restrictive.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/03/13/illinois-mayor-may-ban-firearms-ammunition-as-part-of-emergency-over-wuhan-virus-n2564916
"Banning the Sale of Firearms and Ammunition Because of Wuhan Virus? An Illinois Mayor Just Signed an Executive Order to Do It"

Warning rant..... off subject, while doing a search I came across this.

Here is our turn coat Governor.

https://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/news/local_news/dewine-discusses-coronavirus-gun-laws-at-chabad-luncheon/article_e8f483b4-5981-11ea-ad3f-dba7d5121900.html

"When asked about Ohio’s gun laws and criminal justice reform, DeWine noted legislation he introduced to the Ohio General Assembly on Oct. 7, 2019, in the days following the mass shooting in Dayton. Sponsored by state Sen. Matt Dolan, R-Chagrin Falls, the STRONG Ohio bill would, if passed as written, require more thorough background checks for people seeking to purchase a gun in the state, implement a new system of background checks, and increase penalties for criminal acts committed while using a firearm and more."

I spoke to Mr. Dolan last fall, very serious stuff.. Red Flag Bill, Veterans watch out. See 3 different mental heath officials and your gun rights could be in danger. I didn't serve but, veterans I know said it can sometime take more visits that that to find one someone to help.

Sorry for the rant.. Steve

Frisby5.0
03-22-2020, 06:46 AM

Swine flu

Steve

Agree Steve, global terrorism and mass shootings is old news... need a new threat to crash economies and create reasons for all sorts of new products and laws ....

I remember seeing you at several cruise ins and events when I was in college and had my first stang. I think you said you were in high speed imaging if I remember correctly. Good to hear from you.

Ben

Frisby5.0
03-22-2020, 07:00 AM
I have been seeing low recovery numbers provided for the US. In the next week, we will see all groups of numbers rise by a lot I think. They aren't testing everyone either. The case numbers are way off if this is true.

ncov2019.live/data shows 1% recovered now with 29 recoveries. Im sure testing is still out. 25,522 cases, 301 deaths, and 29 recovered.

Infection202.com shows 26766, 341 deaths, and 176 recovered for the US.

Agree Brian, if all the people I think got it including me, these recovery numbers should be orders of magnitude higher at this point.

This is like turning on the tornado siren the day after the tornado hit, and not knowing where and how many got impacted by it. Whoever is in charge of tracking this kind of stuff was either told not to say anything or was totally asleep at the wheel... IMO

Rick93coupe
03-22-2020, 01:46 PM
Anyone else seen the H.R.5717 bill they proposed on the 10th? Everyone is worried about their health and here these bastards are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_AfWN-Iavo&list=WL&index=2&t=0s

redfirepearlgt
03-22-2020, 06:54 PM
^^^ Not the least bit surprised Rick. As Rahm Emanuel former Chief of Staff and buddy to Obama said, "Don't waste a crisis.". This is typical of Liberal Socialist Power Elites to take advantage of a situation like this in hopes to push something or sneak something through though I am certain it would be VETOED by the President and would never achieve 2/3 from the Senate to override the Veto. While it would pass the House (controlled by Liberal Trolls) I see it never getting any further.

Don't misread my statement as taking this lightly. I know these yogurt eating hippy love child freaks from the Woodstock era on the left would do do anything to disband the US so they could move one step closer to being socialistic elite dictators. I'm just trying to provide some assurance as well that Trump would never let this pass.

Always good to write Congress and Senators when items like this pop up however just so that they are aware that there is still a majority of people who believe in being able to defend themselves through means aside from rocks and baseball bats.

draggin50
03-24-2020, 10:46 PM
Hope everyone is still holding up well since we are locked down.

Im pretty sure most of us are classified as "essential" anyways.

redfirepearlgt
03-26-2020, 08:08 AM
Doing fine so far. I was thinking this morning about Italy for a minute. It dawned on me that Vatican City is within that country. That got me to wondering why the pope hadn't waved his scepter over the country and healed them all yet......

draggin50
03-26-2020, 09:03 AM
He don't want it traveling up his scepter and infecting him.

