Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Just Got Back From Woodward [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Back From Woodward

devous1
08-17-2013, 10:15 PM
This was my first time, even though I worked in Detroit for about 4 yrs straight I had never been to the cruise. Things have been pretty busy so I was a little apprehensive about going and alittle unprepared. My only two worries were getting in and out of hotel lots with m 48' trailer and if I would have issues with my TR Mach.

The trip up was fine and the hotel we stayed at accommodated the trailer just fine. In the morning we were supposed to hookup with some other Mach1 and Bullit guys and move to Mustang Alley as a group. These guys were meeting at 6 which meant getting up at 5 and when 5am rolled around I couldn't do it. The hotel was noisy and I didn't get any sleep.

I did decide to leave my TR in the trailer because we feared some crazy traffic that I know it wouldn't like so we rolled in with my daughters DSG Mach and had no issues getting into Mustang alley even around 8:30.

Mustang Alley turned out to be a great place to park, plenty of close by places to eat and drink. We ended up sitting in the median on Woodward at 9mile under an nice PinOak and watched the flow.

Wow, that is all I can say. Mustang Alley was fine but the show is on Woodward. It was just amazing the amount of cars even at nine in the morning. The variety also, there was anything you could imagine from rat rods with a huge fucking Cat diesel to moped wheelie groups.

We weren't actually able to get to the northern part of the cruise, we tried getting north of 696 and were having to wait 3,4 or 5 light cycles to get through a short block so we turned back both times we tried. I would have like to see what is going on around Royal Oak to Pontiac but I don't want to sit in that type of traffic.

This is definitely something evey car, truck, bike guy should put on their bucket list. I plan on going back next year, leaving the wife home of course.