Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Car Prices to high [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Car Prices to high

mwaller5672
08-02-2014, 11:17 PM
I have been looking at pre 70 cars lately. Are people really getting the kind of money there asking. On craigslist it always the same cars with huge prices. I am in the fastiques so I figured I would wait until the pumpkin run and buy one. I know there can be big differences between asking prices and what you get. I don't know to many people that can pay 35 to 40 thousand for cars.

redfirepearlgt
08-02-2014, 11:32 PM
I keep asking the same thing about 03/04 cobras. Prices on them are way over inflated IMO.

2Fast4You
08-02-2014, 11:42 PM
This is a For Sale section, why not put this in the General Section?

mustang8998
08-03-2014, 06:51 AM
People will get, what the market will bear. That and Barrett-Jackson.

redfirepearlgt
08-03-2014, 07:27 AM
^^^ My market ain't bearin' those prices LOL!!!!

Bman
08-03-2014, 11:32 AM
A driver quality chevelle was 5 to 6k 16 years ago. That same quality car is 15 to 16k today. Then again everything is higher today. You have to pay to play.

mwaller5672
08-03-2014, 11:55 AM
I know a lot of it is I haven't been in the market for years. I seen a 68 chevelle ss and was willing to go 20 which wasn't even close. Guy wanted 35. I see a lot of those prices and was wondering if people are really paying them. I know at the pumpkin run the old farts have the money. They walk around with 50 grand in there pockets in case they see something.

mustang8998
08-03-2014, 05:26 PM
My buddy bought a '69 Chevelle, about a month ago.....I'll ask him what he gave for it. I know he looked for a long time, for anything old muscle.

Chad, I know what you mean, but like the old saying....the man with the gold makes the rules.

timdsellers
08-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Yeah, the termi cobras are a bubble that's going to pop(it already did, the termi owners just don't believe it). They were special because of the stock high horsepower back then but now a new stock mustang gt will easily keep up with it. For muscle cars it's rarity, horsepower and condition that determine the bulk of its value as a collectible. The prices of pre 70's have gone up so much in 15 years because they are just getting harder to find so supply and demand comes in to play.

redfirepearlgt
08-03-2014, 07:42 PM
Yeah, the termi cobras are a bubble that's going to pop(it already did, the termi owners just don't believe it). They were special because of the stock high horsepower back then but now a new stock mustang gt will easily keep up with it. For muscle cars it's rarity, horsepower and condition that determine the bulk of its value as a collectible. The prices of pre 70's have gone up so much in 15 years because they are just getting harder to find so supply and demand comes in to play.

I've noticed that trend as well. They are starting to come down a bit. ONce in a while there's a car that goes high but not like they were doing. I've toyed with owning one time and time again but I'm not looking for one with 2.5 miles all papers and the factory plastic still on the seats. If I bought one it would be to drive and modify it if it weren't modded already.

Jeff you're right the man with the gold drives the market no doubt. The baby boomer generation that dominated the late 60's are coming into retirement and they are looking to relive their wonder years. They are selling their homes, downsizing and looking to blow their retirement and investments without concern for the kids. Plenty effecting the increase in price in the late 60's market not to mention higher prices on labor, supplies, paint, tools, steel, etc.

sean
08-03-2014, 08:35 PM
I couldn't believe the prices compared to what nada had to say about the terminators. The 03 isn't worth crap even with low miles and the 04 is crazy high. They still price them like they are made of gold though. Your right about the new stuff though. My 14 gt will keep up with my 04 cobra... For now. I will say the 03 04 cobra should remain pricy no only due to how rare they are but also because of the little cost it takes to make one stupid fast. It also has one of the best sounding exhaust with the right parts on it. I've always liked the sounds these engines make over the new 5.0. I guess if you want a terminator be patient. One will come around that you just can't pass up.

