PDA

View Full Version : PRICE OF CANDY!!!

redfirepearlgt
10-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Man oh live. Just bought six bags of candy for a trunk-n-treat curch event and thought I was going to need a co-signer to pay for it. HOLY CRAP!!!

What the heck? Did the futures market hear about a catostrophic event that wiped out or caused a shortage on artificial flavors and artificial colors for 2013? Was there a major spill somewhere? Good freaking grief...Can I consider trick or treat candy a charitable contribution? After all it is kinda like welfare entitlement.

Wrote this stupid thread just to bump the Cincy speed rant down.

:D:D

CNTLOSE
10-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Rocks...much cheaper.

2Fast4You
10-28-2013, 09:21 AM
This is why you see a lot more tootsie rolls versus Snickers and Reese Cups.

redfirepearlgt
10-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Rocks...That Peanuts episode is coming up if it isn't banned by some simpleton group.

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown... Has the best Snoopy Scene of them all.

2007ShelbyCobra
10-28-2013, 04:01 PM
On a similar note, individual candy bars are stupid expensive. Same with 20oz pop bottles, freaking $1.89, they used to be $1 just a couple years ago.

4n_eatr
10-28-2013, 07:00 PM
On a similar note, individual candy bars are stupid expensive. Same with 20oz pop bottles, freaking $1.89, they used to be $1 just a couple years ago.

That's because they're trying to stop people from buying them so te companies get the $h!t taxed out of them. At least it's not illegal like a 32oz is in NY.

And don't get me started with the Charlie Brown crap. I'm surprised we don't own it yet, thanks to Tommy, lol. But yeah, I'm surprised that they don't play te classics more. I think last year "Rudolph" was on one time. I've always watched Christmas vacation every year but it wasn't on at all last year (on basic tv)

motox159
10-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Sometimes if your lucky you can catch that guy driving around with "Free Candy" advertised on the side of his van....every time I tried to flag him down he sped up and drove away...

redfirepearlgt
10-29-2013, 03:33 PM
And don't get me started with the Charlie Brown crap. I'm surprised we don't own it yet, thanks to Tommy, lol. But yeah, I'm surprised that they don't play te classics more. I think last year "Rudolph" was on one time. I've always watched Christmas vacation every year but it wasn't on at all last year (on basic tv)

You don't own The great pumpkin Charlie Brown yet? Well shiver me timbers. Guess we will need to resolve that soon enough... "Linus". BRUH HAHAHAHA!!!!

chris91
10-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Wife hit up Kroger one night they offered bags of candy for a dollar. She picked up all kinds of candy for the lil brats. LoL

mustang8998
10-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Sometimes if your lucky you can catch that guy driving around with "Free Candy" advertised on the side of his van....every time I tried to flag him down he sped up and drove away...

http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/46000/46080_free_candy_van.jpg

redfirepearlgt
10-29-2013, 06:46 PM
Wife hit up Kroger one night they offered bags of candy for a dollar. She picked up all kinds of candy for the lil brats. LoL

Mine was a last ditch effort to get some stuff for the boogers at our Church Trunk n Treat. I should have hit the Kroger and would have likely saved money. But the cost is still freakin high just like everything.

DSSKing68
10-30-2013, 06:23 AM
We give out full size bars....it seems to keep the little neighborhood bastards from vandalizing and looting. LOL, but it is expensive. At Sam's Club it works out to about
.48 cents per bar.

You would not believe the Ghetto parents that actually ask for candy when they find out we are giving out full size bars. Low rents.

And WTF is up with the trailer trash pushing a 18 month old kid around in a stroller?? Like they are gonna eat all of the f*cking candy? Go get a job and buy your own. Or....see above post and try out the "candy man!"

redfirepearlgt
10-30-2013, 09:47 AM
We give out full size bars....it seems to keep the little neighborhood bastards from vandalizing and looting. LOL, but it is expensive. At Sam's Club it works out to about
.48 cents per bar.

You would not believe the Ghetto parents that actually ask for candy when they find out we are giving out full size bars. Low rents.

And WTF is up with the trailer trash pushing a 18 month old kid around in a stroller?? Like they are gonna eat all of the f*cking candy? Go get a job and buy your own. Or....see above post and try out the "candy man!"

I know where I'm going for trick or treat!!! LOL! U DUH MAN!!! Just don't notice the plastic doll in the stroller when I come knocking! LOL!!!

DSSKing68
10-31-2013, 12:02 PM
LOL...Adults or older teens have to sing or dance or something for their candy! I am looking out for ya!

redfirepearlgt
10-31-2013, 12:14 PM
LOL...Adults or older teens have to sing or dance or something for their candy! I am looking out for ya!

Would a socialized healthcare minstrel be in order? LOL!

1987LXVert
11-03-2013, 10:39 PM
http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/46000/46080_free_candy_van.jpg

Hahaha lmao :lol::bigthumb

rtvickers
11-03-2013, 10:45 PM
And don't get me started with the Charlie Brown crap. I'm surprised we don't own it yet, thanks to Tommy, lol.

You didn't get it? Damn it. I tried to send it to you from my phone. Damn dumb phone.

rtvickers
11-03-2013, 10:54 PM
.48 cents per bar.

Where were you giving out candy? I seen a few Mustangs in the neighborhood I was in. We go to her Gma's house every year for Halloween. She lives in the neighborhood off of Mt Carmel Tobasco Rd and Glenrose Ln. We don't have any kids but sometimes we go with her cousin and her kids. Just curious if any on here lives over there.

DSSKing68
11-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Naaaa...I live in Willowhood off of Tealtown