Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Getting ready to take off for Maui. God, I love Hawaii [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to take off for Maui. God, I love Hawaii

Goldenpony
05-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Leaving Sat. May 16th for 2 weeks on Maui. Been there a bunch of times but it never gets old. I have told my wife I want my ashes there when the time comes. Most every time we've been there we've rented a Mustang convertible. Only way to see Hawaii. If I can acquire the courage, we're going to do the "Flyin' Hawaiian" zip line.
After this horrible winter, I plan to have a good time. Aloha!

firestang70
05-08-2014, 06:42 AM
Tell Higgins I said hey.

Pops Fun
05-08-2014, 07:18 AM
Have fun Jim

Rick93coupe
05-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Best place I've ever been, enjoy!

Goldenpony
05-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Yea. We've been there a bunch of times before. Guess you could say I'm in love with the place.
I can't wait to sip on a cold ChiChi or a smooth Lava Flow. Nobody around here knows how to make them. Aloha.

beefcake
05-10-2014, 10:55 AM
have fun, I'd love to go!

Goldenpony
06-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Just got back. Best vacation ever. If you ever get the chance to go to Maui, be sure to do the "Flyin Hawaiian" zipline. This thing is bad ass!

redfirepearlgt
06-02-2014, 08:48 AM
Glad you enjoyed. How was it compared to Oahu assuming you've been to Oahu before Maui?

Did Oahu in 2005. Was a nice trip. Had pulled into Pearl Harbor two times prevous to that in the late 80's but was never there long enough to do anything but eat and call home before weighing anchor again. So the first trip had to be Oahu to see the history of Pearl first and foremost and of course Diamond Head and all of the Hawaii 50 intro scenes. Did the Dole Pineapple thing, went to Nothern Shores and saw the Pipeline, did the luau (sp) thing, hiked a nature trail that took us several miles into a tropical forest to Menoa Water Fall, had great weather, and a great time. Expensive compared to state side but a good time all the same.

Goldenpony
06-03-2014, 08:23 PM
As you might have already guessed, Oahu is much more of the capitol. We have been there and saw all the good stuff, Pearl Harbor, Punch Bowl, Honolulu, saw Don Ho show live (before he died), Polynesian Cultural Center, the Couching Lion Restaurant, the little island where The Karate Kid 2 was made as well as the little island where Gilligan's Island was shot. Saw the building where Steve McArrette's office was in Hawaii 50.
After seeing Oahu, Maui and the Big Island of Hawaii are our favorites. Also been to Kauai a couple of times, but it's a bit too laid back for us. Took helicopter flights over Kauai (saw where Jurassic Park was filmed) as well as the Big Island. Fantastic.
Hawaii is the most perfect place on earth.

redfirepearlgt
06-03-2014, 08:37 PM
Your trip to Oahu was more filled than ours. We only had a week there, but it was nice. My wife wanted sunshine and sunbathing. So she got it. I had originally planned a flight to Denver CO, and then catch the California Zephyr first class from there to SF,CA where we would then drive down to Fresno to spend a week hiking and site seeing Yosemite and Red Wood Forest. She won out. So Oahu for a week it was. Thanks for the information. IF we ever make it back there we will try Maui or Kauai. We're pretty laid back.

Goldenpony
06-04-2014, 05:22 AM
I hope you do make it back. I highly recommend Maui. It really is Heaven on earth. Aloha!

SN95N/A
06-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Where did you stay at in maui? Just curious im planning out a trip

Goldenpony
06-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Stayed one week at the Pioneer Inn in Lahaina. Very cool place. Very historic. Highly recommend.

Stayed the second week in our time share at the Kanaapali Beach Shores club. Awesome place.

cstreu1026
06-11-2014, 10:47 AM
I went to Oahu on springbreak right after 9/11 and loved, especially the much less developed north shore. Now I want to go to the big island to see Kilauea and dive with the mantas. If the timing was right I wouldn't mind skiing Mauna Kea.

Stangman
06-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Tell Higgins I said hey.

Ha!

How's the heat/humidity out there?

Rick93coupe
06-11-2014, 09:29 PM
We stayed in Lahaina too, although I haven't been anywhere else, it's such paradise out there I don't even care. Our hotel had a completely open ground floor, out to the beach and a constant light breeze blowing through. I literally didn't want to come back.

Goldenpony
06-12-2014, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=Stangman;785239]Ha!

Temp was mid 80s. First week was a bit humid because the Trade Winds weren't blowing. Second week was a lot nicer. Still Paradise.

How's the heat/humidity out there?[/QUOTE

Temps were mid 80s. Was a bit humid the first week because the Trade Winds weren't blowing. Second week was much nicer. Still Paradise.