Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Outboard boat engines [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Outboard boat engines

2Fast4You
08-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Bought a boat over the fall of last year and I am having issues with the engine not starting, assuming somewhere in the ignition of course. Anybody know anyone that is very reasonable on pricing to troubleshoot and repair? I am a first time boat owner with a little budget, I know that them two don't really mesh well from what I'm told.

redfirepearlgt
08-05-2014, 04:20 PM
What kind of boat? Year. make, model, engine, etc? I have a friend who used to work at a Marina in Aurora. He might be able to help you...but I have now idea at what cost. He does not live far from you either. So if the boat is at your house he could come to you possibly. Get the info to me and I will see if he can help and if interested.

2Fast4You
08-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Good point Chad, here is the little bit of the run down to my knowledge.

1990 Bayliner Trophy, fishing boat
120HP Force 2-Stroke outboard, supposed to be the original engine to the boat and not the best of their line up from what I have been told.

redfirepearlgt
08-05-2014, 06:17 PM
I'll ask, but I am not so sure he will be able to help. I'll get back to you.

2Fast4You
08-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Thanks Chad, let me know.

redfirepearlgt
08-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Just got off the phone with him. Apparently it is a unique boat being half Mercury and half Yamaha as I was told. He went on to say the getting parts for it would be difficult but not impossible to find. Lastly he stated that that was not something he would be comfortable trying to work on for someone else. Sorry but I could not help you. I know this guy has done quite a bit of work on bigger boats but apparently not so much with smaller 2 cycle setups. Good Luck.

2Fast4You
08-06-2014, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the effort Chad, anyone else?