Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Speed Density know how? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speed Density know how?

RIXXX93GT
04-24-2013, 07:20 AM
A guy I work with has himself an 87GT 5speed and the motor is all stock. He would like to add some pep and I thought you fellas would be willing to share some advice as my only SD cars all were treated to a healthy dose of nitrous. What are the logical steps to take in what order to put some giddy up in his stang? He says he is not interested in converting to mass air. I know this limits some things but he doesnt want anything radical anyway.
Rockers?
Headers? Car already has h-pipe and flow master exhaust
Intake?
Timing?
Cam?
Pulleys?

mustangjon
04-24-2013, 08:03 AM
He can do anything but change the cam. The lsa and overlap is key to speed density lopey cams have vacuum changes that mess with SD. My lincoln had underdrives, gt40 irons ported, full exhaust, timing was at about 18 base, and I did change the cam timing also with an adjustable set, forgot if I had advanced or retarded it at this point. I had deleted smog pump ran ect, bumped to 24lb injectors, had 1.7 roller rockers to increase cam since I was stuck using stock. I then put the vortech v2 in it and went up to 30lb injectors and still ran fine. Just had a flat spot due to using a FMU to add fuel during boost. I tried 42lb injectors even but it was too much computer couldnt pull enough fuel out. I would highly recommend him to get a adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and get a wide band and guage where he can toy with the fuel pressure to help the computer compensate. Oh and he will have everyone in world tell him to just convert that you cant change anything on SD but its just a myth for most part

facemelter71
04-24-2013, 09:05 AM
Mass air swap. Done.