Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
good place in area to buy supplements other then GNC??? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : good place in area to buy supplements other then GNC???

pegasus
11-19-2013, 01:22 PM
I don't want to buy the stuff online

but this is what I'm looking at getting

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer-supplement-guide.html

SN95N/A
11-19-2013, 01:34 PM
I started lifting 4 months ago,I order my stuff off that website they have really quick shipping.

pegasus
11-19-2013, 01:43 PM
I'm bad about not thinking ahead tho I want to be able to just run down to the store when I run out

pegasus
11-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Ive been working out and dieting for a little more then a month, today I'm at 250 from 278 and I've been cheating its time to get serous

Stangman
11-19-2013, 02:07 PM
Damn man nice work. I need to find the motivation again...

rtvickers
11-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Congrats on you hard work. Im with you guys. I need the motivation to get serious about loosing some weight. Ive had a gym membership for about a year and a half but only used it llike 10xs. Ive started about 3xs in the past 2 or 3 months but I only make it about a week. I start my second job in January and Id like to drop about 50lbs before then. Ive started the Insanity program 2xs and end up skipping days and before you know it I give up all together.

There's a place in Newport called Wiefit that sells supplements. Here's their website. Its on the corner of 9th and Monmouth. Good luck.

http://www.wiefit.com/

pegasus
11-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Congrats on you hard work. Im with you guys. I need the motivation to get serious about loosing some weight. Ive had a gym membership for about a year and a half but only used it llike 10xs. Ive started about 3xs in the past 2 or 3 months but I only make it about a week. I start my second job in January and Id like to drop about 50lbs before then. Ive started the Insanity program 2xs and end up skipping days and before you know it I give up all together.

There's a place in Newport called Wiefit that sells supplements. Here's their website. Its on the corner of 9th and Monmouth. Good luck.

http://www.wiefit.com/

cool I think placement of the gym has a big impact on me I have to drive past it everyday to get home I work out a hour to 2 hours a night but if you can make it in for 15min its worth it, your 15min closer to your goal

SN95N/A
11-19-2013, 04:56 PM
What I have noticed to help me out is I got a buddy that I work out with that helps push me,he benches twice as much as I do.But it helped me out havin someone to work with.

Jrcmutang
11-19-2013, 05:28 PM
try the vitamin shoppe, they are very knowledgeable

rtvickers
11-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Im a member at Planet Fitness. I have access to 2 of them on my home. I have trouble making myself go. I agree having someone to workout with helps. I have the membership which I can take guest. Ive been talking with my girlfriend about her going with me. She's been so busy since she has bought the business. Id rather run or ride a bike than lift weights at first. The biggest part of my problem is getting there. Once Im there sometimes I stay for hours. I always find a way to talk myself out of going. I use anything for an excuse. Im just gonna have to get off my fat lazy butt and get it done. And eat better.

zlou363lx
11-19-2013, 06:55 PM
try the vitamin shoppe, they are very knowledgeable

this is where I go when I don't order from bodybuilding.com. I don't like the people that normally in GNC. I don't need fitness and health tips from someone that smells like he just finished a pack of KY Best, or someone that if they stopped juicing would shrink to my size. haha:lol:

Adam@S&MMotorsports
11-19-2013, 09:07 PM
Solid Training / Solid Supplements http://www.solidcincinnati.com/
Great guys and good friends of mine. They are all very knowledgeable and Zach's
wife works in the pharmaceutical research field. By no means your GNC d-bags...

Chris Lazzo
11-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Not local but If you want the good stuff NAPSGEAR. :bigthumb

89notch
11-19-2013, 09:59 PM
Haha
:lol:

Adam@S&MMotorsports
11-19-2013, 10:06 PM

Oh shit! I knew someone would go there :lol:

wes 89 gt
11-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Nutrishop. There is one in eastgate and I think there is one in West Chester too.

pegasus
11-20-2013, 02:59 AM

Lol nope. Not going to get into that stuff

Jake
11-20-2013, 06:55 PM
you know more about your situation than I do, but if you're trying to drop weight, I wouldn't use a supplement except for as a meal replacement. Just try keeping track of your protein to make sure you get enough (you more than likely do). Don't mean to be preachy, just trying to help out.

