Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
smaller fuel tank? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : smaller fuel tank?

1_slo_92
07-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Ok its not a mustang but I'm working on a 91 Chevy c2500. It was my dads truck and he loved it but like anyone on a fixed income it never got the attention it needed. So I'm knee deep in a restomod situation.

Anyways the fuel tank is leaking so I pulled the tank. Had a 34 gallon and I thought it was the 25. Now the tanks side by side have the grooves for the straps in the same locations in comparison to the fuel pump. The inlet is in the same position and the only noticeable difference is the length.

Now looking at the specs the height is different but not much. It is 14.25in tall on the 34 gallon and 14.125 on the 25 gallon. Now my question is should I try running this or go back and order a 34 gallon? I'm not seeing any difference in fuel pump assemblies from auto zone or advance auto.

4n_eatr
07-25-2013, 09:51 AM
The only possible difference would be in the baffles. I had an 89 c1500 with the bigger tank and when I looked up the "camper special" to get more info on it, it just said larger fuel tank and various other little things. I doubt Chevy would spend the extra money to have a completely different pump and hangers for it just for a larger tank. This is the same company that spelled gauge as "gage" in their manuals because it save money on ink, lol. I think you'll be fine.

1_slo_92
07-25-2013, 12:09 PM
I also thought the baffles might be different so I took a look and the only baffles in this tank is a small box that sits directly where the fuel pump gets submerged. Both sides in both tanks are just empty space.