Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
97 Cobra BUILT low miles [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 97 Cobra BUILT low miles

Bayman
06-18-2013, 08:29 PM
1997 Cobra

65,000 mile.
Engine has about 7500 , bought it with 6000 all fprged internals

Vortech S trim & Aftercooler
T-56 6 speed
Spec stage 3+ clutch, 8 rib pulley kit, lower blower pulley all put on at the same time of the engine swap.( about 1500 miles ago)

Pro M 80 mm mass air, IMRC deletes, custom fuel rails, Steeda high capacity aluminum radiator, MSD ignition

Full suspension- lowered, caster cambers, sub frame connectors, etc

Full exhaust- FordMotorSport shorty headers, Bassani X pipe, Dynomax turbo mufflers
Side exhaust and side skirts

Cobra R chrome wheels ( I have 5- one fpr the spare) and yes, they are the real. deal, not knock offs

Other than the side exhaust skirts, the only other body mods, are sunroof and aeroshield ( the panel between the bumper and gas tank). And side scoops

A pillar gauges for boost & fuel pressure
Rich/Lean meter and clock gauges are in the place that an ash tray normally goes

Pretty much everything on the car is upgraded, and the major stuff is all new

Has a crack in the windshield, a squeeky idler pulley
Needs tires and a tune.

Dayton Performance did the engine/clutch/ 8 rib kit almost 2 years ago.
My life got hectic, never had the tune done

Car made 497 horsepower before the swap.. Should have a little more now with the smaller blower pulley/forged internals etc.

So, yes it needs a couple minor things here and there, but you can see its 97% done.

Asking 12..but realistic to offers

Might trade for Escalade, newer Cherokee, luxury car, etc..

Having issues loading pics from phone, Rio red in color

513 571 7401
Jeff

Bayman
06-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Any offers ?

USMCPONY
06-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Hummer H3? Plus cash. I'm asking $15k.

Bayman
07-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Got pics, or a link ?

Probably not putting cash with it on my end, but i am curious

blown96cobra
07-13-2013, 03:30 PM
I was in bells shop when the motor was swapped I can vouch for the motor being built. The car has potential it just needs some love.

Bayman
07-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Thanks for that..

I know im going to kick my own ass the day i sell or trade it,
Let alone 15 years later when im "that old man" who says i had a cobra/chevelle/camaro etc that i ahould have never got rid of.

I think the trade in value of a stock 97 with 65,000 miles is like 12 ish letalone all the mods,but we all know how that goes at a lot

thecollector
08-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Text pics to 513 500 7805 thanks.

Bayman
08-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Sending pics..

Update--- car has a tick. Dont know why, how, what.. Pretty pissed due to the motpr was just swapped less than 2,000 miles ago.

Worse case scenario, it needs a 1500 shortblock, and someone who can put it in.
Think Im done with it.

Make offers!!

2Fast4You
08-10-2013, 11:08 PM
I know some people in the market for a vehicle, they may be interested in something of this nature. I will say something to them tomorrow but I want to look at it first before I call them. Let me know if tomorrow I can come look at it?

NXcoupe
08-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Sending pics..

Update--- car has a tick. Dont know why, how, what.. Pretty pissed due to the motpr was just swapped less than 2,000 miles ago.

Worse case scenario, it needs a 1500 shortblock, and someone who can put it in.
Think Im done with it.

Make offers!!

Sorry to hear this. That was a used engine you got from another member off here, but it seemed to be a solid engine when he pulled it. I know the original owner of that engine had it built at Pauls in Cincy.
I'd be happy to come down and take a listen for you, could be something very minor.

Bayman
08-23-2013, 02:27 AM
Thanks Mike. I may just have you do that..
Someone else came over and took a look. Not sure why/where but drf sounds like a knock.
Do you still have my engine you took out of the car ? If so, Id like you to bring that down.

If its upper and in the head, Im going to need it.. And even if its not, Id like to have my engine back.
Please let me know.

Thanks
Jeff

700hp04mystic
09-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Bought this car today. Not for sure what I'm gonna do yet with it. Lol