Blkcobra01
08-04-2014, 09:44 PM

I beg to differ prices have not dropped to much considering how long these cars have been out and the amount of stupid power you can make with a forged engine from the factory. Yes they may drop a little more but for one that has been taken care of it will comand coin. They only made these for two years with 19k total im sure its safe to say there are less now but still quite a bit left. Once the S-550 hits the streets prices on the 11-14 GT's will drop Cobras maybe a little but not much think how many GT's were made compared to a Terminator which will always have a huge cult follwoing not saying GT's do not just saying these cars paved the way for higher horsepower cars Shelby GT500's Hellcats etc.

timdsellers
08-04-2014, 11:42 PM
We will know in 10 or so years but the terminators cache will face very stiff "new vintage" competition. Although there is a cult following for termis, Shelby mustangs will be(and already are)in the mix. You can find 07 or newer GT500's for under 30k. This will certainly be a factor in future values and what's sought after in the mustang world. Shelbys have low production numbers, more horsepower and oh by the way, have Carroll Shelby's name on them. I just don't see an 03/04 cobra holding these crazy inflated values. Low mile and perfect unmolested ones will maintain good values but that's always the case on a mustang gt or cobra. Personally I'd rather have a Shelby!

Blkcobra01
08-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Go and look sometime on SVTP and see how many 07-09 GT5hundo owners sell and come back to the terminator I'm sure in another twenty years they will be up in value with 428cj mustangs for clean we'll kept ones the terminator has that crazy raw violent feel to it if you ever drive one.

redfirepearlgt
08-05-2014, 12:30 PM
No doubt about raw feel. I've driven RTVickers 04 cobra and that thing is a beast. Granted its not running the stock Eaton. It gets up there quick. And I wasn't even getting on it hard.

sean
08-05-2014, 12:44 PM
You guys are making me want to keep mine.

draggin50
08-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Im gonna keep mine!!! If not Id just buy another one! Not the fastest car Ive owned but it sure is the most fun!!

mwaller5672
08-05-2014, 12:58 PM
In my opinion Ford is doing such a good job with the new mustangs it almost leaving the old ones behind. Whats kind of funny is the people that take the olds ones to the shows really get offended by all the new ones and complain.

timdsellers
08-05-2014, 02:16 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens because we are in the golden horsepower wars 2.0. If you look at 60's and early 70's cars, the most valuable cars have the most horsepower(a few exceptions). No one ever thought we would see that kind of power again which really helped those cars stay super valuable and collectable kings. Now the power in the newer muscle cars is outrageous(even by 60's standards) and just keeps going up. Termis are pretty mild respective to this resurgence of crazy stock power. The mustang to have is when this peaks again when the government kills our fun with regs and mileage reqs. Once this happens, values and pecking order will be determined. It's pretty cool we get to see this resurgence though. I don't know about you guys, but in 1991 I could never imagine a 700hp mustang from the factory.

Blkcobra01
08-05-2014, 07:25 PM
It's crazy to see how long this will last I hope ford has somthing up there sleeve with the hellcat coming out.

thecollector
08-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Hellcat is impressive until you stuff it into the challenger/charger. Then its like a pudgy tabby that only has rear claws.

thecollector
08-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Hey Mike my dad is selling his 70 Mach 1.

redfirepearlgt
08-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Hellcat is impressive until you stuff it into the challenger/charger. Then its like a pudgy tabby that only has rear claws.

ROL!!!!!!!

beefcake
08-07-2014, 12:55 PM
the 11-14's are going to be your next fox body.

solid rear axle, killer power from the factory.

mwaller5672
08-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Here is my unprofessional opinion about cars like the Mach 1. Like the GTO's and chevelles and some other cars it seems there prices go up and down. What I don't want to do pay 50 thousand for a gto and in 5 or 6 years it's worth half of that.
The 55 thunderbird is a good example. Just out of curiosity what does your odd want for his.

thecollector
08-11-2014, 05:33 PM
appraised at 68k. He isnt delusional like a lot of other guys in the market. $24,000 buys it. It cam from kar up in cbus. It is a very nice car. let me know if you want to come look at it. He is selling because it is a 4spd car and is starting to have trouble driving it due to health issues.