Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
New DD tires. Opinions? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New DD tires. Opinions?

4n_eatr
08-19-2013, 09:46 AM
I know everyone will say "google search" but I want people's s personal opinions.
I'm going to need some better tires here soon. The ones I have are fine for just putting around but 1st gear is worthless and I blow them off halfway through second. What's a good NON-DRAG RADIAL that has a decent life, but at least SOME traction. I want something that has some life to it. Looking for a 275/40R17. Thinking about the Nitto 555, but wondering what other people have had luck with. These are just for the rears.

jeep45238
08-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Shoot me a text, we can go for a ride in my car and see if you like my tires. Great wet traction, very good dry traction, pretty good steering response, and decent life as well.

Pretty sure they're Firestone Indy 500's, but I won't be able to verify that until I get off work.

maverick
08-19-2013, 10:09 AM
Can't go wrong with the Nitto 555's, I had them on the rear of my 95 GT and I loved them.

sean
08-19-2013, 10:26 AM
I had nitto 555 on my mustang and really liked them.

4n_eatr
08-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Shoot me a text, we can go for a ride in my car and see if you like my tires. Great wet traction, very good dry traction, pretty good steering response, and decent life as well.

Pretty sure they're Firestone Indy 500's, but I won't be able to verify that until I get off work.

Ill take you up in that. I'm really leaning toward the 555's though. The last set of Firestones I had was on a Camaro and they sucked but they were they Firehawk (or something). If they're quite a bit cheaper it might be a deciding factor.

sean
08-19-2013, 06:51 PM
Cheep daily drivers I go kumho or nixxen. Spelling may be wrong but you get it. The nitro 555 are great. I have some Bridgestone on my car but it's so light back there I don't get great traction.

jeep45238
08-19-2013, 07:07 PM
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Firehawk+Wide+Oval+Indy+500&partnum=445WR7FHWI5&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2003&autoModel=Mustang%20GT&autoModClar=

Doesn't leave black marks in the pavement when you mash it around a corner either. That can have some benefits :-)

cstreu1026
08-19-2013, 08:11 PM
I have these on my Mini and have been satisfied so far...evening using them all winter.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V12+evo+K110

PKFIRE
08-19-2013, 10:10 PM
I have these on my Mini and have been satisfied so far...evening using them all winter.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V12+evo+K110

This is what I have on Srt-4, great tire for the price.

4n_eatr
08-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Well hell, looks like I have some research to do. The Hankooks have a god traction rating but most of the good reviews were on FWD cars. The Nittos and Firestones have a slightly longer tread life and lower traction ratings, but seem to have better reviews on RWD cars, lol. I don't think it will make much of a difference. At least I have it narrowed down to three now. Thanks!

redfirepearlgt
08-20-2013, 08:19 AM
I've been happy with the Nitto 555 series. Winter time driving put a pair of Bridgestone Blizzaks on the back and you will think you are driving a FWD. THey are awesome. SCrew the front. I drove a whole wnter season like that 26 miles each way to work. Did great.

A lot of people like the new Michelin as well but you are going ot pay for that one. I forget their sport tire. Continental I hear has also got a good tire now. I'd check into those as well.

In the end talkto mustang jon. He's one of hte tire men around here.

rtvickers
08-20-2013, 08:37 AM
I have Sumitomos I think there HTR Z II. Theyve been good to me so far.

4n_eatr
08-20-2013, 09:06 AM
I have continentals and michelins on the front and Uniroyals on the back (I bought the whole set brand new for $100). There's no way I'm driving this car in the winter. With a three inch drop it'd be a snowplow. That's why Jen bought a stock height mustang. She'll drive the impala and ill drive the 5.0 until I can find a truck. My 87 had snow tires on it and was great in the snow.

I was planning on talking to him in the next couple weeks when I'm ready to buy them. I work at Goodyear but all the Goodyears that are worth a damn are 300+ and we don't get a lot of performance cars in here to talk to about them besides a few older people in corvettes.

mustang8998
08-20-2013, 09:08 AM
http:// http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE970AS+Pole+Position

I put a set of these on our Mach1. Been very happy with them. Good wet and dry traction. Can't say on wear, as we have put many miles on them.

redfirepearlgt
08-20-2013, 09:13 AM
I have Sumitomos I think there HTR Z II. Theyve been good to me so far.

Now there is a tire if its holding up to what you are throwing at it. :bigthumb

Pitbull1052
08-20-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm running Nexxen N7000's on my car they've done alright for a less expensive tire I have 275/35/18's and my car has 4:10's as well.

rtvickers
08-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Now there is a tire if its holding up to what you are throwing at it. :bigthumb

If your doing a lot of burnouts they won't last long. I just recently went to a back up set on the rear but I had the other set for over 2yrs of daily driving. 3 or 4 donuts, some dig pulls and a lot of highway pulls. They didn't have any tread on them and the cords were showing but the still held air when I took them off. I used them in the rain too. No tread and all. Wasn't fun. Definitely tested my driving skills. The fronts still looked new after a little over 2 years. One of them wore through on the inside edge. Seems like something was off. Butt it was checked and it wasn't bad enough to worry about. Im still not sure what caused. I may have to set the caster and camber up different.

Stangman
08-20-2013, 12:24 PM
I had fuzion hri's on my junk. Since it doesn't see 100+ on a daily basis they're fine for me.