PDA

View Full Version : 2010 mustang exhaust question...any help is appreciated

1baddlx
09-15-2016, 03:44 PM
A friend of mine wants complete exhaust installed on their mustang,long tube headers and all,anyone here done this and what all does it consist of?I'm helping them out on this deal and I need the ins and outs...it's a v 8 so lemme know

redfirepearlgt
09-15-2016, 04:23 PM
Pypes LT's with shorty X-pipe will be the best bang for the buck. Kooks are available but BOING! The 2010 4.6L 3V allows decent clearance to get to teh exhaust manifold bolts. The Pypes LT's also fit up nicely. You may need to designate stick shift or automatic when purchasing. The back half of the exhaust system is two parts. The after pipes and the exhaust mufflers (aka axle backs). Most reuse the after pipes on the 05-10 and then its merely a matter of how quiet or stupid you want the sound.

Biggest thing to watch out for is not getting the O2 sensor cables crossed when putting the O2's back in. It can be done and has been done by people who do this job all the time. So take the time to mark your cables properly. The wiring harness on the 05-09 (only difference of the 10 is looks mostly) would allow you to place the sensor harness wires on either side. The result? Crazy lean and rich O2 CEL's.

Recommend no cats. I have read way too many issues with aftermarket cats failing even the higher end ones.

Hope that helps some.

1baddlx
09-15-2016, 05:39 PM
Pypes LT's with shorty X-pipe will be the best bang for the buck. Kooks are available but BOING! The 2010 4.6L 3V allows decent clearance to get to teh exhaust manifold bolts. The Pypes LT's also fit up nicely. You may need to designate stick shift or automatic when purchasing. The back half of the exhaust system is two parts. The after pipes and the exhaust mufflers (aka axle backs). Most reuse the after pipes on the 05-10 and then its merely a matter of how quiet or stupid you want the sound.

Biggest thing to watch out for is not getting the O2 sensor cables crossed when putting the O2's back in. It can be done and has been done by people who do this job all the time. So take the time to mark your cables properly. The wiring harness on the 05-09 (only difference of the 10 is looks mostly) would allow you to place the sensor harness wires on either side. The result? Crazy lean and rich O2 CEL's.

Recommend no cats. I have read way too many issues with aftermarket cats failing even the higher end ones.

Hope that helps some.

She likes the kooks setup but dayum,that stuff is high,can she buy the pypes stuff and the kooks mufflers for the sound?

- - - Updated - - -

And the louder the better also

redfirepearlgt
09-15-2016, 09:21 PM
Kooks only makes a cat back setup for the 2010 so you may wish to look into calling them about fitment. 2011+ have hangers located different as well as a different joint. 05-10 use a slip style joint, where as 2011+ uses a ball style joint. With no cats and LT's on my 2005 I had Magnaflow street series and they sounded great and had a deep tone. MBRP has a deep tone as well abd I had them on the car with the OR and LT's but they were pretty loud. The Magnaflows brought it all into perspective.

Good Luck.

1baddlx
09-17-2016, 06:59 PM
Will I need to drop the k member to install the headers?

redfirepearlgt
09-17-2016, 08:16 PM
I don't know. The install price to have them put on was so reasonable I couldn't argue paying it to avoid rolling around on the ground myself and taking forever. Sorry. I know about the O2 sensors because the guys at the shop that did mine were telling me about it.

chris91
09-17-2016, 09:04 PM
I don't know. The install price to have them put on was so reasonable I couldn't argue paying it to avoid rolling around on the ground myself and taking forever. Sorry. I know about the O2 sensors because the guys at the shop that did mine were telling me about it.

Who installed yours? Being I don't have a garage I'm about ready to pay to have my LT's and K Member put in.

redfirepearlgt
09-17-2016, 10:19 PM
A place 4 hours away that I will not do business with anymore.

Finishline Performance is much better and in the same price range and in Milford. They have helped me out a lot. Great group of guys. Tell Brian and Wayne I sent you. I feel your pain. I have a shed for no better term. No electric, and barely enough room for the car. the push mower sits behind it.