Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
04 intake [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 04 intake

stang5slow
09-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Anyone have a stock or aftermarket intake? I broke the price that comes out an into the hose that goes into the heater core

Dirtyd0g
09-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Common thing and they are stronger after repaired, get a brass fitting and tap the intake to put it in then used jb weld on the threads and a little build up around the top. If done correctly it will outlast any stock intake.
Alan

stang5slow
09-13-2013, 12:52 AM
Lol sounds a little more than I wanna deal with, I been wanting to change the intake to an aftermarket one for a long time now, just don't have the money for one, so I may have to settle for a stocker, sad thing is I took a perfectly good stocker in on a trade a few years ago, sold it, now I need the same thing lol, I broke it when I changed the heater core an tried putting them 2 hoses back on

Dirtyd0g
09-13-2013, 09:30 AM
How is it more than you want to get into, it's quicker than changing the intake the biggest problem is finding the fitting and a tap to thread it.
Alan

Dirtyd0g
09-13-2013, 09:33 AM
I can tell you this finding stock intakes that aren't broken there is difficult. I have purchased 2 and both were broken in the same place. If you don't want to repair it better buy new and if performance is in mind don't buy the dorman.
Alan

orangeconv
09-14-2013, 01:51 PM
I have one let me check to see if the heat deal is usable.

stang5slow
09-14-2013, 05:45 PM
I can tell you this finding stock intakes that aren't broken there is difficult. I have purchased 2 and both were broken in the same place. If you don't want to repair it better buy new and if performance is in mind don't buy the dorman.
Alan

Lol not the first time I've heard don't buy the doorman, ya exactly, I don't feel like finding the pieces I need to fix it

stang5slow
09-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Alan

Lol not the first time I've heard don't buy the doorman, ya exactly, I don't feel like finding the pieces I need to fix it