Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
550hp ecoboost Mustang [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 550hp ecoboost Mustang

PKFIRE
04-12-2017, 11:29 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-ford-dealer-sell-550-180444981.html

Looks like you can buy low 11 second ecoboost without having to turn a wrench.

gzbs197
04-12-2017, 12:09 PM
With a voided factory warranty for $33K. I think I would rather go find a used 2013 / 2014 GT , put the TVS on it , run faster and still have money left over if I was looking at dropping that kind of cash. Plenty of good 2013/ 2014 GT's out there for @$20K , some less. But I guess having a fast Ecoboost will appeal to some people.

PKFIRE
04-12-2017, 12:59 PM
Still interesting you can buy 550hp new car for 33k. You can get 670 horsepower roush supercharger package and maintain the warranty on the new 5.0. That's probably what I would do. I like fact the new fords uses forged rods in both their 2.3 and their 5.0s now.

redfirepearlgt
04-12-2017, 01:12 PM
With a voided factory warranty for $33K. I think I would rather go find a used 2013 / 2014 GT , put the TVS on it , run faster and still have money left over if I was looking at dropping that kind of cash. Plenty of good 2013/ 2014 GT's out there for @$20K , some less. But I guess having a fast Ecoboost will appeal to some people.

Cha-CHING BABY! A Premium model 2014 with Auto can be had for 22,000 with under 23K on it(current autotrader deals within 500 miles). A super duper pooper scooper VMP Stage 2 package will run $7500 ish and the output can yield well over 600 RWHP (vice 550 FWHP). And you still have $3K to put into a Roth IRA account.

beefcake
04-12-2017, 09:59 PM
lol, they are grasping at straws now that charlie who took care of that program is over here with us at beechmont. we're already ramping up production ;)

redfirepearlgt
04-12-2017, 10:27 PM
lol, they are grasping at straws now that charlie who took care of that program is over here with us at beechmont. we're already ramping up production ;)

Beechmont scored landing Charlie Watson. Charlie is good people. The person running Lebanon Ford is running it into the ground like she ran Kings Nissan (she lost recently to Wyler) with the help of pinheads like Zach Funkhouser. That guy should have his dealer's license revoked, assuming Ohio still requires one to sell cars.

PKFIRE
04-13-2017, 10:07 AM
What does a 2015+ stage 3 Roush put down? I'm seeing well over 700whp on pump gas dynos on the internet. Are these tuned beyond roush? They rating them at 670hp. I would think more like mid to upper 500 whp.

redfirepearlgt
04-13-2017, 11:07 AM
What does a 2015+ stage 3 Roush put down? I'm seeing well over 700whp on pump gas dynos on the internet. Are these tuned beyond roush? They rating them at 670hp. I would think more like mid to upper 500 whp.

Yeah, its a FWHP rating. The tune is a dyno bragging right. Trust me. What Roush claims and is shown on a dyno pull does not translate to performance at the track. That goes for the 575 Phase 1 package of theirs I was running some years back as well as current packages offered aftermarket by Lebanon Ford (unless its a VMP tuned car). The tunes from Roush are so full of protection strategies the car won't get out of its own way. First hand experience speaking here. They deny this when speaking to the engineering department there however. Not going to go into that story, but here are some facts from my 2013 stick shift car.

Fully stock on street tires at the track the car ran a best of 12.77, and ran mostly in the 12.8's constistently.
The Roush package Phase one 575 FWHP setup the car ran 12.71 best ET on street tires.
THe Roush package Phase one 575 FWHP setup with Et Street II DR's on it ran a best of 12.35 at the track.
The VMP retuned package with an 82mm pulley (vice 85mm pulley) with the same DR's ran a best of 11.49 and was running high 11's all the time.

A guy I know who bought a 15 base model with that Roush deal from Lebanon had the same problems. All bark and no bite when it came to putting it down at the track. He retuned with VMP and found a whole world of difference.

Best bet is to look at the VMP Gen II R package. It may look similar to a Roush 2.3 TVS but it is machined internally completely different and actually cast different as well. I've kicked around swapping to the GenII R head and selling the Roush. But I believe I can get to where I want the car to be at with a lot less cost involved or pushing the engine any harder by using what is there and upgrading the converter and other tranny components down the road.

gzbs197
04-13-2017, 11:26 AM
Now I don't feel so bad about 12.6's / 12.7's out of my NA 2006 lol.

PKFIRE
04-13-2017, 11:32 AM
All good to know, it's nice that 5.0s make good power without any power adders. It just compounds how easily you can make tremendous amount of power from them. I think if I ever buy a new mustang it would be an auto. It's nice not having any boost drop off between shifts. I was really impressed with the 2017 ecoboost and 5.0 I drove this year. Just really good cruisers. Does these roush prep cars to do good on the dyno but not the real world? Just doesn't seem right they can fool people like that. A tuned stock Gt can probably run low 12s on slicks I assume.

redfirepearlgt
04-13-2017, 02:09 PM
All good to know, it's nice that 5.0s make good power without any power adders. It just compounds how easily you can make tremendous amount of power from them. I think if I ever buy a new mustang it would be an auto. It's nice not having any boost drop off between shifts. I was really impressed with the 2017 ecoboost and 5.0 I drove this year. Just really good cruisers. Does these roush prep cars to do good on the dyno but not the real world? Just doesn't seem right they can fool people like that. A tuned stock Gt can probably run low 12s on slicks I assume.

Oh yeah. Guys with a tune and Cat deletes are seeing 400+ RWHP which should easily get them there with slicks on the car and a competent driver. Go to an A6 and you are sure to be there. I've seen 12.6's on stock A6 base model GT's. Numbers on the dyno are there. Problem is when it comes to hitting the gears on a manual shift. Even with all traction control shut off, torque management will kick in and hold the TB closed when you go to shift real quick. I datalogged this and saw as much as 275 millisecs (.275 sec) of delay between commanded TB and actual TB position when shifting gears on the manual car after letting out the clutch. You experience a severe nose down as if the car fell on its face and then its back into it. Through s steady pull in any given gear its there for the most part. After retuning the green car I took it back to Charlie at Lebanon Ford and took him for a drive. He couldn't believe it. If I recall his comments I believe he referred to the experience as "RAW" compared to even a 675 phase III package with Roush tune.

redfirepearlgt
04-13-2017, 02:11 PM
Now I don't feel so bad about 12.6's / 12.7's out of my NA 2006 lol.

That little silver car is getting it done.

Walter
04-19-2017, 09:40 PM
Pal bought a 2016 premium 6spd, Roush phase 2blower from a dealer in florida doing the same as Lebanon. Made 652whp on a dynojet.

redfirepearlgt
04-19-2017, 10:34 PM
Pal bought a 2016 premium 6spd, Roush phase 2blower from a dealer in Florida doing the same as Lebanon. Made 652whp on a dynojet.

If it has a Roush tune it will make HP but won't get out of its own way at the track. A guy I met at E20 had the 727HP package on his car with the Roush tune and he could not get out of the 12's. It's all the protection strategy crap Roush uses in the tune that kills the performance. The power is there. How its being managed by the tune is what kills the track numbers. Put a proper tune on the car by VMP, AED Performance, or Palm Beach Dyno and you have a beast.

PKFIRE
04-20-2017, 12:00 AM
Pal bought a 2016 premium 6spd, Roush phase 2blower from a dealer in florida doing the same as Lebanon. Made 652whp on a dynojet.

That's what I've been seeing also dyno wise on the internet. Interesting it wouldn't perform well on the track.