It got Prince Charles though.

redfirepearlgt
03-26-2020, 10:04 AM
He don't want it traveling up his scepter and infecting him.

It got Prince Charles though.

LOL!

IWRBB
03-26-2020, 02:07 PM
https://www.dailywire.com/news/epidemiologist-behind-highly-cited-coronavirus-model-admits-he-was-wrong-drastically-revises-model

draggin50
03-29-2020, 11:56 AM
Everyone still alive and kicking?

Hoping we are getting close to being on the down hill slide from this crap but I highly doubt it.

redfirepearlgt
03-29-2020, 02:45 PM
Depends on who you watch and who is being asked...

We're above ground and above room temp..........but below 99F.

Mary Acton has the sky falling. On the other hand a company in Columbus just released a machine capable of sterilizing masks at a rate of 160,000 per day per machine. They are now being shipped to harder hit states as well as being used here.

draggin50
03-29-2020, 04:37 PM
She has some amazing numbers coming out. I find it very hard to believe them though.

I saw that the 160,000 was being limited to 10,000 by the FDA. Not sure why they would do that though...

redfirepearlgt
03-29-2020, 07:24 PM
President commented on the mask sterilization product form Columbus today. It requires some testing that will take a few weeks to verify and approve. I get it. Why risk lives on one person or one company's claim on such a product which lives depend on without some field testing by a separate source? Either way its going to help a lot.

I guess the news that we will remain in this state of social distancing and "shutdown" through April 30 now may mean that our meet date on April 18 should be bumped forward a month???? I've got cabin fever for sure. Got the car out to go pick up taxes yesterday and it almost didn't start from sitting so long. Blew it out on the way back. The traffic...what traffic....was so sparse I opened her up on 75 and "just let its tongue hand out" -- as Kennebell Cobra would say -- well into 4th up to.......well I won't incriminate myself. LOL!

NXcoupe
03-29-2020, 07:49 PM
Why postpone? The drive thru is open and we can social distance and still talk. I need to get out. And had Grench out today sportin his new shoes and it was fun. Finally got a hood vibration sorted out which made me very happy too.

draggin50
03-29-2020, 08:22 PM
President commented on the mask sterilization product form Columbus today. It requires some testing that will take a few weeks to verify and approve. I get it. Why risk lives on one person or one company's claim on such a product which lives depend on without some field testing by a separate source? Either way its going to help a lot.

I guess the news that we will remain in this state of social distancing and "shutdown" through April 30 now may mean that our meet date on April 18 should be bumped forward a month???? I've got cabin fever for sure. Got the car out to go pick up taxes yesterday and it almost didn't start from sitting so long. Blew it out on the way back. The traffic...what traffic....was so sparse I opened her up on 75 and "just let its tongue hand out" -- as Kennebell Cobra would say -- well into 4th up to.......well I won't incriminate myself. LOL!

Im with you. I had the black car out the other day and didn't see but one other car.

I just watched earlier him saying it was going to continue through the 30th. Probably a good thing as the numbers keep doubling almost daily. And if they would actually do more testing, these numbers would sky rocket.

redfirepearlgt
03-30-2020, 05:31 AM
They are doing more testing as it is needed. Testing now takes 5 minutes for a positive result and 15 for a negative to be confirmed. Just had a guy in our shop go in Thursday for testing due to shortness of breath. Result was negative. He had just started smoking again and his lungs were reacting to that. Said University Hospital had him in and out with no issues. No waiting no crowds and very well organized. The new test ALSO eliminates the need for PPE equipment. You swab your own nose , put it in a bag, and hand it to them. The original method involves jamming the swab through the nasal cavity and into the back of the throat which induced coughing and gagging. Our numbers are higher because we ARE testing as compared to other countries. Regardless we are talking about a small fraction though a life loss is precious regardless if we can stop it. Stay positive. People are recovering regardless of the lack of data being provided.

draggin50
03-30-2020, 08:19 PM
I like seeing the recovery numbers rise daily. With the quicker testing and more readily available tests, Im sure the case numbers will rise fast. Id just like to see us get a cure, even if not 100% tested, under our belt and reduce the number of lives lost.

