Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
RotorPros [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : RotorPros

smytty
08-07-2015, 12:33 AM
Just ordered my brakes from these guys.
They have good reviews with the Evo community and are starting to pop up on SvtP alot.
Figured id give them a shot.
Answers emails same day and answers the phone right away.
The best part all 4 rotors drilled and slotted and ceramic pads for 280 shipped for the cobra.
Got a set for my work car, 06 civic slotted, drilled same pads for 200$
480 total shipped .

redfirepearlgt
08-08-2015, 02:25 PM
just sent in an inquiry. We'll see.

NXcoupe
08-08-2015, 03:42 PM
Hmmmm, that doesnt sound too bad. Just don't know if I want to go with the drilled ones or just stockers

redfirepearlgt
08-08-2015, 06:26 PM
got a quote of 400 shipped for F/R D and S rotor and performance ceramic pads. Quote came within 10 minutes od contacting them @ 2pm on a Saturday. Man do these guys get back with a contact. I was figuring Monday. Think I just may go and do this IF I keep the green wad of Wasabi.

chris91
08-09-2015, 01:24 AM
If you're going to do any kind of rotor like that I'd get just slotted. The drilled ones almost ALWAYS crack at the holes after so long. Honestly, a set of normal blanks and a good set of pads will perform just as good as the drilled/slotted stuff.

IWRBB
08-09-2015, 08:54 AM
I've had slotted rotors on my 94 Cobra- did not like them. Whirrrr every time you stop.

chris91
08-09-2015, 12:27 PM
I had the original Power Slots on two of my older cars and didn't hear anything like that. Did you possibly have them on backwards?

redfirepearlgt
08-09-2015, 01:52 PM
If you're going to do any kind of rotor like that I'd get just slotted. The drilled ones almost ALWAYS crack at the holes after so long. Honestly, a set of normal blanks and a good set of pads will perform just as good as the drilled/slotted stuff.

Will take that under advisement Chris. Makes sense as well.

IWRBB
08-09-2015, 09:38 PM
I had the original Power Slots on two of my older cars and didn't hear anything like that. Did you possibly have them on backwards?

Slots went "in to out" or "front to back". If I had the windows down and I slowed down from 50 or so, you could easily hear it. Wasn't crazy loud, but it was there. Plain rotors are the way to go, anything else is just for looks. Too bad you can't get non-chinese Brembo Cobra rotors anymore.

smytty
08-31-2015, 12:42 AM
Got everything installed to day.
They look great, no noise and def a diff in stopping.

Stangman
08-31-2015, 01:07 PM
I bought the old Raybestos BruteStop rotors back in the day, and they were drilled and slotted. I also went with Hawk pads all the way around... man, in my black car's hey days the brakes on that thing were freaking awesome... couldnt imagine better brakes back then.. and man did I ever use the hell out of them. I was brave back then with those brakes on my car and would go around backroads and corners as fast as I could. But then as time went on, I noticed when I would wash my car and clean the wheels that the drilled spots would have small cracks around them... and of course warping. So yes, I'd only go with slotted rotors. Or slotted and dimpled... but never drilled.

But I'll have to check these guys out and see what kind of selection they have.

thecollector
09-05-2015, 08:10 PM
Id stay away from the drilled rotors for a street driven car. Unless your car sees mostly track duty the increased percentage of heat dissipation will never be realized. Before you know it you'll be replacing a broken rotor in a Wendys parking lot at night..... Dimples and slots do just fine.