Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
How many of you guys use a GoPro camera? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How many of you guys use a GoPro camera?

Rick93coupe
03-12-2014, 11:26 AM
I think I'd like to buy one this year with various mounts. I just wanted to get some input on what you do or don't like about them as well as how well the mounts work. Those suction cups must be a lot stronger than they look.

2000GT
03-12-2014, 11:44 AM
i had one on my R1. they are nice!

yea once you stick em they are stuck. it held up going 180!!!

redfirepearlgt
03-12-2014, 12:10 PM
I bought a JVC addixxion because of the viewing screen, size, and sale price. Plus it uses universal mounts usedi nthe camera industry as standard. The unit records great footage and has a lot of nice features...BUT the microphone cannot be turned off and the least amount of wind over it creates tons of noise. There are a few home-made fixes forthat but I would not reccommend it on this basis. The go-pro is a bang up option.

'92Stang
03-12-2014, 12:34 PM
A guy that rides his Yz450 here on my trails has one. He had it on most of yesterday and shot some nice video with it mounted on his helmet. It stuck through mud, dust, and hitting jumps. Thinking of picking one up myself.

joe2340
03-12-2014, 12:41 PM
For action u need the black edition. Has a higher fps. We use onr atving and paintballing

SN95N/A
03-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Ive had black edition for a long time but can't give no info never used it lol

Rick93coupe
03-12-2014, 01:50 PM
I thought about seeing if I could organize a group buy if we could get enough interest to warrant a discount. I read the newest ones have wifi (older models might have that) and you can setup a network to a smartphone to activate and view what the camera sees.

Maximus
03-12-2014, 03:07 PM
I thought about seeing if I could organize a group buy if we could get enough interest to warrant a discount. I read the newest ones have wifi (older models might have that) and you can setup a network to a smartphone to activate and view what the camera sees.

That would be cool! :cool1:

draggin50
03-12-2014, 03:37 PM

I'd be interested in picking one up!

devous1
03-12-2014, 03:50 PM
I have two of them and I have had them on the deck lid of my car, roof, fender etc and never had one come off. I just don't do a lot of editing so I never post any vids because I feel like a tard seeing my self turn it on and off.

I bought mine with Amex Points or something. There are several other brands out, Meijer has a brand in their electronics that look cool, but Ive never bothered to compare features with other brands.

joe2340
03-12-2014, 03:57 PM
Yea black has wifi. White does not. Wifi and smart phone make it nice cause u dont as stated look like a tard turning it on and off lol.

leroy93lx
03-12-2014, 04:14 PM
I got a Black edition for Christmas but haven't used it yet. They seem pretty cool. I actually haven't even opened mine to see how they work!

Rick93coupe
03-12-2014, 04:19 PM
i had one on my R1. they are nice!

yea once you stick em they are stuck. it held up going 180!!!

Sweet there's a chance it might hold on to my car then, lol.:lol:

Rick93coupe
03-12-2014, 04:20 PM
I see some silver ones but I haven't researched what the deal is with that model.

SN95N/A
03-12-2014, 05:00 PM
I have two of them and I have had them on the deck lid of my car, roof, fender etc and never had one come off. I just don't do a lot of editing so I never post any vids because I feel like a tard seeing my self turn it on and off.

I bought mine with Amex Points or something. There are several other brands out, Meijer has a brand in their electronics that look cool, but Ive never bothered to compare features with other brands.

Doesn't it have a remote?

PKFIRE
03-12-2014, 10:48 PM
I got a Drift Action Camera instead. There is a viewer on it and you can rotate the camera lens. I payed 99+tax for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOAQ5aYLnA0
Here is it mounted to the side of my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZjD_RdyAGE
Here is it mounted viewing through the windshield

redfirepearlgt
03-13-2014, 07:51 AM
I got a Drift Action Camera instead. There is a viewer on it and you can rotate the camera lens. I payed 99+tax for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOAQ5aYLnA0
Here is it mounted to the side of my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZjD_RdyAGE
Here is it mounted viewing through the windshield

Yours has the same problem mine has with wind noise. That is my only complaint about the Addixxion which is currently on sale at Best Buy for $99.

Rick93coupe
03-13-2014, 08:13 AM
Yours has the same problem mine has with wind noise. That is my only complaint about the Addixxion which is currently on sale at Best Buy for $99.

Yeah the video quality is nice, I think the amount of wind noise is a turn off for me though. Although you could just put music over it.