PDA

View Full Version : PCV sucking oil into intake

exrider416
08-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Had my PCV sucking oil into the intake on the Fox i just picked up. Pulled PCV and no PCV screen underneath. Do they typically suck in a decent amount of oil without the screen? Also how are most of you running your PCV system on your Foxes?

Rick93coupe
08-25-2013, 12:41 AM
Most vent the valve covers and get rid of the PCV system.

redfirepearlgt
08-25-2013, 07:14 AM
You can add an oil seperator in line. Seen many that way. F/I is real bad about that. Jegs sells one cheap you can install inline OR you can spend big money and do a JLT. The other option is to put PCV breathers on and block vac return line to the intake off.

Gearhead
08-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Put the screen in there under the PCV valve, it will help quite a bit. Or just run breathers on each Valve Cover and put a rubber expansion plug in the PCV hole.

On mine, I have a breather in each valve cover and a breather where the PCV used to be. Seems to work ok.

exrider416
08-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Put the screen in there under the PCV valve, it will help quite a bit. Or just run breathers on each Valve Cover and put a rubber expansion plug in the PCV hole.

On mine, I have a breather in each valve cover and a breather where the PCV used to be. Seems to work ok.

I couldn't find the screen local anywhere in stock. I ran a husky air/oil separator inline and it got a quite a bit of oil in it on a 5 mile drive. Pulled it off the intake/vacuum source and left it open to atmosphere and no more oil in the separator, so it does not seem like crankcase pressure is forcing that much oil out. Compression test was good on all cylinders and oil pressure is good.

redfirepearlgt
08-25-2013, 06:11 PM
BTW did you check that the PCV valve isn't bad? Had that happen on a 78 Cougar I had way back in the day. 351W setup (no HP at all just a gas guzzler). Oil started collecting inside the breather where the pcv was vented back to on that year car. Replacing the PCV valve with a good one resolved the issue. If not then you are back to high vacuum pulling oil vapor back into the intake which can be rectified in several of the ways already described. You have no issues otherwise it sounds.

exrider416
08-25-2013, 06:27 PM
BTW did you check that the PCV valve isn't bad? Had that happen on a 78 Cougar I had way back in the day. 351W setup (no HP at all just a gas guzzler). Oil started collecting inside the breather where the pcv was vented back to on that year car. Replacing the PCV valve with a good one resolved the issue. If not then you are back to high vacuum pulling oil vapor back into the intake which can be rectified in several of the ways already described. You have no issues otherwise it sounds.

No everything else seems fine. Going to vent both spots with breathers and be done with it.