Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Deeper into the 12's [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Deeper into the 12's

Qtr milerocket
04-23-2013, 09:56 AM
I had meant to post up this video 3 years ago but I wanted to add more footage, it's nothing earth shaking but it was fun to make as I chip off et a .1 tenth at a time. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQM24M_a3Bg

Peace :cool2:

James

SN95N/A
04-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Nice work!

Jrcmutang
04-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Great job james!! I think you will get even lower when the G force goes in!

Qtr milerocket
04-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Thanks guys!, yeah Ryan you're probably right man!

James

Jrcmutang
04-24-2013, 09:18 AM
How did those new slicks do on Sat?? make any difference??

91lxnos
04-24-2013, 10:46 AM
LMAO!!!! How the hell did Aaron fit his big, lankey, butt into that manly VW beatle!!!!!@ 3:10???? Good history James, I think the only person with more seat time then you is John Force! LOL

Jrcmutang
04-24-2013, 11:04 AM
HAHA he folded himself up!! LOL ytou would have more seat time too, if you wouldnt brake stuff hahahahha

Qtr milerocket
04-24-2013, 11:18 AM
How did those new slicks do on Sat?? make any difference??

Well I put the new slicks on for the last T&T of Edgewater last year, and they have 12 runs on them including last Saturday. But I've never been able to 60' in the 1.5xx's at Tristate, only Kilkare and Edgewater have I been able to do his.

The conditions were actually way better last Satuday than when I ran my personal best at Edgewater last year but my 60' time was .06 hundredths off at 1.63. So to answer your question yeah they work I just gotta adjust launch rpm, strut settings, and tire pressure a bit more when I'm at Tristate.

LMAO!!!! How the hell did Aaron fit his big, lankey, butt into that manly VW beatle!!!!!@ 3:10???? Good history James, I think the only person with more seat time then you is John Force! LOLAaron somehow made it, :) Thanks Doug but yeah....John Force rules man! :bigthumb

HAHA he folded himself up!! LOL ytou would have more seat time too, if you wouldnt brake stuff hahahahhaHey....that ain't even right! :lol:

James

Jrcmutang
04-24-2013, 12:11 PM
So do you find yourself having to tighten up the suspension or lossen when at Tri state?? More or less tire pressure?

Qtr milerocket
04-24-2013, 01:54 PM
So do you find yourself having to tighten up the suspension or lossen when at Tri state?? More or less tire pressure?
Well the first two passes the struts were on "2" the last two passes I put 'em on "5", I had the same tire pressure and launched off the shift light with almost identical 60' and et's within several hundredths.

I think I should've lowered the launch rpm, Tristate has pretty much been hit or miss on the track prep but each time out is different. Edgewater and Kilkare seem to be more track prep oriented but hey that's why it's T&T......it's fun to figure out stuff to a certain extent.

James

Jrcmutang
04-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Well the first two passes the struts were on "2" the last two passes I put 'em on "5", I had the same tire pressure and launched off the shift light with almost identical 60' and et's within several hundredths.

I think I should've lowered the launch rpm, Tristate has pretty much been hit or miss on the track prep but each time out is different. Edgewater and Kilkare seem to be more track prep oriented but hey that's why it's T&T......it's fun to figure out stuff to a certain extent.

James

I know but isn't it aggravating to let the car cool down, and lauch it and have to make more adjustments?? Guess thats part of the game. I am going to have to figure out what my car likes after I get all the suspension parts and see what the converter likes

kennebellcobra
04-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Cool video James! Congrats on the 12.48:bigthumb

redfirepearlgt
04-24-2013, 10:19 PM
nice runs...

Qtr milerocket
04-25-2013, 08:10 AM
I know but isn't it aggravating to let the car cool down, and lauch it and have to make more adjustments?? Guess thats part of the game. I am going to have to figure out what my car likes after I get all the suspension parts and see what the converter likes
Yeah you got it man but here soon as you said you'll be doing the same thing, especially when you start using the trans brake!

Cool video James! Congrats on the 12.48:bigthumb
Thanks Shannon I appreciate it man !

nice runs...
Thanks man!

James

Jrcmutang
04-25-2013, 08:16 AM
LOL I have to find a tran brake first lol

maverick
04-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Looks good!

Qtr milerocket
04-25-2013, 08:59 AM
LOL I have to find a tran brake first lol
You'll do alright, at least I know you'll attempt to use it!

Looks good!
Thanks I appreciate it!

James