Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Bald Eagle Spotted... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle Spotted...

redfirepearlgt
11-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Took a drive down to my homeland in SW Indiana this weekend. As we were enroute to our destination west on HWY 50 between Versailles and North Vernon I saw a large bird of prey startled along side the road by an oncoming car and take flight. At first I thought it was just a Vulture (scavenger bird) that had gotten spooked by the oncoming car, but dad and I at the same time realized this birds wing span was larger and this bird had a completely white tail. As it took flight in a southerly direction just yards from the edge of the roadside we saw its yellow beak, its gigantic talons and its all white head on it confirming it was in fact a Bald Eagle. I could not believe it. I would have never thought in my lifetime that Bald Eagles would have made enough of a comeback to find them here in Indiana.

Wish I had had a camera to take photos.

draggin50
11-12-2013, 12:00 PM
There is a couple out at Cowan Lake by Wilmington that are nesting. I've seen a few pictures of one and it is a beautiful bird!

Pitbull1052
11-12-2013, 12:09 PM
There's several young one's at east fork........ did you find your persimmons? I saw them at Kroger the other day... made me think about your post.

Stangman
11-12-2013, 12:45 PM
I spotted 2 or 3 while in Maine at the end of October

mustang_gt88
11-12-2013, 12:51 PM
That is sweet I would love to see one around here. did not even know they were back in the area.

mustangboy
11-12-2013, 01:21 PM
I saw one in Cumberland swoop down and snag a fish. I know there are several nest down where we put our boat in

mustang8998
11-13-2013, 06:40 AM
Blackhorse has photos of one he spotted, somewhere local. He didn't want to divulge the location, so as to keep sightseers away.

devous1
11-13-2013, 07:19 AM
We were cruising into Marietta about 2 yrs ago on rt7. There was a large branch sticking up out of the Ohio River and I saw two big birds sitting on the branch right above the water. I was taken off guard also and never expected it to be a male and female bald eagle. It would have made a great picture but we were in the T800 and hauling ass so I couldn't stop.

When I got home that night I did alittle search and it appears they are doing quite well along the river and there are several breeding pairs in the Marietta area alone.

Rustanggt98
11-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Saw 5-6 of them while trailering home from the Bradenton, FL race this past March. They were sitting on some low branches and had a couple of nests perched on some dead trees in a bay probably only 100 yards from I-75. Only other place I have seen them is in northern Minnesota/Canada. Pretty cool to see them making a comeback!:bigthumb

Moody
11-16-2013, 02:16 PM
caesar creek has some.