Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Sadly, Ford has lost a customer [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sadly, Ford has lost a customer

Goldenpony
01-16-2017, 11:09 PM
My sister bought a brand new Titanium Edition Focus from Beechmont Ford a few years back. She absolutely loved that little car. The problem was the automatic transmission. It gave her trouble almost from day one. To make matters worse, the service dept. time after time lied to her, said it was normal. She finally kicked up enough dust that they replaced the clutch assembly. This seemed to correct the problem for a while, but it started acting up again. Again, she pitched a fit, and after griping, writing letters etc., they replaced the entire transmission.
Recently she decided she wanted to trade it in and didn't know what to do. She will never trust Ford again. She ended up buying a brand new 2017 Mazda 3 with ALL the bells & whistles, AND a 6 speed manual transmission. She's owned a lot of cars, and a lot of them were Fords, but says she's never loved a car as much as this little Mazda. By the way, when she complained that the engine coolant was slowly going down, the service dept. told her it was evaporating, and it was, again, normal.
I'm a Ford guy. I have owned a lot of Mustangs, and I'm sorry Ford lost a customer, but I cannot blame her a bit. :(

redfirepearlgt
01-17-2017, 07:18 AM
Was this a bad dealer experience or did your sister try getting the problem resolved by going to other dealerships? I have found that distributors/dealers at times are the issue on the service side, not the OEM themselves. That said I understand Ford has really gotten to be a pain in the ass on warranty coverage in recent years from horror stories I have read similar to your sister's experience on repeat issues (and not on aftermarket modified vehicles), but then again you only hear one side of the story may times to be fair.

To be perfectly honest, the best service I ever had on a car with regard to coverage was from Pontiac. And that coverage was consistent regardless of where I took the car. I had great service on it while in California where I bought it, and that continued when I moved back to this area. Dealing with Pontiac direct through their service number was also a great experience each time. If GM ever screwed the pooch on cutting a line it was when they discontinued Pontiac IMHO. I owned 3 of them in total and had a fourth as a company vehicle and never had any issues with service even with the G6 that had a problem that took several visits to resolve...but was resolved in the end.

Stangman
01-17-2017, 08:31 AM
Lol... evaporating coolant.. That's a good one

Blkcobra01
01-17-2017, 05:54 PM
I believe that is the DCT trans? Known problems on the Focus. I think Ford even warranties those till 100k miles now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick93coupe
01-18-2017, 01:11 AM
I believe that is the DCT trans? Known problems on the Focus. I think Ford even warranties those till 100k miles now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weirdest trans I've ever experienced. You want a real treat, cut the wheel hard and accelerate. It feels just like a centrifugal clutch on a snowmobile, hell maybe it is?