Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Drill Dr? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Drill Dr?

thecollector
05-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Anybody ever had a drill Dr. One of the bench top machines for sharpening drill bits. Over the years my dull bit drawer has expanded and iI wondered if these things are worth it or if its just a gimmick. Post up opinions/experiences good-bad or indifferent.

MFIELD
05-20-2014, 10:12 PM
I have one, works really good if set up properly. Seems to work better on bits bigger than 1/8" in my opinion.

jeep45238
05-21-2014, 01:07 AM
I do bits by hand for now (because they're loaners, and are all jacked), but I can tell you that when I sharpen them and follow the existing angle they generally cut like the devil. Occasionally I mess up, or the angle somebody else tried to set is wrong - that's where a machine is a life saver. Getting good quality solid cobalt bits is a saver too!

thecollector
05-21-2014, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the input Guys. I'm tired of sharpening by hand on the grinder. Next time I see them onsalon sale I'll pick one up..

facemelter71
05-21-2014, 01:01 PM
I think I passed you in Meijers parking lot on monday? Was in a hurry and couldnt stop.

thecollector
05-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Yeah that was me. I was running around without the kids. I've been off this week and have been surprisingly productive.