Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
anyone on here ever lifted a diesel dually truck? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : anyone on here ever lifted a diesel dually truck?

1baddlx
01-05-2014, 10:42 AM
If a guy were going to lift his dually 4 inches what kit is the one to buy? Money wise and installation wise and overall driveability wise?any input on brand of kit and reasoning behind it would be appreciated. and if anyone has a goto guy to buy that would help too!BTW its a 02 ford f350 power stroke..crew cad dually

devous1
01-05-2014, 03:49 PM
I wasn't going to post on this but here is my .02. Ive had about 5 duallys in my day and a couple other superduties on top of that. I came to the conclusion that lifting a superduty was silly. However its all up to you. For me when I built my house 12 years ago I realized how much additional work having a lifted truck creates. Having to lift shit up, jump up in the truck and drag it up front then get back down. I never bought a lifted truck after that again. Years later I did purchase an 06 F550 that was tall as hell from the factory. In stock form the top of the tailgate was at least shoulder high. Lifting 100lb items in and out of it all day was a PIA. Plus I never could hook a gooseneck to it.

Of course its all personal preference and your intended use.

jktruckin06
01-05-2014, 04:16 PM
I vote for putting tractor trailer wheels on it. Look it up, I've been seeing a few around town with them.

My buddy just put a rough country lift on his 02. He got a deal off eBay and it had good fitment.

devous1
01-05-2014, 07:07 PM
What ever you use DO NOT go to 19.5 tire/wheels. They were stock on two of my old F550s and I have them on one of my small Kenworths. The tires are next to impossible to find in stock anywhere.

Last Fall we were doing a job for University of Wisconsin and I had to pull into a real tight area near the entrance of a building. I had a sidewall cut in one of my steer tires. Not sure if I curbed it or what happened. Any how we called every tire service business in Chicago and SE Wis and nothing. I took me nearly two weeks to get a replacement and I had to move the steer tire to the back and a drive tire to the front and drive it home.

86gt40
01-05-2014, 08:06 PM
I put a rough country on one, took about 12 hours, but had zero issues, zero modifications. Just took my time step by step. Very nice install.

1baddlx
01-05-2014, 08:39 PM
I pull a bumper type camper twice a year and a motorcycle trailer sometimes.... other than that I don't Haul much .I'm 6"2 and it don't bother me to get in and out...rough country-pro comp are about the same price..anyone use pro comp?