Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Get togethers [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Get togethers

mustang_gt88
09-29-2014, 09:31 PM
Any get together a or cruises planned here soon?

cstreu1026
09-29-2014, 10:01 PM
There will be a fair amount of us in Bowling Green for NMRA finals this weekend.

draggin50
09-30-2014, 12:38 AM
There needs to be more to help this site out. The Terminator cruise was a blast but I'm surprised more people from here didn't come out.

mustang_gt88
09-30-2014, 08:16 AM
I cant do the whole weekend thing. I am looking for some Sunday cruises with the family and some friends.

redfirepearlgt
09-30-2014, 09:23 AM
There have been general invites all summer for get together events as I am sure you are aware. Is this question more pointed than just at open invites?

...As in why no SBZ events??? Only the folks behind the curtain can answer that question....:dunno:

mustang_gt88
09-30-2014, 10:04 AM
No just have not been able to make most of the summer cruises so hoping there are some coming up.

2Fast4You
09-30-2014, 10:08 AM
Maybe we can have a picnic or something at a nice park for everyone to just hang out?

mustang_gt88
09-30-2014, 10:33 AM
Maybe we can have a picnic or something at a nice park for everyone to just hang out?

Yes just something small

rtvickers
09-30-2014, 10:46 AM
There will be a few more. We're talking about doing a get together in the Dayton area. I know most of our events are in the Cincy area so we want to do somethings up north for the Dayton guys. Maybe another trip to young around Halloween. If their open.

mustang_gt88
09-30-2014, 10:49 AM
That would also be cool

redfirepearlgt
09-30-2014, 10:50 AM
^^^ So put something together and post up an invite. With respect to dates and availability of most people, NMRA is this weekend. XOS is next weekend. There is a wedding on 10/18.

mustang_gt88
09-30-2014, 11:22 AM
I like your thinking

redfirepearlgt
09-30-2014, 11:26 AM
There will be a few more. We're talking about doing a get together in the Dayton area. I know most of our events are in the Cincy area so we want to do somethings up north for the Dayton guys. Maybe another trip to young around Halloween. If their open.

Set a new record arrival ETA this time? LOL!

mustang_gt88
09-30-2014, 11:29 AM
You guys ever had Zombie Dogs?

redfirepearlgt
09-30-2014, 11:30 AM
If its anything like McRib I'd like it...with pickles.

mustang_gt88
09-30-2014, 11:38 AM
Lol you just mcribbed me

sean
09-30-2014, 06:22 PM
Lol. .mac rib is the shiznit. I'm off Thurs and Fri. I haven't been to a get together in years..

Rick93coupe
09-30-2014, 09:25 PM
Has there been any official SBZ get togethers this year?

redfirepearlgt
09-30-2014, 10:01 PM
Has there been any official SBZ get togethers this year?

Nothing since 2012.

leroy93lx
10-01-2014, 10:46 AM
I may put something together for next spring if I can get the interest and support. I have a state park as a front yard with plenty of room for about any size get together. The Ohio people could get their 90 mile cruise in from Cincy and spend the day over here. BBQ or have something catered. I may possible host a car show a couple times a year to complement the Saturday evening cruise nights the town is having once a month. I am kicking around a few ideas and talking with the cruise committee now. Talking about getting some speed shops to set up both spaces , food vendors and have some corporate sponsors. Basically a smaller scale version of Somerset to see where it goes. Bring in a portable dyno and stuff like that. Make it an all day thing basically. We are working on details now. There is a cruise here Oct 25 if anybody is interested.

leroy93lx
10-01-2014, 11:14 AM
One proposal is to do a specialty parking area for different cars every month. Mustang Corral , Mopar Midway, Modern Muscle ....... the Prowler club was her last weekend with 47 cars displayed. Those are a few ideas though.