I don't use the supplements often, as I'm a fan of real food! but when I do, and I forgot to get it online, I go to vitamin shoppe.

pegasus
11-20-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm tryying to lean down and build muscle I run atlest 2miles a day and then lift 5-4 nights a week

mean5.0
11-21-2013, 06:55 AM
Would you be interested in other brands or are you just looking for that certain type. I use a natural one and it is works wonders.

heatmup
11-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Bodybuilding.com has the best prices and fast shipping. Lots of good information on there. If you can't find it on there go to Health Foods Unlimited and ask for help. Never go to GNC unless you just like burning through money. Also, be careful with supplements, some can be dangerous.

If you want to cut weight fast, sounds like you are on the right track with the exercise. Now just replace breakfast and lunch with EAS Lean 15. You can buy it at Walgreens and mix it with whatever in a blender. I use Horizon chocolate milk, ice and one of those instant coffee packs in the morning. Fruit for lunch. Supplement with the Muscle Pharm Shred products and vitamins and you are good to go.

My weight yo yos like a lot of peoples but I'm 43 years old and can cut 20 lbs in three weeks doing what I described here, with the running and the lifting like you said.

89notch
11-21-2013, 09:56 AM
I've also been doing what you're describing. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and try to play basketball or some other cardio a few times a week. With my change in lifestyle and eating habits I've been able to reach my goals. I switched my diet so I actually think before I just eat anything. The only way to make it effective is to change your lifestyle because a diet never works. Also apps like myfitnesspal work great to get you started and track what you've been eating.

My goal was to build muscle and lean down slowly to avoid excess skin. My initial goal was a 1 pound a week average and so far I'm on target. I stared Dec 6th 2012 and have lost 50lbs since then and have added a lot of muscle mass in the process. I don't even feel like i'm "dieting" anymore and going to the gym is my routine that I don't even think about I just go now.

Good luck and if you have any questions let me know. Also pack your meals at the firehouse or you're going to fail eating all that shit around the station.

pegasus
11-21-2013, 10:38 AM
this is the program I'm on now:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer.html

I dont expect to look like him after the 12 weeks is done but I'm feeling really good...really sore but really good

before I joined anytime fitness in Lebanon I was just running 2miles a day

Im keeping on track and have been finding places in town that will cook the food I want the way I need it cooked (just in case I don't get all my cooking done for the week) what I'm finding with a lot of places is think a flat top is a grill this is bull crap the funny thing is freshes and waffle house are great for the oatmeal and egg whites I'm eating small portions every 2-3 hours (about the size of my fist) so what i did yesterday was I ordered grilled chicken (that sadly was cooked on a flat top but I got most of the grease out of it) and broccoli I ate a fist sized portion got a box and I'm going to eat the left overs today I have a pic of me before I started running and in 3 weeks or so im going to take another pic I have not only dropped too belt holes I have also made 2 new holes

pegasus
11-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Would you be interested in other brands or are you just looking for that certain type. I use a natural one and it is works wonders.

Just the type of stuff now my family doc told me the mega mans vitamin pack is good stuff but he wouldn't buy anything else from GNC.

Im on a 6 month leave of absence from Chester TWP VFD due to the ex being there (still on another dept) you really need to have your head in the game when it comes to this kind of work and I would maybe be fine but I know she would fall apart and cause problems but Im not hanging around with ppl on that department other then calling the chief to see how things are and the folks I knew before I was on the FD but I really want to see the look on all there faces when I come back and are looking good

pegasus
11-22-2013, 06:49 PM
down to 245Lbs

89notch
11-22-2013, 07:30 PM
If you find yourself hitting a wall with weight loss I found it helpful to shock myself for a couple days of normal/bad eating then back to the diet.