Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
geometry... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : geometry...

redfirepearlgt
01-07-2015, 02:16 PM
Does weight transfer increase or decrease when the transfer point determined by the intersecting lines of the Lower and Upper Control Arm angle positions?

Hope I stated that correctly. I have relocation brackets on the car for the lower control arms with three angle positions to choose from and two positions to choose from on the UCA bracket installed. Currently weight transfer point is almost right under the front seat.

mustang_gt88
01-07-2015, 09:19 PM
I believe what changes is the forces at the two points they are fixed at. 3 force vectors x,y, and the angle vector. The different angle should allow a great force applied at chosen point. I could also be just talking out my butt. Lol I believe it's a dynamic load.

redfirepearlgt
01-07-2015, 10:51 PM
Now I'm more confused than ever! LOL! It was explained to me that if you drew a line on the angle of the UCA (or UCA's) and then did the same thing with the LCA's, the point at which the two imaginary lines intersect was critical in determining how much force is being applied at weight transfer. Can't remember if that was called transfer point, fulcrum point or what. Also I apparently can't remember how the theory applies being it was 4-5 months ago now. But I was told then that by changing the angles on the control arms which effects that intersecting point impacts the force applied at weight transfer. I am just trying to figure out (while trying to apply what I thought I had picked up HEE HAW!) what needs to be done to apply more or less force with respect to this.

Could someone try to explain what I have obviously messed up and then explain what effect is seen at teh rear wheels when this intersecting point is moved toward the front of the car verses beign moved toward the rear of the car. Thanks.

mustang8998
01-08-2015, 05:04 AM
Instant center, Chad....

Take a hand full of your favorite headache medicine and enjoy!

http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/instant-center.php

redfirepearlgt
01-08-2015, 08:21 AM
Thanks Jeff. Nice link. Now if it will just warm up so I can get the car out and make those measurements.

mustang_gt88
01-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Very nice website