Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
It Took 9 Years.... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : It Took 9 Years....

NXcoupe
02-03-2015, 03:20 PM
I finally am the residential parent in a shared parenting arrangement with my daughter! I am pretty happy, finally get to have a say in how my daughter is raised and what she gets to do. I have a great lawyer that never let me lose hope and always kept the fight going for me. I have Rick Burdine to thank for recommending him to me. I couldn't have done it without my wife by my side as well helping me to keep my hope alive and keep fighting.
I'm posting this for all the dads out there like me, that got shafted by the court system and treated like a second class parent instead of equal to the mother. In this day and age, there is no excuse for one parent having the children more than the other as long as both are devoted to spending time with them and being a good parent. There is also no reason to guise alimony as child support. If a father is active and is a good parent he should have equal time and use his money to do what's best for them, as well the mother should provide for her children in same. I believe all divorces between two devoted parents should have shared parenting, and no money other than splitting costs down the middle. Just my opinion, but this is the age of equality, so men have just as much right to being a parent on an equal playing field. Not every situation was like mine, but so many out there are. To all the guys that were in my situation, I say keep your chin up and keep fighting. It's worth more than anything else in the world to be in your child's life while they are young and need you so much. It's the reason I sold my truck, my enclosed trailer, and most of my race parts. All of it went into my legal fund to get where I am today. It was worth it. My little girl will be well taken care of and I have the ability to see to it that her best interests are served. I also get to determine what school district she is in and what school she attends. There's more, but that's the jist of it.

So all you guys out there that want more time with your kids and more say in their upbringing, then keep fighting. Keep trying. It's worth it!

k062693w
02-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Congratulations Mike ...
Glad to see you hung in there and prevailed !!!

draggin50
02-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Congrats Mike! I fought mine for 3 years but she lost the battle for me. That was 14 years ago though. Today she don't have a whole lot to do with him and is a waste of space. I don't receive child support or anything but I got what I want there with me so that's more important. Again congrats!

2Fast4You
02-03-2015, 08:31 PM
Congratulations, took custody of my son 9-years ago...

maverick
02-04-2015, 12:19 AM
Always sad to hear about these situations... Hope for the best for you and your family man!

Pops Fun
02-04-2015, 07:24 AM
Sounds great, way to go!!

Rick93coupe
02-04-2015, 12:12 PM
Glad to hear it Mike, I remember when I became residential parent like it was yesterday.

5.0calypso93lx
02-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Congrats Mike. Sounds like a lot of us are in similar situations. I'm sure it's a good feeling.

redfirepearlgt
02-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Aces for being a responsible dad AND for caring and WANTING to be involved in your child's life. :bigthumb

NXcoupe
02-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Thanks Chad, thanks everyone! It is a great feeling to know I can be the dad I always wanted to be now. I always put her in girl scouts, ballet, soccer, played baseball with her, even tho her mother refused to participate even so much as taking her to a rehearsal or a meeting. It was always on my shoulders, but I looked at it as more time with my daughter. Family first, everything else second.

kennebellcobra
02-04-2015, 10:11 PM
Congrats Mike! Glad it finally worked out.

bbfstanger
02-05-2015, 11:43 AM
glad it turned out for you mike.
i know you've been dealing with it for awhile.

coupegt
02-05-2015, 04:40 PM
Congrats glad to hear it's working out for you

Blkcobra01
02-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Congrats Mike

COOP
02-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Congrats Mike!

NXcoupe
02-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys! Those of you like Jon and others know I've been battling this for a long time. I just wanted to share and give some hope to those just starting out on this journey. It's worth it in the end. I realized after I posted this that I sold my motorhome as well to finance this. Broke my daughter's heart, she loved that old jalopy.

pegasus
02-06-2015, 11:42 PM
WOOOHOOO!!