Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
3.5" DOWNPIPE QUESTION [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 3.5" DOWNPIPE QUESTION

Jrcmutang
05-05-2014, 02:00 PM
I am done fighting with this stupid downpipe for the last time!! My question is, its a 95 car with a 302 and a C4, has a stock k memeber in it, I have to remove fromt he top of the car, but usually fights me the whole time and I kill my fiber wrap. Now I am in the process of putting in a K memeber kit, still same combo. Do you think that I would have the same troubles, or should I but a V band kit and cut the pipe in sections so it comes out in pieces?? Or another option could I have it jet hot coated and rid the wrap all together for a little more room?? The kit is a BG

Rick93coupe
05-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Without looking at it first hand it's hard to say but I will say this. Mine is coated and I'm sure it cuts down on the heat but I'd keep the wrap in place. They put out a ton of radiant heat. The next time I pull my DP, I'll be wrapping it and the crossover. You do get a bunch more room with a K-member. If your in my neck of the woods you could come look at mine an get an idea.

Jrcmutang
05-05-2014, 04:22 PM
I'm just tired of fighting mine and destroying the wrap at the same time. I have always head that you should get the wrap wet and them wrap the pipe, supposed to make it tighter?? LOL thats what she said??? I have the collectors, the corssover wrapped and it does great. I just was curious about the wrap versus the jet coat

Rick93coupe
05-05-2014, 04:34 PM
That's what I've seen guys do. Coated or not, leave the wrap on. Re wrap it if you need to.

Jrcmutang
05-06-2014, 07:26 AM
Im just thinking about cutting it in half and v-banding it. That way its more mangable