NXcoupe
10-03-2014, 10:58 AM
I asked for an event cooridinator to step forward and help set this stuff up. I believe you tried it once as well Redfire. It takes someone that does nothing but organize events. Back in the day, a sbz event was someone posting up they were getting wings somewhere or stopping for a burger, and a bunch of other people showed up. Now, must of us have at least one job if not two, kids, wives, etc. Not a lot of time left for much else. I'm game for trying to get out, but most of these events end up being on my kid weekend, and I just don't have the time then.
I stood up and did my part at keeping the site going. Bitching doesn't get shit done, only gets shit started. Doing something gets things done. A website is as strong as it's members. I tried getting people to come meet me, and a few did, but most didn't, so I let it go. If someone steps up and gets things going, then I will show up to support it.
Not sure what the gouge towards the' higher ups' was about. I'm not stopping anything, and stay out of the nazi style of ruling around here.

draggin50
10-03-2014, 11:30 AM
It probably needs to be someone from the Cincy or Dayton area that has a lot of knowledge on places to meet. I live way out in BFE and I don't know where anything cool to do is.

NXcoupe
10-03-2014, 12:21 PM
It probably needs to be someone from the Cincy or Dayton area that has a lot of knowledge on places to meet. I live way out in BFE and I don't know where anything cool to do is.
Brian, you're right. I need someone in the Cincy area to step up and get the ball rolling. I can assist, but don't have the time to commit to doing everything myself. We had someone that handled all the get togethers, Moontang, and he moved away and no one took his place. He did a great job at making sure the cruise ins happened, and took the flack like a trooper.

draggin50
10-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Hopefully someone will step up! I miss doing the cruises and so on. Even if its some of the newer members. Maybe that's what it needs. They can attract some of their buddies who aren't into it yet.

joe2340
10-03-2014, 01:49 PM
I am glad to come hangout. Just a matter of getttin the car capable of going a good distance. I hoped to make some eventd this year but with buyin a house and life in gen it was hard. I live in bfe like brian does lol

mustang_gt88
10-03-2014, 02:02 PM
I started this thread just to see if anyone had any knowledge of cruise ins still to come. Not trying to blame anyone or get sbz site shit. I have meet up with Mike for one and it was just the two of us.

draggin50
10-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Who, if anyone, is interested in taking the roll of event coordinator??? Please come forward!! Lets get this place back on the map!

NXcoupe
10-04-2014, 01:23 AM
I publicly apologize to RedfirepearlGT. I was an idiot two years ago. When I read something I had posted in the moderator section, I couldn't believe it was me that had written it. I didn't mean to insult someone's hard work, but I did. I can't even remember writing the shit, so I can't possible defend my position at this point. Again, my apologies.

NXcoupe
10-04-2014, 01:25 AM
Brian, I'd like to see some impromptu get togethers here still yet this year. Doesn't have to be formal people, just say, hey, I'm going for wings at such n such, or grabbing a burger at this place, and see who shows?

redfirepearlgt
10-04-2014, 06:32 AM
I publicly apologize to RedfirepearlGT. I was an idiot two years ago. When I read something I had posted in the moderator section, I couldn't believe it was me that had written it. I didn't mean to insult someone's hard work, but I did. I can't even remember writing the shit, so I can't possible defend my position at this point. Again, my apologies.

Sir, thank you. I accept your apology. Now let's speak no more of it and move on. :bigthumb:bigthumbSent you a PM as well.

draggin50
10-04-2014, 09:39 AM
Brian, I'd like to see some impromptu get togethers here still yet this year. Doesn't have to be formal people, just say, hey, I'm going for wings at such n such, or grabbing a burger at this place, and see who shows?

That would be nice! Maybe come out next spring swinging with some nice meets and a SBZ cruise in @ Milford QSL.

NXcoupe
10-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Good idea. I'd like a cruise in at maybe the Middletown wings place, whichever one that is. Maybe hit up the owner for some space in the parking lot or something. I can't remember if that's a bdubs or something else like a Frickers?

redfirepearlgt
10-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Good idea. I'd like a cruise in at maybe the Middletown wings place, whichever one that is. Maybe hit up the owner for some space in the parking lot or something. I can't remember if that's a bdubs or something else like a Frickers?

PM sent.

mustang_gt88
10-06-2014, 02:08 PM

I would be down for this

draggin50
10-06-2014, 11:36 PM
Yeah I'd be down for it also. I made a couple local car shows this year and the Terminator cruise and that's it. Very boring year for me. No passes at the track either... I'm getting old or something!

redfirepearlgt
10-13-2014, 04:19 PM
SOMETHING IS COMING ON THIS VERY SOON. TUNE IN TUESDAY FOR MORE!!!!!

mustang_gt88
10-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Cliff hangers kill me

NXcoupe
10-14-2014, 10:30 AM
Lol, spoiler alert!