Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Hate letter to Pep Boys [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hate letter to Pep Boys

vertigo
02-26-2015, 11:15 PM
As many of you have read in another post, I've been grudgingly tire shopping for my Santa Fe. I did some phone shopping today and decided that buck for buck, Pep Boys Eastgate had the best deal for what I wanted. I'd rather have kept my business local to me, but the $8 in gas was worth it.
The wife gets home at 4:15, we pack the baby and head west. Now, I've been quoted, I've been called back, confirmed I was coming and that the tires were in stock. We show up, and magically my information is missing, and the guy I've been talking to went home. Fucking Beautiful...

We get that sorted out, and I go with this old bastard to see the tires. We find three. Seriously?!? WTF? After hunting I (ME, the damned customer) find the 4th tire, and we proceed. No, I don't want the $85 alignment. Yes, I know my rotors are shot. If I could get the older woman to walk her ass back here and price them to me, I might buy some.

As we are meandering around the store, another old 'tard calls my 10 month-old son a girl, and after he gets corrected, does it a second time. I tell him to fuck off, we don't need help. Yes, I used the words, "Fuck Off." I'm not super patient.

2 hours later, the car is done....and the real fun begins. Let me digress for a second: We are dog-sitting for Tami's mom, and the little shit chewed my wallet when I went to take a dump. My debit card got cracked. So, Tami swipes her card for $582.97. They say it only approved $400, and we have an outstanding balance of $182.97. Wrong answer. We aren't rich by any means, but we have a really nice emergency fund, and this will not dent it. More like ding it. The woman is helping the older guy, and they both agree that when they deleted the transaction, it stopped it. I freaking doubt it. So, they run her card again. Declined. Again. Declined. Yet again. Declined. 4 fucking times this asshole swipes her card. Did I mention the 10 month old little dude? Yep, you guessed it: He is tired and PISSED!

Tami calls her bank, and confirms her balance. Now we've been at the counter arguing with these people for quite some time. I've about had it. We've got a printout of all transactions that shows that they have at least $400 from us. We still have no receipt, the store is closing, so Tami writes a check which the guy PROMISES to hold until he sees one of us in the morning.

Literally 3 minutes after we walk out, her phone rings and it's her bank's fraud department. Imagine that. According to them, they have taken at least the $582.97, and it appears to have been duplicated. Dick drinking, anal spelunking horse fuckers.

So now, we get to go to Amelia in the morning to talk to the bank, get a printout of the transactions from tonight, and go back to Pep Boys to argue some more. I swear to Christ, if this goes sour, and they got over $2500 for a set of Coopers, I am going to lose my shit. Small claims court, news coverage. I've got a big mouth and a bad temper. Let's hope they make this right. I may shit on the waiting room table. Right next to the magazines.

k062693w
02-26-2015, 11:49 PM
So I take it you won't be a lifelong customer of Pepboys ???
It's hard to tell from your post !!! LOL
Hope you get it sorted out ...

draggin50
02-27-2015, 02:32 AM
Jesus!!! I now know someone with worse luck than me!!! Hard to believe!!! I feel for ya. Good luck getting it taken care of.

vertigo
02-27-2015, 06:07 AM
Actually, I was offended I wasn't offered one of those stupid loyalty cards! Lol! Not really...
I'm so happy I get to drive 30 miles this morning and try to un-fuck this situation. I sure hope there's a diplomatic solution here. It'd break my fucking heart to publically blast this dump, via news channels, and various social media outlets. And I think small claims court would shred them. Thanks! I'll update this later this morning.

vertigo
02-27-2015, 06:26 AM
http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s612/VertigoXr7/image_zpse2bb769b.jpg (http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/VertigoXr7/media/image_zpse2bb769b.jpg.html)

This is what $2,331.88 tires look like.

vertigo
02-27-2015, 06:32 AM
http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s612/VertigoXr7/image_zpsdcc2153f.jpg (http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/VertigoXr7/media/image_zpsdcc2153f.jpg.html)

1baddlx
02-27-2015, 11:06 AM
Pep boys usually charges more than anyone else to mount and balance tires,I used to buy the metric skinny tires from them and take them home and have them mounted and balanced,I havnt been back,that's been a long time now

vertigo
02-27-2015, 12:05 PM
Here's how this morning went: we get on the toad at 7:30, heading for Amelia, where she thinks Kemba opens at 8:00. Wrong. They open at 9. However, member services starts taking calls at 8:30, so we start with them. They do show a $582.97 transaction pending. The hold on it has expired, so at any moment it could post. After that lengthy conversation, she goes into the branch and returns with a pair of printouts, one with balance info, and the other with the transaction which shows the amount and "Pep Boys Stores." pretty self-explanatory? I think so, but maybe I use 11% of my brain.
By the way, at 8:00 we called Pep Boys and explained that we were headed to the bank, then would be there. When we got there, the fat fucking botard behind a register asked if he could help us. I said we were looking for Chris, and I got a grunt followed by him pointing at the tire desks. So, in my nicest dickhead voice I loudly proclaim, "Glad to see quality customer service, asshole!" Poor Tami, I'm already gearing up for a Navy ass-ripping. (No homo)
Some other worker gets wise, and retrieves said cocksucker from the back, and out he comes. He sees us, and he looks both relieved and distressed, and immediately tells me that he got chewed out by his GM for releasing a car without payment. To which I reminded him that there was a check there for the full amount. Proceed to him becoming a douchebag. To where I had to explain, "Look dude, we just drove 35 miles each way to make this right, so don't act like we are thieves." then Tami starts talking... Here we go...