Glad to hear he tested negative. That's a huge relief for anyone who tests.

China's numbers are bulls$%t... They are way under I am sure with both cases and deaths. I read earlier that they was probably closer to 46,000 deaths based on the number of urns handed out over the last few days. Truth will never be told there Im sure.

redfirepearlgt
03-30-2020, 09:50 PM
^^^^ An annual inoculation probably. A cure? doubtful. It's a virus, and like the common flu it will likely require an annual shot like any other flu virus would be my guess.

'Herd immunity' will likely be as big a role in minimizing it as anything. Those with stronger immune systems may never have to suffer the severe symptoms of it as others have. Guess we will learn as we move along.

On a side note - Imagine a person looking at accident related fatality data 50 years from now. He/she sees this 8-16 week trend of data that has this HUGE reduction in fatalities and wants to know why this short span of data rubs against the norm. Or some tree hugger stumbles across emissions data that show a sudden drop in CO and CO2 and NO2 in the 8-16 week stretch and wants to know what caused it. Would be fun to be a bug on the wall watching the day inquiring minds ponder what happened in data like this during this time 50 or 100 years from now.

draggin50
04-16-2020, 08:43 PM
Im really enjoying the talk of Ohio opening up here soon. Bill Bader at Summit Raceway and Rod at Pacemakers are ready to open up here too as soon as they can. At least some talk about it is going on!

2Fast4You
04-17-2020, 09:13 AM
I'm also glad to hear the buzz of getting civilization rolling once again...

draggin50
04-17-2020, 04:20 PM
Well hopefully it leads to something more than a bunch of number crunchers talking about a whole lot of nothing..

I try to listen to Dewine and Dr. Acton but its so hard to stay concentrated. Hopefully soon!

redfirepearlgt
04-17-2020, 06:22 PM
Damage is done. Expect a slow down. The only thing that will take off out of the gate will be Barber Shops and Beauty shops. Your elected and/or appointed anti trump officials will see to it that this will drag out as long as possible for as large a negative impact on economic startup as possible. They get paid regardless so the economy is nothing more than a tool for them at this point to attempt to sway a win in November if they can induce a recession that will last long enough.

Remember the famous socialist line "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste". ~ Rahm Emanuel

draggin50
04-17-2020, 06:34 PM
I fear that you are correct. Thinking it will be a slow go myself. I really hope not though. The numbers that they threw out at first nowhere near aligns with what they called out for up front. Hope maybe that will contribute to a quicker opening. Still a lot of scared people out there though.

I do think that the way that some of these democratic governors (Michigan anyways) are acting that it will be a good election year for the republicans. A lot of unhappy people up there! Pelosi needs to watch out too. She isn't doing so hot either.

redfirepearlgt
04-17-2020, 10:09 PM
Pelosi is as snug as a bug in a rug. She represents Berkley where the famous UC Berkley (one of the big birth places of the hippy anti government movement of 60's) is located. She could tell the entire area to go screw themselves and she would be re-elected by a land slide. Her daughter will replace you you can almost guarantee. Its' another one of those democrat dynasties. Maxine Waters has a better chance of being knocked off and her district is primarily Watts in East LA...but maybe only a 1% better risk. I believe that Tliab (sp?), Omar, and Cortez are all about to receive permanent retirement however. They spend more time fighting their own causes than representing their constituents. There are others as well that may get knocked off. That said if GOP members aren't careful they may again get upset as they did in 2018.

I am glad to see the middle class base active more so than in the past. People today are coming to the understanding that their 401K's rely on a strong free trade market to grow. Few today age 55 and younger have traditional pensions to retire on. So a strong economy and a free trade system as we have is a necessity for anyone hoping to retire that is a Gen X'r like me or younger. Of course dingbats like Cortez who is 29 and thinks nothing about retirement can't comprehend that, not to mention regardless of when she goes out (2 years of 200 years) she gets a pension for life. A military person has to serve 20 years to get 50% of their base pay.