Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Hug your parents every chance you get..... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hug your parents every chance you get.....

Mista Bone
10-06-2017, 02:33 AM
never know when you might become a caregiver/diaper changer.

https://s19.pixxxels.org/uemkya8ar/Mom_s_back.jpg

Mom will likely never walk again, and chances of her coming back home are near zero right now. Right now it is all about pain management and quality of life. Mom is/was an avid reader but due to all this, hasn't been able to lift a book in three weeks, not even a Readers Digest.

"I'm not horse glue yet!" so she still has her wits for now...but yeah, that was tough.

PT's, aka Physical Therapists are now know as Pain Terroists....

redfirepearlgt
10-06-2017, 06:39 AM
Sorry to hear this. Its not easy seeing your parents grow old.

draggin50
10-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Sorry to hear. I lost both of mine a few years back and it was pretty sudden so I didn't have to go through this. I feel for you and your family. Hope the best happens and she finds a way to walk again and be pain free.

NXcoupe
10-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Sorry to hear. Lost my mom and dad very young. It's very hard to go through for you and them.

PKFIRE
10-06-2017, 06:49 PM
I feel so bad for her and wish you patience and strength to deal with your new situation.I lost both my parents and I wish could still sit and talk with them. Your title is 100% correct.

firestang70
10-06-2017, 10:45 PM
Sorry to hear this.

Mista Bone
10-08-2017, 01:08 AM
Yeah, epidural was aborted after a painful ambulance rid, T12 fracture has moved and causing MORE issues and the doctor didn't wanna do ANYTHING because next step is cutting her open to install Ti upgrades....but they are worried her other bones are too soft and cause other issues.

Good news, I did get to drive her Buick in a little anger tonight, I missed the feeling of 323 tq minus what traction control was pulling.

Also make sure you know where your parents paperwork is while they still have their wits, still haven't found everything.

EDIT: Those that poked fun at me for moving back home when I lost everything in the bubble collapse (Fuck Well Fargo!) well now you know why Mom wanted me back home ten tears ago, she knew she was degrading.

Lucky I was home helping her when her legs gave out and when both flopped down on our butts, soft enough that it didn't hurt either of us. If I wasn't there, she'd never made it to a phone.

She'll be 79 in November....

Mista Bone
10-09-2017, 07:25 PM
She is no longer in pain, passed at about 1:20 today right after I got to the rehab center....

draggin50
10-09-2017, 08:11 PM
Man that sucks to hear. Ill be praying for you and your family. At least she is no longer in pain.

Mista Bone
10-09-2017, 08:50 PM
Man that sucks to hear. Ill be praying for you and your family. At least she is no longer in pain.

Knowing she isn't in pain anymore is the biggest comfort of all right now. I had been gather paperwork to be ready in case they did surgery, so most of that is sorted already.

draggin50
10-09-2017, 09:02 PM
My mom has been gone 4 years now and there is not one day that goes by that I don't wish I could call her up. Still miss her like crazy but it was quick and she did not suffer too much. That eases the mind a little.

chris91
10-10-2017, 03:47 AM
So sorry to hear Bone. You'll be in my prayers bud.

Rick93coupe
10-10-2017, 10:06 AM
Sorry for your loss.

adragon72
10-10-2017, 10:33 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss!

2Fast4You
10-10-2017, 04:37 PM
I hate to hear that, so sorry for your loss.

NXcoupe
10-10-2017, 04:43 PM
Sorry for your loss

PKFIRE
10-10-2017, 11:48 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Mista Bone
10-19-2017, 03:36 AM
PLEASE make sure your parents have things planned out somewhat.

Mom was a high school teacher, used to doing lesson plans over summer break. I got to pick the poem and the color (Blue of course!) of the sign in book...and that was about it.

It was easy, maybe too easy. Now Mom being agnostic and the preacher going on for a bit, well if I get haunted I'll know why. I asked to keep it light and simple....