PDA

View Full Version : Saddest Day of my Life ...

k062693w
09-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Some here know of my Father and the time I've spent over the years traveling back and forth to West Virginia caring for him before getting him to move in with me 6 years ago ...
Well after 6 years of Battling Congestive Heart Failure, Pancreatitis, Severe COPD and Collapsed Lungs (Left lung collapsed 4 times in the last 30 days) ... He finally said he was tired of Fighting and just wanted to be let go ...
After 4 days and 3 nights in Hospice Care, Thursday morning at 4:31a.m. he took his Final Breath with me holding his hand ...

I'm Very Saddened that I can no longer spend time with the Biggest Influence on my Life, But am relieved knowing that he is no longer suffering or in pain ...

The last 3 days I saw him more at Peace and Comfortable than I had in 7 years ...

I don't write this looking for Sympathy, But more to deal with the Grief and get it off my chest by talking about it ...

Rest in Peace Dad, I Love You ...

Robert F. Widay
9/16/1939 - 9/08/2016

vertigo
09-09-2016, 09:36 PM
Aaron, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. I went through this with my mom on 7/31. Anything you need, I'm a call away.

redfirepearlgt
09-09-2016, 10:13 PM
Aaron I can help but get emotional as I read about the loss of your father. As I have stated before my father is my best friend and one of my biggest fears is that day when I have to say goodbye to him. I hope I can be with him to comfort him as you have been for your father. We are so fortunate to have been given the opportunity to share great relationships with our dads. My thoughts, my prayers, and some tears (sorry to get wussy) are with you as you begin healing. I have no idea how you feel right now, but I know the thought of my father passing (though he is still with me) makes my heart wretch. God be with you and your family through this time. Chad

k062693w
09-09-2016, 10:36 PM
Aaron, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. I went through this with my mom on 7/31. Anything you need, I'm a call away.

Thanks Scott I appreciate it, And my Condolences to you and your Family for your Mother ...

Aaron I can help but get emotional as I read about the loss of your father. As I have stated before my father is my best friend and one of my biggest fears is that day when I have to say goodbye to him. I hope I can be with him to comfort him as you have been for your father. We are so fortunate to have been given the opportunity to share great relationships with our dads. My thoughts, my prayers, and some tears (sorry to get wussy) are with you as you begin healing. I have no idea how you feel right now, but I know the thought of my father passing (though he is still with me) makes my heart wretch. God be with you and your family through this time. Chad

Thanks Chad ... Like you he is/was my Best Friend, I'm just Grateful that I was able to spend this time with him ...

PKFIRE
09-09-2016, 10:39 PM
I know what your going through. I lost both my parents to heart failure and other complications. I was there when my mom took her last breath and it's hard to read post of people who have gone through similar experiences. Believe me he will always be with you. Sometimes I hear things I say without realizing that it's exact way my parents would say. I'll pray for you and your family. I wish you the best in all the additional things you will be doing to take care of your father's burial. God bless you and family. May he rest in peace.

draggin50
09-09-2016, 11:37 PM
Sorry to hear Aaron. I'll be praying for you and your family. I lost my mom pretty quick out of the blue February 2013 and my step dad who raised me in August of 2005. I miss them both very much. It's hard to deal with that's for sure. I still have videos of them both i watch from time to time. Makes me wish I was better on them growing up. My step dad taught me a lot and I cherish those thoughts. I guess he is who made me who I am today. If you ever need to talk, you got my number.

Goldenpony
09-10-2016, 12:11 AM
Very sorry for your loss. I know the pain, both my parents are gone.

chris91
09-10-2016, 01:10 AM
So sorry to hear about your father's passing Aaron. I just lost my mom to Cancer back in February. Lost my dad to ALS back in 04. It's one of the hardest things I've been through. Watching two hard working, good people being struck down before their time is extremely hard to go through. One of the best coping methods is to surround yourself with friends and family(the ones you can tolerate.lol) and have everyone share a memory of your dad. We did that when my father passed and it helped everyone cope with it a little easier. Laughter is one of the best ways to help ease the pain. You and your family will be in our prayers bud!

Pops Fun
09-10-2016, 03:14 AM
Thoughts and Prayers

JET50213
09-10-2016, 10:33 AM
God bless you and your family!

k062693w
09-10-2016, 04:30 PM
I know what your going through. I lost both my parents to heart failure and other complications. I was there when my mom took her last breath and it's hard to read post of people who have gone through similar experiences. Believe me he will always be with you. Sometimes I hear things I say without realizing that it's exact way my parents would say. I'll pray for you and your family. I wish you the best in all the additional things you will be doing to take care of your father's burial. God bless you and family. May he rest in peace.

Thank You Joe ...

