Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Here's what happened to the site [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Here's what happened to the site

NXcoupe
09-05-2014, 10:55 AM
We were hacked, obviously. But it was a lot bigger than us. The Domain host was also hacked somehow and they pointed our domain at that bullshit you saw on the screen forever. Our Web host for our board told us to repoint our domain to the server, well, they had hacked their software as well and it would not allow us to switch where it pointed to. So, they worked on it and I wrote a lot of heated emails till the CEO of the company responded and got it handled. It wasn't his fault, however, the domain host was refusing to allow them to make changes to the domain pointers, so they went back and forth until they finally allowed them to fix it.
Now, we are not going to use that Domain host any longer. I'm putting it on GoDaddy with my other domains and we are not going to have this issue ever again. Hope everyone gets the word around that the site is back up and I hope my phone stops getting calls and texts about the site being down. lol. It took my server till just now to repoint the domain to the site, so I wanted to jump on here and post this for everyone to know what was happening.

Cameron and I worked our butts off trying to get this resolved. DSB will be back sometime this year as well.

pegasus
09-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Thanks guys just glad its back I have progress pics to post!!

k062693w
09-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Thanks Mike and Cam for all you guys do ...

draggin50
09-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Thanks for getting it back up and running!

Rick93coupe
09-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Glad to see it's back up.

I do not appologize for asking about it though, lol.

redfirepearlgt
09-05-2014, 10:24 PM
Thanks for getting it back on line. Was having SBZ DT's

motox159
09-06-2014, 07:49 AM
Glad to have it back up and running. I was losing my auto motivation!

93snake
09-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Glad its back up... and big THANKS for the work you two had to do!

Black92LX
09-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Have no clue as to what any of that means.
But thanks for working hard to get it up and rolling again.

Gene
09-07-2014, 09:31 PM
This is a common issue with some of the smaller hosting companies. They're a lot cheaper, but they tend to be more vulnerable to hackers.

I've been using GoDaddy for hosting sites for about ten years now. I've had a couple of Wordpress sites hacked due to Wordpress vulnerabilities, but the backbone of the sites have never been touched.

Mista Bone
09-07-2014, 09:48 PM
With as much as "Danica" crashes, look into Amazon hosting services.

Stangman
09-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Thanks for working on it Mike/Cameron/everyone else!!

I had quite a few people asking me what was up, told em all to hang tight lol

Glad to see its back up.

NXcoupe
09-09-2014, 08:10 AM
This is a common issue with some of the smaller hosting companies. They're a lot cheaper, but they tend to be more vulnerable to hackers.

I've been using GoDaddy for hosting sites for about ten years now. I've had a couple of Wordpress sites hacked due to Wordpress vulnerabilities, but the backbone of the sites have never been touched.

I'm currently trying to transfer the domain away from this place that has it now, but their EPP code is not working. Tried it twice now, they sent me the same code each time. Not sure if that's correct, but it hasn't work. GoDaddy keeps saying the host says it's an invalid code and the host is the one that sent it to me. This is a pain. I'll be glad when we've moved away from their service. I think GoDaddy will keep our domain safer. Our server is relatively safe. I think we will keep it with them unless another issue arises.

Mista Bone
09-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Should I start a FB Group "Stangbangerz is busted again" for when Danica crashes???? The forum was safe from hackers but server issues, call tickets, etc.

Once the owner switch to Amazon hosting, also only other site I'm on that uses the new vB software (which I LOVE!!!) it has only faltered once or twice.

chris91
09-10-2014, 03:41 AM
My website and gaming forums have been on Godaddy for over 4 years now and I havent had one problem with them.

cstreu1026
09-10-2014, 07:50 AM
Should I start a FB Group "Stangbangerz is busted again" for when Danica crashes???? The forum was safe from hackers but server issues, call tickets, etc.

Once the owner switch to Amazon hosting, also only other site I'm on that uses the new vB software (which I LOVE!!!) it has only faltered once or twice.

Huh? :confused:

Stangman
09-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Must be PWI lol

Gearhead
09-10-2014, 09:10 PM

Oh boy....once again, WTH are you rambling on about ?! I've mentioned it several times before......read what you've typed before you post it and see if anybody other than yourself can understand it.