Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
sigh... no headlights or turn signals [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : sigh... no headlights or turn signals

87poopcoupe
01-27-2014, 10:38 PM
sigh.. dont get me started...

So i was almost stranded at the grocery store..

yesterday i couldn't get the 1995 gt to shift out of park( auto), had to take off the bezel and manually press down the little plastic arm so i could put the car into drive/reverse .

Today I was gonna check and see if shifter cable was slack ( doesn't appear to be)

but then I realized I have no turn signals, and no headlights. I am kind of confused. I dont think there are any wires connected to shifter or Bezel that would connect to lighting system is there?

1baddlx
01-28-2014, 04:49 AM
Check your fuses and maybe the main fuse panel in the engine area .hopefully that's all it is...

redfirepearlgt
01-28-2014, 08:12 AM
SAFETY THOUGHT - May also verify to see if you actually have brake lights for safety purposes. Since the shifter will not pull out of park normally this may be an indication that the brake pedal engagement switch may not be seen when the pedal is depressed. That switch is responsible for brake activity and parking solenoid on most cars. I say this because ofthe shifter comment and other light groups are failing.

With all of these systems going out I would tend to believe the common cause would be ground related. After checking for blown fuses begin looking for common grounding points and verifying that they are not loose or corroded.

87poopcoupe
01-29-2014, 02:30 PM
checked and.....

no brake lights...

i think i will go ahead and swap the brake switch anyhow since its a known defect..

anyone know of any grounds that they would suggest i check while i am at it ?

87poopcoupe
01-29-2014, 03:02 PM
swapped out the brake switch...

still no lights

i see 2 wires from the switch harness.. near it there is a broken brown wire?

might be from some old alarm that was ripped out long ago..
is the switch 2 wires ?

any thoughts on what grounds to check next ?

redfirepearlgt
01-29-2014, 06:00 PM
Check to see if you are getting 12vdc to the source side of these systems that are not working. If you are the problem is on the ground side and is likely a grounding point common to each of these systems.

87poopcoupe
01-30-2014, 09:26 PM
checked and no power to brake switch...
after 2 hours of tracking down the line... i found a broken wire/rubbed wire in wheel well

it looks like between the lowering kit and ice build up it rubbed thru a wire..

i now have lights...

redfirepearlgt
01-30-2014, 10:16 PM
good job. now you can hang out at QSL Friday.