Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
1973 Mustang Mach 1 came with an estate, need a title? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 1973 Mustang Mach 1 came with an estate, need a title?

Blowpastyou
01-30-2017, 05:57 PM
A buddy of mine bought a 73 mustang mach 1 from a guy who got it in an estate sale. He gave him a bill of sale, but wants to get a title to make it driveable. Anyone have any clue what the cheapest and easiest way to go would be? He has talked to the BMV and sheriffs department and everything is legit, just seems like a lot of hoops to jump through. Any help appreciated.

THanks

draggin50
01-30-2017, 11:38 PM
I can ask a buddy of mine for a guys number down south. He picked up a 70 Boss 302 with no title and for $250, the guy shipped him a clean and clear Mississippi title. Took him about a month.

Blowpastyou
01-31-2017, 07:31 AM
Awesome! Thanks Brian!

NXcoupe
01-31-2017, 07:19 PM
Get a hemmings motor news and there are places in alabama that will send u a plate and registration, you take the car to the bmv and do an out of state inspection, then issue him an ohio title. I've done it for old mopars in the past.

Stangman
02-01-2017, 08:26 AM
I believe the deal is, in Georgia they don't track old car titles real well, so anything older than say, '75 can have a title with a little creative paperwork. Then the title is transferred out of state to a nearby state, then to wherever it's going. It's not illegal, but it's not quite legal either. But, after it's done it's a legal title... so it must be legal!

Friend of mine used to buy up parts cars, back when he was building his 351w powered '86 RX7 and some would have no title... so at that time you didn't have to have a dealers license to do this... but he would go to the DMV and say hey I have this car, I own a shop. I need the title because I've had it too long and nobody's came for it. So the DMV would give you a certified letter to the last known address of who's name was on the title. If the letter was returned to sender you took that to the title office and you got yourself an abandoned vehicle title.

He did that a few times to get titles for RX7 parts cars, and even the title to my '88 Mustang I have... because the guy moved to texas... So I have a clear title in my name.

But, then Ohio changed the rules and you have to have a dealer's license now.

I hope all goes well for your friend, because I really love '71-'73 Mach 1's.