Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
03-04 Cobra OEM IRS BOLTS [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 03-04 Cobra OEM IRS BOLTS

Blkcobra01
04-14-2015, 09:29 PM
I need the two OEM IRS bolts that bolt the rear cover to the rear bushing in the IRS.

draggin50
04-15-2015, 12:44 AM
I may have them. Ill have to check tomorrow.

Blkcobra01
04-15-2015, 01:09 PM
Sweet let me know I have the diff out got my new FRPP cover on it had a brace but I guess you need the factory bolts for the FRPP cover.

draggin50
04-15-2015, 05:55 PM
I didn't get to look this morning but I'll try to do it tonight. I know Mike gave me the spare parts with mine when I bought it so they are probably there.

IWRBB
04-15-2015, 09:55 PM
I'd run ARP studs and nuts (12 point nuts if space is tight) instead of bolts for the cover to diff case. Those aluminum threads in the housing will thank you. Steel bolts will just eat them up eventually. Aluminum 8.8 diff housings aren't getting any cheaper- the OEM housings still available from Ford aren't even final machined anymore. The LS swap guys snatch up the diffs like candy. I got what's left of an IRS after the diff and shafts were taken for a RX7 LS swap. The guy used to post on here... haven't seen him in forever.

Edit: While you are in there, might want to consider doing the billet steel cap upgrades from Mark Williams. If you do, grind a flat on the back of it for the jack screws in the cover to sit on. You can run ARP studs and 12pt nuts for that too, but you have to machine off some material (spot face) or counter bore it to fit a thinwall 12pt socket in there. There's details to the part numbers/work necessary on Modfords, I can post a link if you want.

Blkcobra01
04-15-2015, 10:48 PM
The cover is already on I've had people tell me I can use the two bolts from my BF brace to bolt the cover to the frame. Then people have told me I need the OEM bolts.

draggin50
04-19-2015, 01:44 PM
Pm sent.

Blkcobra01
04-27-2015, 10:01 PM
draggin I think your inbox is full I found what I needed local thanks anyway though mods please close this thread.