Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Cincinnati Bell Fioptics [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Bell Fioptics

Goldenpony
01-26-2016, 11:15 AM
Who here has CB Fioptics? I have been waiting for this service to come to my area (Goshen Township) and I think it is coming soon. I have been checking the reviews and they are almost ALL terrible. I have Time Warner cable now and am pretty happy with it. I have DSL from Cincinnati Bell now for internet and it's just OK. I hear the internet speeds with Fioptics is super fast, so I was going to just go with the internet service & digital phone service and stay with TWC for my cable service. After reading all the horrible reviews about Fioptics, I seriously doubt I want to go there.
Just wanted to hear from folks that currently use Fioptics . Thanks.

redfirepearlgt
01-26-2016, 11:19 AM
Friends of ours did CBT and are now back to TWC.

IWRBB
01-26-2016, 11:55 AM
I had fiber into my house. Internet and phone was fine, never a single problem. I dropped it due to price and a serious fuck up from CBT's end that went on for weeks and they couldn't fix it. It had nothing to do with the physical service and everything to do with people behind the scenes and their complete inept handling of my account/email addresses. I left them after being a Fuse/Fioptics customer for over 20 years due to the utter frustration with their "tech" people.

They have version where they don't run fiber into the house, just to the end of the street- then it's a high speed DSL from there. I've head of lots of issues with those types of setups. If they are putting the fiber into your house, you'll be fine. If it's coming in over copper, you might have issues.

I have TWC now- price with phone is half what CBT charged. Most of the savings is the phone service. Internet is still cheaper by itself though. I've not had any issues with TWC's internet or IP phone service.

rtvickers
01-26-2016, 09:45 PM
I've had it for about 3 months now. I don't have any complaints. I have tv and Internet. So far so good and fair priced around $100.

Goldenpony
01-26-2016, 09:59 PM
No problems with customer service?

rtvickers
01-27-2016, 06:53 AM
I haven't had to call them.

Gearhead
01-27-2016, 07:08 AM
No problems here either with Fioptics...just TV & Internet. Haven't experienced their Customer Service though.

Pops Fun
01-27-2016, 09:53 AM
Have Fioptics, internet and phone are fine.
TV leaves a lot to be desired. Some times just breaks up, i had directv and this has some of
the same problems but not weather related. Not terrible but far from perfect. sometimes words are out of sync.

Goldenpony
01-27-2016, 10:25 AM
Hi Steve.

Rick93coupe
01-27-2016, 12:14 PM
AT&T has a similar service in the Dayton area called Uverse. Some newer neighborhoods have fiber running to the house but the vast majority of it have fiber running to a node in your neighborhood. From there it runs across copper to your house. It's not without it's problems but if the copper in your area is in decent shape it can be very reliable. If you have had a regular POTS line through cincy bell and it's been pretty reliable, there's a good chance it will work well. If you have had the phone company out every few weeks or months to clear static on your line, I wouldn't waste my time.

2Fast4You
01-27-2016, 12:58 PM
I went to try it and had major issues on the customer service and installation side. Didn't have any issues with the service (30-days) of the cable or internet but when they were here to run the line initially they put in a temporary. When the ground crew came to put it into the ground, they were here for 4-hours and did nothing but tear up my yard and still never installed the line into the ground. We called the following day to ask what in the world was going on, they said that the guys who were here turned in paperwork that the work was completed. We explained to them that it was not, they said they would look into it and get back to us. We had to constantly call them about this for 2-weeks with no action on their end to resolve this issue and just kept saying the same thing. Guess what that got them, terminated service and haven't looked back. That's just my experience, use it for what it's worth.

Pops Fun
01-27-2016, 09:37 PM
Hi Jim
Hope your doing well...
I am having surgery tomorrow, to fix a problem with my whipple (https://www.pancan.org/section-facing-pancreatic-cancer/learn-about-pan-cancer/treatment/surgery/whipple-procedure-pancreaticoduodenectomy/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Whipple%20Procedure&gclid=CjwKEAiA8qG1BRDz0tmK0pufw3QSJACfn6olKeGSHM-laddyPK-O6_RQONTLBJyJ2s23g9iTEnMQSBoCo17w_wcB) operation in sept.
should be just a couple days in hospital.

Steve

Jeff88coupe
01-27-2016, 09:54 PM
We have had Fioptics for about 4-5 years now in 2 different houses. No issues at all...very happy with it.

Goldenpony
01-27-2016, 10:44 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope everything goes OK. Best of luck buddy.
Jim