Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Steel Toe boot recommendations... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Steel Toe boot recommendations...

jktruckin06
06-10-2013, 05:36 PM
I am switching jobs in a week and they require steel toe boots that cover your ankle. I have fat wide feet and never really liked boots. I wore Sketchers gym shoe steel toes and those were ok.

What brands do you all recommend? I've heard a lot of people swear by Redwing and Justin. A lot of people just rock wally world boots too.

MWoods26
06-10-2013, 06:05 PM
I had a pair of Justin boots last 5 years back when I was in the Heavy Equipment Operators Union. For the most part I was in equipment so it's not like they had a real ruff life but I was still impressed with the quality of those boots. Also they were MADE IN AMERICA. I got on a job that lasted several months that I was constantly standing in grout and that's what did them in or I bet id still have those boots. I bought another pair to replace them than made a career change. I will probably never wear out the pair I have now that get worn a couple times a year on side jobs.

redfirepearlgt
06-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Hey John,

I have been wearing Timberland Brand for years now and like them a lot. I have tried Redwing but found no benefit in the higher cost. Wolverine is another good brand of safety shoes as well. There is a great place that my company uses down on Reading Road called Foot Works right next to Rafael's catering. They have everything under the sun there.

mustang_gt88
06-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Foot works is were I got my boot, red wings and then switched it up to pair of doc Martin's. I like the docs just as much but I have a wide foot and they only sell one width so I had to break them in.

'92Stang
06-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Just depends on what type of work you're going to be doing. I've had Red Wings that I lost in a move after owning for over 5 years, and they were great for construction trades. I now own Justins and wear them daily around the farm walking in manure daily after I get home from work. As far as comfort I prefer Justins.

jktruckin06
06-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Awesome guys, foot works is right down the road.

jktruckin06
06-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Just depends on what type of work you're going to be doing. I've had Red Wings that I lost in a move after owning for over 5 years, and they were great for construction trades. I now own Justins and wear them daily around the farm walking in manure daily after I get home from work. As far as comfort I prefer Justins.

It'll just be driving truck. So comfort is what I am really in search of.

SN95N/A
06-10-2013, 07:01 PM
I drive a truck and for an all around boot prefer wolverines,Not badly priced and they hold up to the petroleum that I haul.

rtvickers
06-10-2013, 07:06 PM
I've been wearing Dr Martens for about 7 years now. I am a fatboy and I've never had a complaint. They feel like gym shoes to me. I get them from Boot Country.

4n_eatr
06-10-2013, 07:33 PM
When I was deployed I bought a set of Converse combat boots with a composite toe. They're now made by Reebok and I used to go running in them because they were so comfortable.

cstreu1026
06-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Foot works is awesome. Which reminds me I need to get a new pair. Their Footrest series are hands down the most cushy boots I've had. The Red Winga I bought last time blow. They are the most uncomfortable boots I've ever worn.

rmracing
06-10-2013, 09:23 PM
My favorite so far are my red back boots. They have some boots that slip on with no strings that are comfortable for steel toe work boots .

chrisb1961
06-10-2013, 09:45 PM
The timberland anti fatigue are nice. i currently have a pair of hytest that are pretty nice

KB1
06-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Wolverine Durashocks, I get 3 years on average out of them, my son wears Justins & swears by them.

dr59l
06-11-2013, 03:39 AM
I have doc martins last year very light an comfy. I'm always in oil water an diesel being an engineer on towboats. I like them pretty well

mustang8998
06-11-2013, 04:52 AM
Another vote, for the Timberland Pros.

jktruckin06
06-11-2013, 06:45 AM
Damn, so now I have a couple more brands to try. I was hoping for some unanimous action

devous1
06-11-2013, 07:05 AM
I also used to be a diehard Redwing fan. They used to be made in the US and were second to none. Now I'm not so sure. Our Redwing dealer does have a machine you put your foot in and it measures the length and width. I'd been wearing too small of a shoe for ever till I did that. They also now have wide toe boots.

The first pair of Redwings I bought which was about 15 yrs ago literally felt like a pair of Nikes I wore them all the time for about 5 yrs. Since that pair I haven't been able to find a pair that I really like.

jktruckin06
06-11-2013, 07:31 AM
Yeah I saw on their site they have four different manufacture selections from made and assembled in the usa down to completely imported.

I just hate buying shoes, last time I went I got 3 pairs of the same shoe incase I couldn't find them again.

slow86fiveoh
06-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Timberland pros here as we'll they have been by far the most comfortable work boots that I have owned

fuel10922
06-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Red Wing has a style called "King Toe" which are really comfortable. I work in a auto assembly plant and have to wear steel toes everyday, so I have tried a bunch. Rather than being brand specific.... try on a bunch and see what feels the best on your foot.

ibstrokin
06-11-2013, 11:50 PM
The last 3 pairs of boots that I bought have been Georgia Boots, they are very comfortable and last about 3 years. I climb telephone poles, so I need steel shank, not steel toe. I buy the 400 gram Thinsulate, Goretex, and Vibram soles, and I where them nearly every day, and treat them rough. They aren't made in the U.S.A., which sucks, but they see still a great boot, and worth the money @ $200 a pr.

Goldenpony
06-12-2013, 05:24 AM
I had a couple of different safety shoes that were killing my feet. I now wear Redwing "King Toe" boots and I am finally comfortable. Love 'em. :)

pegasus
06-12-2013, 02:15 PM
rockys however I go to the outlet store and buy 2 get one free they don't last a long time but my feet sweet really bad and it helps to have fresh boots

jktruckin06
06-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Foot Works came through on a pair of black Wolverine Peak AG steel toes. I tried the Converse and they were a close second. CAT, HyTech and Timberland didn't really fit right.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

devous1
06-15-2013, 08:28 AM
rockys however I go to the outlet store and buy 2 get one free they don't last a long time but my feet sweet really bad and it helps to have fresh boots

I haven't bought a pair of Rockies since they started producing them overseas. Plus I bought a pair years ago and one sqeeked and drove me nuts.