PDA

View Full Version : 2006 GT Throttlebody trouble!!!

80 hate
05-23-2013, 08:24 AM
Im having a hell of a time installing a BBK throttlebody on a 06 GT. The idle is very high and it runs like shit. Any thoughts?????

redfirepearlgt
05-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Im having a hell of a time installing a BBK throttlebody on a 06 GT. The idle is very high and it runs like shit. Any thoughts?????

Yes Rusty. Assuming that you have verified that the motor was installed correctly and is not binding and the butterfly IS FULLY CLOSED AT IDLE, AND you have verified the TPS voltage, HAVE you pulled the battery + cable and allowed the car to set long enough to reset the tables so that it can then adjust to the new TB? It may also require driving it a bit 20-50 miles for the ECM to learn everything again. HOWEVER the BBK TB for 05-09 was not best one available out there and others have had similar issues. I would have advised not getting it OR at least getting a brand that comes as a complete unit even though it would cost you more.

I had one purchased for my 05 used on ebay and it had not shipped yet. I just happened to go on line and google BBK throttle body issues and found out that a thread by the very guy I was buying it from and that he was unable to get it to idle correctly and get it to quit sticking on his car. So he stated on there that he was selling it. Fortunately for me he had it listed as NIB. I was able to contact him and advise him to agreeto reposting it as used because he misrepresented it, but not until after I emailed him his own thread.