Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
My Daughter is in the Dayton Nutcracker Ballet [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter is in the Dayton Nutcracker Ballet

NXcoupe
12-03-2013, 11:52 AM
My daughter Izabella is 8 years old, and for the second year in a row, she's been chosen to be in the Dayton Ballet's production of the Nutcracker. last year and again this year, the symphony has also played for the show. I am so proud of her I could bust. She tried out all on her own, we could only take her to the door and sign her in, then she had to get herself ready and audition on her own at 6 last year and 7 this year. Last year she was a lamb, one of the 5 on stage, and she wanted to be something different this year. She got her wish, as she is a rat this year. It was funny how excited she was, "Daddy, I'm gonna be a RAT!" she said. lol. She will be in the performance on the second weekend of the show. They split the smaller kids into two different casts so they aren't worked too hard. It's been a lot of work on our end getting her to all the rehearsals and making sure she has everything she needs. But it's all worth it to me. I had to miss the swap on Sunday to take her to rehearsal. Her mother won't do a thing to help, and my wife refuses to drive 'downtown' to that huge metropolis known as Dayton. lol. I guess when you're from a small town, Dayton seems huge and confusing. Coming from cincy, Dayton is a snap. lol
Anyway, Just wanted to share. I know I'll be there on friday and saturday to watch her and we are taking her to see it the weekend before too. It'll definitely be enough ballet to last me for at least a year, lol.

NO SHOT
12-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Tell her congratulations Mike!! That's great!! My daughter does sign language to songs at church. Last week she coaxed my son into going on stage and doing a song with her it's a awesome feeling for sure!!:D

4n_eatr
12-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Congrats Mike, that's awesome!

chris91
12-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Isn't it awesome to see em up on stage doing something they love? My daughter has been in chorus for the past three years and I love going to her concerts.

mustang_gt88
12-03-2013, 01:04 PM
congrats mike, maybe I will take the wife to see it.

91lxnos
12-03-2013, 01:18 PM
thats awsome! Hold onto it as long as you can it all flys by so fast

Pops Fun
12-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Congrats !!

devous1
12-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Congrats to her and your family.

Does this mean you'll be moving the shop again.

Broadway bound.

NXcoupe
12-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Lol, no. Thanks everyone! Yep, very proud. She has rehearsals this Sat and Sun, then Tues, Wed, then next Sat and Sun are dress rehearsals at the Schuster Center. I am going to buy my tickets this weekend. They supposedly blocked off sections for family of performers since they didn't announce till this past weekend which performances she would be in.

DSSKing68
12-06-2013, 05:12 AM
That is awesome! Great achievement. That is also the perfect age. I miss my kids being 8-9 years old. I wish I could freeze my 11 year old where she is since she is my baby. They grow up way too fast.

Congrats to her and the proud parents, I hope she nails it!

NXcoupe
12-06-2013, 02:52 PM
That is awesome! Great achievement. That is also the perfect age. I miss my kids being 8-9 years old. I wish I could freeze my 11 year old where she is since she is my baby. They grow up way too fast.

Congrats to her and the proud parents, I hope she nails it!

Thanks bud, you get it. I wish I could keep her like this forever, but I'm just trying to milk it as much as I can while it lasts. lol.

2Fast4You
12-06-2013, 03:21 PM
That it a great accomplishment, enjoy.

pegasus
12-06-2013, 03:51 PM
CONGRATS!!!

JET50213
12-10-2013, 03:52 AM
That's awesome Mike! I believe my niece is in that as well. She is 16 and has been doing ballet for years. It creeps me out when she stands on the tip of one toe and touches the other shin to her face!!

RIXXX93GT
12-10-2013, 03:48 PM
That's great news. Next stop the New York Ballet.

NXcoupe
12-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Lol, I'll settle for Dayton right now Rick. I do hope she sticks with it tho. Jon, what's your niece's name? Find out what part she's playing and I'll let my little girl know to look for her. She makes a lot of friends while she's there.

beefcake
12-12-2013, 11:28 AM
congrats!!!!

PKFIRE
12-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Congrats!!!:bigthumb

JET50213
12-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Lol, I'll settle for Dayton right now Rick. I do hope she sticks with it tho. Jon, what's your niece's name? Find out what part she's playing and I'll let my little girl know to look for her. She makes a lot of friends while she's there.

sorry, i haven't been on in a while. Kaylie Thompson. I'm not sure what part. pretty red head, you can't miss her!

NXcoupe
12-15-2013, 08:53 AM
I will ask Izabella if she knows her. We went last night to see it and let Iz see the all new props and costumes for this year. She pointed out which Rat she will be. She's the second one from the front of the stage. She'll be on the stage 3 times plus one more for the finale. It was really good, looking forward to seeing my baby girl up on the stage.