Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
I'm in a Situation [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I'm in a Situation

devous1
02-14-2014, 06:18 AM
Here's my situation. I'm a small business owner, our business is kinda seasonal. We ramp up in the early spring and die in the late fall. This year has been exceptionally dead. We also have just moved into a new warehouse, just built it and still need some excavating and need to get our driveway paved as soon as it thaws and dries out.

My situation is, I somewhat collect Buells. There is a once in a lifetime bike on ebay right now that I have a severe hard on for. It's a 92 RSS 1200 Westwind, restored with all documentation including build sheet. This is definitely a rare bird, you may see one for sale every few years but definitely not in this condition

If it was a couple months later, I'd own this bitch and not think twice about it. But I'm torn between saying fuck it and just snatchin the thing and being responsible and holding on to my money till work picks up.

jeep45238
02-14-2014, 06:58 AM
While you do only live once, everybody I know that has the "I'll make it up later" mentality with their money isn't living a comfy life.

redfirepearlgt
02-14-2014, 11:47 AM
You're a business man. You know the answer. With healthcare costs as high as you have indicated in your household in other threads, and business as slow as it is, do you really think an impulse purchase is wise??? Family and needs before Self and wants. :dummy:

sean
02-14-2014, 11:50 AM
If its that rare sell some of your other not so rare things and buy it.

DSSKing68
02-14-2014, 11:51 AM
You're a business man. You know the answer. With healthcare costs as high as you have indicated in your household in other threads, and business as slow as it is, do you really think an impulse purchase is wise??? Family and needs before Self and wants. :dummy:

^THIS

I am dying to buy another airplane, but now is not the right time financially for our family. Tough it out, there will be another I am sure. Spend money marketing your business and have a kick ass year, put some money aside and THEN maybe buy one!

mustangboy
02-14-2014, 02:19 PM
You obviously don't work in the snow removal business:D

1baddlx
02-14-2014, 03:26 PM
I say buy it! that thing looks killer... you only live once!

redfirepearlgt
02-14-2014, 03:34 PM
If its that rare sell some of your other not so rare things and buy it.

Or this...............

devous1
02-14-2014, 03:43 PM
You obviously don't work in the snow removal business:D

I clear about 10 driveways when I have time but I refuse to take money from my neighbors. I'll take all the fucking beer they give me though.

devous1
02-14-2014, 03:48 PM
Or this...............

The only big ticket items I have are my trailer and race car. I thought the trailer was sold yesterday but the dude disappeared on me. Other than that I'd have to dump some guns (again hard to replace some of what I have).

I think I'm rolling that bitch up alittle further but not too much then I'm out. If I get it I can sell off some stuff. I have a stash of cash to last a year or so if something happens to me so I have a pretty good cushion.

521 BBF Notch for sale
48' Exiss Trailer for sale

Gene
02-14-2014, 08:53 PM
I'd buy the Buell. Worst case scenario, you won't have any trouble unloading it if you need to in a pinch.

Walter
02-15-2014, 11:06 PM
Def dont do it. Short of a EBR RS or 1190 RX, Buells are horrible. No offence...

devous1
02-16-2014, 02:05 AM
Def dont do it. Short of a EBR RS or 1190 RX, Buells are horrible. No offence...

Compared to what? A Buell is what it is just like anything else, its a matter of personal taste.

A lot of people think Mustangs are horrible cars, true.

4n_eatr
02-16-2014, 10:57 AM
Compared to what? A Buell is what it is just like anything else, its a matter of personal taste.

A lot of people think Mustangs are horrible cars, true.

I love Buells. Except the Blast... nobody likes the Blast.

Gene
02-16-2014, 01:02 PM

It all depends on what you're looking for in a bike. Are they comparable to new Panigale or S1000RR, no. But if you're looking for something that will be be fun on backroads while staying at somewhat legal speeds, then a Buell can be a good choice.

I've had plenty of fast, late-model sportbikes, but one of the most fun bikes I've ever had is my current 1974 BMW R90. You and James would leave me for dead, but the bike is a blast to ride and I don't have to worry about losing my license.

devous1
02-16-2014, 01:52 PM
List of bikes I owned and wish I still had

78 Z1R bought the bitch new from Milan Kawasaki when I was 15. ( wrecked it when I was 15)

82 Eddie Lawson Replica

77 Triumph Silver Jubilee

95 Thunderbolt

I've owned others but these are the ones I loved, and are now worth some serious money.

Walter
02-16-2014, 04:11 PM
It all depends on what you're looking for in a bike. Are they comparable to new Panigale or S1000RR, no. But if you're looking for something that will be be fun on backroads while staying at somewhat legal speeds, then a Buell can be a good choice.

I've had plenty of fast, late-model sportbikes, but one of the most fun bikes I've ever had is my current 1974 BMW R90. You and James would leave me for dead, but the bike is a blast to ride and I don't have to worry about losing my license.

OP is spot on. It is what it is.

devous1
02-16-2014, 04:55 PM
The thing didn't hit reserve and I wasn't willing to go above 10. Oh well.

mad max
02-19-2014, 11:14 PM

Struggle with this daily. But chad is spot on. I want a new 5.0 or terminator or gt500 so bad it makes me sick sometimes . Money is there but is it the wisest decision . Thanks for the words chad .

50dan
02-23-2014, 11:29 AM
I know it's hard but IMO I say hold off. I'm in bid openings every week now that construction season is firing up soon and bids are so low I don't see much profit in these jobs at all. Your business may be a different story though. I'm just saying that companies these days are bidding so low it's taking out any profit. This Obama economy has been "real change"!

sean
02-23-2014, 10:33 PM
Struggle with this daily. But chad is spot on. I want a new 5.0 or terminator or gt500 so bad it makes me sick sometimes . Money is there but is it the wisest decision . Thanks for the words chad .

Hey.... HEY...... Have you seen the 2012 cobra I have at my lot? If you get serious let me know. I'll get you a deal on it.