Sorry to hear Aaron. I'll be praying for you and your family. I lost my mom pretty quick out of the blue February 2013 and my step dad who raised me in August of 2005. I miss them both very much. It's hard to deal with that's for sure. I still have videos of them both i watch from time to time. Makes me wish I was better on them growing up. My step dad taught me a lot and I cherish those thoughts. I guess he is who made me who I am today. If you ever need to talk, you got my number.

I Really Appreciate It Brian ... Definitely the man and father I am due to him ...

Very sorry for your loss. I know the pain, both my parents are gone.

Thank You ...

So sorry to hear about your father's passing Aaron. I just lost my mom to Cancer back in February. Lost my dad to ALS back in 04. It's one of the hardest things I've been through. Watching two hard working, good people being struck down before their time is extremely hard to go through. One of the best coping methods is to surround yourself with friends and family(the ones you can tolerate.lol) and have everyone share a memory of your dad. We did that when my father passed and it helped everyone cope with it a little easier. Laughter is one of the best ways to help ease the pain. You and your family will be in our prayers bud!

Thank You Chris ...

Thoughts and Prayers

Thank You Pops ...

God bless you and your family!

Thank You ...

I Truly Appreciate It Guys ... It means a lot ...

2Fast4You
09-10-2016, 04:36 PM
Sorry to hear off your families loss Aaron, my prayers will be with your family during this time as well. I know all too well of this circumstance losing my father in 2005 and mother in 2013. If there is anything that I can do to be of help, just let me know.

Blkcobra01
09-10-2016, 05:02 PM
Sorry for you loss thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kwik92GT
09-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss Aaron. Prayers to you and your family.

Rick93coupe
09-11-2016, 12:45 AM
I don't know what to say Aaron, you have my condolences. I'm glad to hear they were able to make him comfortable in the end.

1baddlx
09-11-2016, 01:10 AM
Sorry to hear and prayers sent your way brother...

Qtr milerocket
09-11-2016, 09:42 AM
Sorry to hear this Aaron so very sad, I'm glad I had the chance to meet him he was a jolly fellow. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family through this most difficult time.

Peace :(

James

ibstrokin
09-11-2016, 11:56 AM
Sorry for your loss buddy.

firestang70
09-11-2016, 05:57 PM
I am still blessed to have my dad, I dread that day as well. I am sure it was a relief to see him at peace the last few days you had. Also that you were near by and could be there for him. Prayers for the family bud.

KB1
09-11-2016, 09:35 PM
Thoughts & Prayers, I lost mine in 2011.

k062693w
09-16-2016, 02:07 PM
Sorry to hear off your families loss Aaron, my prayers will be with your family during this time as well. I know all too well of this circumstance losing my father in 2005 and mother in 2013. If there is anything that I can do to be of help, just let me know.

Thanks Shayne ...

Sorry for you loss thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You ...

Very sorry to hear of your loss Aaron. Prayers to you and your family.

Thanks Greg ...

Sorry to hear and prayers sent your way brother...

Thank You ...

Sorry to hear this Aaron so very sad, I'm glad I had the chance to meet him he was a jolly fellow. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family through this most difficult time.

Peace :(

James

Thanks James ... Greatest Man I've ever known ...
Today would have been his 77th Birthday ...

Sorry for your loss buddy.

Thank You Brian ...

I am still blessed to have my dad, I dread that day as well. I am sure it was a relief to see him at peace the last few days you had. Also that you were near by and could be there for him. Prayers for the family bud.

Thank You ...

Thoughts & Prayers, I lost mine in 2011.

Thank You ...

k062693w
09-16-2016, 02:08 PM
I don't know what to say Aaron, you have my condolences. I'm glad to hear they were able to make him comfortable in the end.

Thanks Rick ... It's been a Rough Week, But at least I know that he's no longer in pain or discomfort ...

Thank You from the bottom of my Heart Everyone, It means a lot to me ...

donna
09-16-2016, 04:40 PM
so sorry to hear about your loss Aaron. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

NXcoupe
09-18-2016, 11:43 AM
Sorry for your loss Aaron. I know he meant a lot to you. I lost dad in 88 and there isnt a day passes I don't think about him or wonder if I'm living up to his standard. If you need to talk you have my number.

k062693w
09-18-2016, 08:32 PM
so sorry to hear about your loss Aaron. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Thank You Donna ...

Sorry for your loss Aaron. I know he meant a lot to you. I lost dad in 88 and there isnt a day passes I don't think about him or wonder if I'm living up to his standard. If you need to talk you have my number.

Thanks Mike, I Appreciate It ...

Still hard for me to believe that he's gone ...

Rich
09-20-2016, 08:57 AM
Aaron, just wanted to share my condolences. Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

k062693w
09-22-2016, 09:32 AM
Aaron, just wanted to share my condolences. Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Thanks Rich ... I Appreciate It Buddy ...