Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Job Opening - Ford Sharonville [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Job Opening - Ford Sharonville

Black Horse
02-24-2014, 10:15 AM
There is an opening for a Production "Process Coach" position (like a Production Supervisior) if anyone is interested. I'm sure you'll need some level of experience in supervision and be willing to work alternative work schedules (night shift - 12 hours - 4 days per week).

If you are interested, send me a PM and I'll forward what info I have. I have no idea what this position pays, my guess is $60-70K/yr.

Gearhead
02-24-2014, 07:27 PM
There is an opening for a Production "Process Coach" position (like a Production Supervisior) if anyone is interested. I'm sure you'll need some level of experience in supervision and be willing to work alternative work schedules (night shift - 12 hours - 4 days per week).

If you are interested, send me a PM and I'll forward what info I have. I have no idea what this position pays, my guess is $60-70K/yr.

Dave-
Just curious, but aren't these positions usually filled internally ? Does it require an Engineering degree or ?
If I was only 20 years younger.....

My old man worked at Ford for 30+ years at Fairfax, Sharonville, Livonia, Van Dyke, and a short time in Dagenham, UK.

Kevin1989
02-24-2014, 11:33 PM
Man that would be an amazing job to have!

MWoods26
02-25-2014, 12:09 AM
Dave-
Just curious, but aren't these positions usually filled internally ? Does it require an Engineering degree or ?
If I was only 20 years younger.....

My old man worked at Ford for 30+ years at Fairfax, Sharonville, Livonia, Van Dyke, and a short time in Dagenham, UK.

I was thinking the same thing that a job like this is filled internally. Fat chance some geek off the street is going to land a 60-70k dollar supervisor job at Ford.

My dad worked 31 years at Sharonville. Id say theres a strong chance he might have known your old man or at least crossed paths.

exrider416
02-25-2014, 10:30 AM
I would have thought a Supervisor Position at Ford would pull more dollars than that?? Especially if it requires a degree? I just must be clueless on how much people make in other jobs/careers.

Gearhead
02-25-2014, 09:52 PM
Auto req ID 9147BR
Job Title Process Coach - Production Supervisor
Location Sharonville
State Ohio
Company Ford Motor Company
Job Description & Qualifications

Position Duties:

Verify Safety, Quality and Productivity objectives are met through following standardized work.
Ensure adherence to safety and housekeeping processes and identify potential hazards and unsafe practices.
Support Continuous Improvement and coach problem resolution to the lowest level
Optimize throughput in accordance with budgets and cost objectives
Monitor ANDON occurrences. Be the first responder as secondary support.
Responsible for monitoring day-to-day production processes, including operations related to equipment in area of responsibility
Meet FTT, inventory, cost, scrap, supply, and tooling expense targets.
Input into and execution of daily production plans. Ability to work as a member of a management team.
Direct and supervise hourly workforce and drive zone accountability in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
Build Team Leader capability
Maintain appropriate record keeping, enforce work standards, provide on-the-job training, and other personnel functions.
Direct skilled trades and maintenance personnel as required, to identify production bottlenecks and inefficiencies in order to maintain, improve, and optimize production yields, throughput, and uptime.

Minimum Requirements:

Ability to work any shift as well as rotating shifts and weekends.
High School Diploma
Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
Capable of assigning work to unionized hourly workforce and holding employees accountable for following processes pertaining to daily work assignments in terms safety, quality, and throughput.
Strong organizational and administrative skills.
Strong interpersonal skills and leadership behaviors.
Ability to multi-task.
Strong problem-solving and conflict management skills.
Successful candidate must be able to demonstrate leadership in ONE FORD (leadership) behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills.

Preferred Requirements:

Bachelor’s Degree
Body shop /stamping / subassembly experience preferred.
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
Knowledge of constraint management principles.
Microsoft Office knowledge (Word/Excel/Outlook)
Prior experience managing a unionized work force
The distance between imagination and …. Creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. And, it can be a road you start traveling right now. When you join Ford Motor Company, your journey begins. You become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products – and it is always ready to go further.

At Ford Motor Company, the distance between you and an amazing career has never been shorter. Join the Ford team today, and discover the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.

Black Horse
02-25-2014, 10:05 PM
Working at Sharonville is not what your father would remember...some ways much better, some ways worse. Things change.

Jobs such as these are posted internally, but you have to remember, hiring over the last 10 years has been spotty at best. The Process Coach job is a good entry level salaried position. I'm just guessing at the salary range, but for this type of position I'll bet I'm close. A lot will depend on your individual qualifications.

I would be interested in knowing who your fathers are, what departments they worked, etc. - I'll bet I have crossed their path as well.

PM me if you have specific questions, I may not be able to answer everything.

MWoods26
02-26-2014, 05:25 AM
Your right things change. It dont seem like that long but once I thought about it my dad has been retired for 10 years now. I couldn't tell you what all departments he worked over the years but all the ford guys would know him as "Woody"

Black Horse
02-26-2014, 07:50 AM
I knew a few Woody's that worked at Sharonville. Was he in Maintenance or on one of the lines?