Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Buying a car from Canada? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Buying a car from Canada?

exrider416
02-03-2016, 12:32 AM
Anyone have any experience with purchasing a car in Canada and having it shipped here? What kind of fees are involved? Looking for someone with personal experience to walk me through the best/easiest way.

As for the car, I'm hoping to be competitive on the other dozen list. If it makes it to the states I'll reveal it then!

redfirepearlgt
02-03-2016, 05:40 AM
May try contacting County Clerk of Courts office. They handle titling and would likely be your best bet on how to process an out of country car.

vertigo
02-03-2016, 07:05 AM
This sounds like someone exploiting the 25 years and older import laws....if I had to wager a guess, I'm thinking R32 or R33 GT-R...

1baddlx
02-03-2016, 07:18 AM
I know about it,I went with a good buddy to get a mustang,even though it was built here and shipped there,you got to have documentation stating that it's emissions legal for the United states...he had it on the trailer and had to store it in Canada until he got the paperwork and went back and got it

redfirepearlgt
02-03-2016, 07:27 AM
Anyone have any experience with purchasing a car in Canada and having it shipped here? What kind of fees are involved? Looking for someone with personal experience to walk me through the best/easiest way.

As for the car, I'm hoping to be competitive on the other dozen list. If it makes it to the states I'll reveal it then!

If you do get it, don't be surprised if you develop a sudden urge to take up Curling AYE?. LOL!

TooFast98Cobra
02-03-2016, 08:01 AM
Ugh. We Bought A 65 ImpAla Ss From Canada. ItWas Horrible ExPerience. Never Again

412 6511920 I Can GiVe U A Couple Details On What Happened.

exrider416
02-03-2016, 08:54 AM
If you do get it, don't be surprised if you develop a sudden urge to take up Curling AYE?. LOL!

Haha. my only urge right now is to go faster than last year! lol

exrider416
02-03-2016, 09:05 AM
This sounds like someone exploiting the 25 years and older import laws....if I had to wager a guess, I'm thinking R32 or R33 GT-R...

No it was originally a car built here!