vertigo
02-27-2015, 12:23 PM
So Chris turns his attention and attitude to her, and she asks for her check back while explaining the bank printouts. He literally jerks the papers from her hands, and.... I drop my head, shaking it. I'm fully aware of the signs that her inner white trash is coming out. ......and it does. She lights him up in her 5'3" of fury. After a 30 second dissertation on how he DOES NOT NEED TO SNATCH ANYTHING FROM MY HANDS!, he again mentions his early morning ass chewing from the General Manager. Since his got aggressive with a small woman, now he has my full attention. I tell him, "You're ass chewing is not my problem, nor any concern of ours. If you knew how to do your fucking job, we wouldn't be having this conversation. As far as I'm concerned, you can take the fucking tires off, remount my old ones, and I'll gladly leave. As soon as you refund this money her bank says you're being paid. And while we are at it, you make another aggressive move towards her, you better dial 9-1-1. Because I'm almost done talking."
He couldn't get that HIS computer system screwed this up. That we show the money coming out, and they don't show receiving it.
I guess my thinly veiled threat of violence was overheard by Jeff, the GM. so out he comes. After some slightly better diplomatic exchanges, he calls corporate, and we go back into his office. He shows us all of the previous days transactions, and the 4 that he swiped our card for had no authorization numbers. We call the bank on speaker phone, and by some strange coincidence, he speaks to the one person who Tami had been speaking to. The only thing we can decide, is that the transaction was authorized by the bank, but not by Pep Boys. The bank rep advised us to pay the amount, and pay close attention to the account over the next week to make sure we don't get overcharged. If we do, try Pep Boys for a refund. If they refuse, Kemba will charge them with fraud, and will ensure a refund. So that's that. Deal with these fuck-pirates at your own risk.

Stangman
02-27-2015, 12:36 PM
Damn!!!

This has me in flashbacks of Dedpedal-styled rantings!

I used to work at that store. And yes... that company is a bunch of anal spelunking horse fuckers.

vertigo
02-27-2015, 12:52 PM
So now, after all that....two of your largest Dunkels, bitte!

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s612/VertigoXr7/image_zps09f04bc6.jpg (http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/VertigoXr7/media/image_zps09f04bc6.jpg.html)

vertigo
02-27-2015, 12:56 PM
Damn!!!

This has me in flashbacks of Dedpedal-styled rantings!

I used to work at that store. And yes... that company is a bunch of anal spelunking horse fuckers.
I wish like hell you still did, Jesse. You have a brain!

SN95N/A
02-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Haha good stuff right there,well at least you got it resolved!!

4n_eatr
02-27-2015, 01:50 PM
Haha, I want to hang out with you guys.
When I called (not that store) they wouldn't sell me tires because they didn't come stock on my car.

vertigo
02-27-2015, 02:11 PM
Haha good stuff right there,well at least you got it resolved!!

I hope we did. I think they hope so, too. I doubt I'm customer of the month.

vertigo
02-27-2015, 02:13 PM
Haha, I want to hang out with you guys.
When I called (not that store) they wouldn't sell me tires because they didn't come stock on my car.

I had that same worry, since I went from a 225/70 to a 235/70. Not a huge difference, but I had to convince them that they'd fit. Not that I'll be back, unless I need warranty tire work.

4n_eatr
02-27-2015, 02:19 PM
I'm going from a 245/45R17 to a 245/40R18. Same OD, same width, just bigger wheel. They said I would have to bring it in for them to look and make sure it would fit. Yeah no thanks.

vertigo
02-27-2015, 02:39 PM
I think what we are dealing with is a group of life forms with a much superior intelligence. As much as tires like that cost, few people arbitrarily buy tires for a performance car without first ensuring they will fit. I bet these ass-monkeys finger their own buttholes and sniff it.
Makes me wish I was smart.

redfirepearlgt
02-27-2015, 03:33 PM
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj528/redfirepearlgt/warden.jpg (http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/redfirepearlgt/media/warden.jpg.html)
What...WE'VE.........GOT..HERE...............IS FAILURE, TO COMMUNICATE.

vertigo
02-27-2015, 03:49 PM
Dude! I love Cool Hand Luke!