PDA

View Full Version : Logging in question

Goldenpony
07-11-2016, 08:46 PM
I'm puzzled. It seems all of a sudden when I click on an icon to open one of the several web sites I frequent, I have to now enter my user name and password each time even though I always check "remember me". I have Norton Internet security and I recently upgraded to windows 10. It's a real PITA. This seems to have showed up the last couple of days. Has something changed, or is it something I may have inadvertently done? Is it just me and my machine, or is everybody noticing this?

2Fast4You
07-11-2016, 09:14 PM
Windows is automatically installing that version 10 even without consent, it is a pain in the butt. Best thing to do is to uninstall it, that is one reason why you are needing to log in all the time. I have been able to prevent it from being installed on my computer but a few others I know have not been so fortunate.

redfirepearlgt
07-11-2016, 09:15 PM
STill running WIN7 and no issues. Ditched Norton decades ago for ESET. No staying logged in issues anywhere.

Goldenpony
07-11-2016, 11:23 PM
OK, figured it out. If I click on the username box, username appears. Click on username and password appears in password box, then I just click on log in button and I'm in. I think this is all part of Windows 10's new more secure system. Once I figured it out, no problem-just a couple extra steps. Probably a more secure log in system.

Goldenpony
07-12-2016, 05:54 AM
WTF?? This morning when I powered up, it works just like it used to. I hate computers.