Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Opinions on Tranny [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Tranny

devous1
12-22-2014, 07:48 PM
No not that kind of Tranny. My wifes 11 Navigator is having tranny issues at around 76k. It is just out of warranty of course, and the tranny isn't shifting correctly and isn't going into 6th. My wife stopped driving it immediately, I changed the fluid and filter but it is still doing the same thing. She drove it one day after I changed the fluid and it was ok in the morning but started having shifting issues on the drive home.

The question of the day, what is the normal process for an issue of this sort? Is there a fix/rebuild or Jasper?

evil8
12-23-2014, 10:59 PM
4L80 swap

Kevin1989
12-24-2014, 01:40 AM
Id do something quick fast and in a hurry before another gear goes bad, my buddies Denali dropped a gear and he had it rebuilt pretty cheap. Call around to some trans shops and see what they want for a rebuild. And then call jasper.

devous1
12-24-2014, 05:27 AM
I drove it yesterday for about 10 miles and it had no issues. I'm going to have my wife drive it to work tomorrow and let me know what it does so I can drive it if it has issues. Jasper doesn't list a 6R80 for our car so I'll probably look into a rebuild.

NXcoupe
12-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Have you pulled codes? Take it to someone and let them put a scantool on it to watch the solenoids activating. Might have one going bad.

Stangman
12-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Find a good reputable shop that will perform a free performance check/diag. Then go from there.

thats what I did after my trans actually let me down on the way to work one day. They rebuilt it after they told me what was wrong and I've put almost 100k on it. I had some issues with it recently but it was just sticking valves in the valvebody. They checked it out for free even though it was out of warranty and was able to fix it with some fluid conditioner.

Have you tried running a reputable fluid conditioner?

devous1
12-24-2014, 10:10 AM
Not yet I'm testing it for next couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1baddlx
12-24-2014, 10:19 AM
I had a ford dealership mechanic rebuild my wife's transmission in her escape,he drove it and knew exactly what it was,fixed it right,and did it cheap,he didn't waste any time getting it done either,if you want his contact info pm me

devous1
12-24-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm all the way over in Lancaster and that tank is too heavy for my trailer. I'm thinking its a sticking valve or selenoid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stangman
12-24-2014, 02:12 PM
My truck would hang up between shifts and act like it was in neutral, and sometimes hard shift 3rd, but thats common on 5R55E's for my truck. I dont know what they put in my fluid but its made my truck a bad ass now when it comes to shifting.

devous1
12-24-2014, 05:47 PM
We drove it around town most of the day today and it ran fine. I think I'm gonna find a good additive, run it for a couple weeks then have it flushed.

thecollector
12-28-2014, 11:49 AM
Lubeguard for ford vehicles. KOI sells it. It is meant for making DexIII compatible with Mercon V.