Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
BRIGHT VETERINARY CLINIC [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : BRIGHT VETERINARY CLINIC

redfirepearlgt
05-03-2016, 07:57 PM
We drive 45 minutes to this vet in Bright, Indiana. They are awesome. Dr. Day and Dr. Hubbard are truly incredible. Been using them since 2001.

We took Shelby our Boxer (who is also suffering from heart arrhythmia) and they found he had a tumor on his spleen. Though he showed no signs of bloating and all signs pointed to simply his heart was beginning to give out Dr. Day chose to do an ultra sound on a hunch and found the tumor. When they removed it today it alone was the size of a cantelope and had attached itself to Shelby's spleen, so needless to say the spleen also had to go. Hubbard also found three other tumors, the second the size of a pool ball. Shelby survived the surgery and while chances are the tumors are malignant and the tumors may return if not already in the heart, we may be able to at least enjoy him for a while longer and he is not suffering aside from post surgery discomfort.

This group is awesome. They are caring as well as in depth. And they are reasonable. Total cost of the procedure and post operative including meds and a mild food regimen to get him back to eating normal again was less than the cost of an annual checkup visit with his cardiologist at the Care Center in Blue Ash.

If you find yourself feeling fleeced and rushed at your current vet check out Bright Veterinary Clinic in Bright, Indiana. Tell them the parents of Shelby the Boxer sent ya.

chris91
05-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Good to hear he made it okay. How old is Shelby? Hope everything turns out ok for the lil guy!

redfirepearlgt
05-03-2016, 08:52 PM
He'll be 7 June 1. He's had the heart issue since he was 3 1/2. They thought he'd live another 90 days. Yet here he is over 3 years later. Like Art Linkletter said "He takes a licking and keeps on ticking". I just hope with this ordeal we have him through the summer. They're giving 2-3 months if these tumor masses are malignant. 75% chance according to the vet they are.

draggin50
05-04-2016, 12:16 AM
Good to hear Chad! I hope they come back non cancerous and he can enjoy more time with you! These animals are like kids to us. We have 2 boxers still. Bullitt is 7 and Shelby is 3. They make me smile every day. If something happens to them, Im done. We had to put one to sleep (Bullitts brother) when he was around 11 months old. Very heart breaking...

exrider416
05-04-2016, 07:49 AM
We have used this Vet since around 2005 and could not be any happier. Much better than any other Vet experience!!

capri5.0
05-04-2016, 09:00 AM
Dr. Hubbard and Dr. Day are the best. We have used them for the past decade or so. We own a dog kennel that breeds XL American Bullies and they do all of our vet care from puppy check ups, normal vet visits to emergency care. They are great people to deal with. Definitely worth the drive to Bright Indiana.

rtvickers
05-04-2016, 10:14 AM
I'm glad he's ok. I couldn't agree more that pets are family. I've had to put down a few and its was some of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Enjoy the time you have with him.

P.S. I know someone that owns a veterinarian/boarding hospital on the eastside. Lol.

PKFIRE
05-04-2016, 10:26 AM
My mom working in medical field would always be impressed by a good veterinarian since animals can't verbally communicate and express where the pain is and at what level. I hope your pup and your family can spend much more time together. Never easy seeing a love one go through that.