Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Winter depression? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Winter depression?

4n_eatr
10-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Ok so I know I can't be the only one here that it happens to... The weather starts getting colder, it starts getting closer and closer to putting the car up for the winter. Especially with mine because my transmission is starting to make more and more noise so i'm not driving as much. I guess you could say i'm weening myself. Maybe some people don't have an issue with not driving their cars, but I LOVE driving mine. Even though I have another Mustang to drive this winter it still isn't MY car. I've been kinda steering clear of car websites because I don't want to be reminded of what i cant drive. I will say it's better than 2011 when I got ran off the road in my 89 and totaled it, though. At least I can still look at my car. Is there anyone else that goes through this or am I the weird one in the corner everyone talks about?

mustang_gt88
10-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Nope I feel the same way. I have had my car out 3 times this week and plan on driving it tomorrow. Just cant get enough lol. The plus side of winter is I can put the new tranny in and the new fuel system. Just not enough time here in ohio.

rtvickers
10-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Don't give up on us Charlie Brown. I went through it during the warm months a few years ago when I blew my head gaskets. It took me 5 months to do it by myself. I gave up on it a few times. But would remember what it was like driving it and would get back at it. I seriously debated selling it as it sat in pieces in the garage. But I got my shit together and got it finished. The payoff was worth it. On nice days in the winter Ill clean mine off and take it for a spin. Winter time is meant for fixing things you couldn't get to during the warm months and upgrades. Look at like this. When it gets warm again your car will be ready to go. Just keep that thought and work towards it. But don't give up on us. Were here for support.

redfirepearlgt
10-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Yeah I get depressed knowing its coming to an end. BUT SEAN IS HAPPY BECAUSE THIS MEANS McRIBS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!!!

Sucks having to store the car away. But I started working some OT to put back for a new garage next spring. So if we survive the winter there will be a slightly larger garage in the spring time...I HOPE!

redfirepearlgt
10-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Don't give up on us Charlie Brown. I went through it during the warm months a few years ago when I blew my head gaskets. It took me 5 months to do it by myself. I gave up on it a few times. But would remember what it was like driving it and would get back at it. I seriously debated selling it as it sat in pieces in the garage. But I got my shit together and got it finished. The payoff was worth it. On nice days in the winter Ill clean mine off and take it for a spin. Winter time is meant for fixing things you couldn't get to during the warm months and upgrades. Look at like this. When it gets warm again your car will be ready to go. Just keep that thought and work towards it. But don't give up on us. Were here for support.

Man I remember that one. You were ready to kick that car to the curb. LOL! Look at you two now. Just as cozy as an old couple swinging on the front porch on a cool fall eve.

rtvickers
10-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Man I remember that one. You were ready to kick that car to the curb. LOL! Look at you two now. Just as cozy as an old couple swinging on the front porch on a cool fall eve.

Lol good one. Speaking of McRib. I had a similar sandwich from Speedway the other day. One of those toss in Micro for a minute. Its no McRib but it was bad. Especially for like $1.79. The poor mans McRib I call it the McSpeedway.

But like Chad said, the McRib thread is coming. Just don't ask for a McGangbang unless your at the McD's in Eastgate. You wont believe the look you'll get from everyone in the immediate area. It was very funny.

cstreu1026
10-10-2013, 09:23 PM
It doesn't bother me. The car is what I do when I can't ski. The shitty months are March and April when its still cold out and there's no snow.

SN95N/A
10-10-2013, 09:26 PM
It doesn't bother me my junks always broke down..

sean
10-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Lol mmmmmm mcrib. Also I just bought a new to me jacked up silverado 2500 4x4 to play with on the nasty days but I have always driven my toys year round. If its not snowing drive the car. If there's salt and everything else they put on the roads I'll go through a car wash with the under spray a few times in the winter seasons. I'll never understand why people don't drive the toys unless you don't have heat or wipers. Traction sucks but it's still fun.

dr59l
10-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Don't bother me I tore mine down last month to start upgrades so I could have it done by spring. With my work schedule being gone 6wks an only home two makes it hard keep up

2Kblacksleeper
10-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Did they fix wylers car wash yet. I tried to go through a few weeks ago a couple of times and it was closed down. This was during the day.

sean
10-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Not sure. I'll check Saturday. I don't go through that one. If I'm going to go through one I like mikes. My cars black and every time I look at it I already see a new scratch or swirl on it.

redfirepearlgt
10-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Lol good one. Speaking of McRib. I had a similar sandwich from Speedway the other day. One of those toss in Micro for a minute. Its no McRib but it was bad. Especially for like $1.79. The poor mans McRib I call it the McSpeedway.

But like Chad said, the McRib thread is coming. Just don't ask for a McGangbang unless your at the McD's in Eastgate. You wont believe the look you'll get from everyone in the immediate area. It was very funny.

BTW someone (Gordon) came by my shop at work tonight. He told me to rename Oscar GREEN MAMBA! LOL! I ABOUT WET MYSELF!!!

furiouslyfaster
10-11-2013, 03:43 PM
I get really depressed over the winter. Plus I didn't drive my car at all this summer because I have been doing my engine swap. I hope to get it done soon so I can cruise around a little before winter.

rtvickers
10-11-2013, 03:50 PM
BTW someone (Gordon) came by my shop at work tonight. He told me to rename Oscar GREEN MAMBA! LOL! I ABOUT WET MYSELF!!!

Lmao!!! I needed a laugh like that today. Does he know anything about that situation?

redfirepearlgt
10-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Lmao!!! I needed a laugh like that today. Does he know anything about that situation?

I think he does. That makes it all the more funnier.