Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Quick Latch [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Quick Latch

slow86fiveoh
04-11-2017, 09:35 PM
Just in case anyone is currently running the quick latch latches on their hood be sure to keep the safety latch, I witnessed first hand a failure of them at the track a few weeks ago on a beautiful coyote swapped turbo foxbody. Wasn't even my car and about made me sick.

SnailPony
04-12-2017, 09:30 AM
I considered using them in my car when I was looking at hood pins. I called Quick Latch and they recommended I use 4-6 to ensure the hood would stay down. I thought it would look dumb so I went with the standard hood pin setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slow86fiveoh
04-12-2017, 10:03 AM
content://media/external/file/23905
Hi, I've shared 1 photo via Photobucket. Please click the link to view photos: http://share.photobucket.com/shareprofile/indexshare.php?id=NzE4NzU=

Hopefully this picture works I took it right before he made the pass that the hood flew up

Rick93coupe
04-12-2017, 10:01 PM
Let me guess, he used a pair of mini's? I've never heard of anyone having a failure with the standard latches. If you are using the mini's, you have to use the factory latch assembly as a backup or use multiples like a dzus fastener. I just used a set of minis to attach a bumper assembly on a Lexus is200 that had the bumper tabs broken off. Looks pretty slick.

slow86fiveoh
04-13-2017, 08:31 PM
I believe they were actually tge larger hood pins not the minis, he made multiple passes in the car and on his last pass about 200ft out the hood flew up