Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Thinking about trading for this [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about trading for this

redfirepearlgt
04-15-2013, 11:49 AM
http://www.toybarncars.com/inventory-details/title/dublin-used-2009-ford-mustang/vehicleid/518040776-7826

Yes there is a small crease on the passenger side quarter. No the color is not my favorite but could live with it, but everything else on it is right up my alley. It only has 11K on it, and a 5 speed TREMEC!!! YAY!

The Pypes cheap exhaust would come off and magnaflow would take its place.

My black SHelby Razor 18's would replace the 18" chrome bullets.

There is no programmer with it likely because it was a repo.

Yes Adam it would come to you to be verifed and/or retuned as needed.

The color is the darker of the silvers. SJSLots car is the same color and looks very nice.

Is there anyone in Columbus I could take it to that would be able to run a A/F and dyno pull on it that is reputable?

All hinges on hammering out a deal...

Walter
04-15-2013, 11:53 AM
I like your car 10x better than that 09, even with those mods.

cstreu1026
04-15-2013, 12:08 PM
I'm with Walter. I wouldn't touch that car.

WCKDGT
04-15-2013, 03:51 PM
I agree, there's now way I would trade a new 5.0 for a 3v. I love mine but your body style looks way better and obviously the 5.0!

96GTAnthony
04-15-2013, 04:22 PM
I agree your car over the 09

chris91
04-15-2013, 04:40 PM
There is no way Id give that for that car. Keep Wasabi man!!!

sean
04-15-2013, 06:52 PM
This isnt the car chad. I think you know that. We talked and I told you what I think but I would go back to the 03 04 cobra before I did this.

2Kblacksleeper
04-16-2013, 03:13 AM
Are you talking about the 09 gt or the gt500 kr?

If it is the regular gt then that would be a hell no. Sorry Chad. Now the kr would be a hell yes.

Have you had any issues with your trans or just worried about it?

John

redfirepearlgt
04-16-2013, 09:01 AM
No I was considering the GT.

Thanks. It was the mods I was turned on by. So I will pull back and regroup. THanks for the reality check.

mad max
04-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Another vote for wasabi .

chris91
04-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Wise decision! I think Wasabi needs a blower. ;)

redfirepearlgt
04-16-2013, 09:47 AM
Wise decision! I think Wasabi needs a blower. ;)

Would love to but want to put quite a few more thousand on the car before I void the warranty. Ford still working on some bugs they have found in the manual drive car. One of which is a check engine light that is occurring on cars at random mileage points in ownership. Fixes have ranged from a ecm flash update to having to pull the tranny and replace the crank sensor wheel which is located on the back side of the engine on the 5.0. So until I have a lot more miles on it to prove it out, or they come out with a recall on that issue I will go no further than a possible tune and CAI.

It's just not as much fun driving a car that everyone knows makes 420 FWHP and still makes 420FWHP. 3/4 of the fun of redfirepearl was her deceptive stance and stock appearance. And there is no reason at all to pop the hood at a cruise in when one 5.0 looks like all stock 5.0's.

Meanwhile have found an 04 Cobra mystichrome though now with 11K on the clock and documented never modified. That's a car I can play with and not have to be too concerned about. After all I have Adam near by to make it fast!!!! And he loves terminators!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2004&zip=45236&keywordPhrases=cobra&sellerType=d&sellerTypes=d&showcaseListingId=341460990&mmt=%5BFORD%5BMUST%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&modelCode1=MUST&makeCode1=FORD&startYear=2003&showcaseOwnerId=1060076&maxMileage=45000&searchRadius=300&listingId=337794420&Log=0

Thanks RTVickers for nudging me to pursue this car.

Walter
04-16-2013, 10:20 AM
No I was considering the GT.

Thanks. It was the mods I was turned on by. So I will pull back and regroup. THanks for the reality check.

Built trans for your current car? Is that available? Isnt the trans why your are constantly wanting out of it? C6 spd vette!

beefcake
04-16-2013, 10:22 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

What walter said, throw a t56 magnum in it and call it a day.

The heavens will then be smiling upon you again! :)

I just did a package for a guy in Alabama.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
04-16-2013, 11:18 AM
I can tell you being from Cbus that avoid or surgically look over any car from the Toy Barn

WCKDGT
04-16-2013, 11:35 AM
Plus the GHIG is a one year color

redfirepearlgt
04-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Looked into the T56 upgrade. Even looked into the TR6060 upgrade. dag!! 6K was the estimate I got to have the complete kit shipped for a T56 swap. That's a lot of cabbage. Then comes the issue of having the ecm reflashed for the different ratios. Then comes having to upgrade the R/P to a 3.73 just to get the gearing back to what it was with the Gitrag mated to a 3.31.

So yes while I still struggle with the knowledge of the Gitrag being asembled in a third world asian country known only for cloning and pirating others products (oh yeah they invented spaghetti didn't they?), my research has concluded there are some benefits of the Gitrag which include better gearing and a 23 spline input shaft. Further issues appear moreso to be with clutch and no so much with the tranny unless one is building a monster 1000HP car on the Gitrag and launching at 7K on slicks and a watts linkage setup.

In theend I am wanting something to tinker with. THe 2013 manual shift is a great car IMO to drive around, make some cosmetic changes to and be satisfied with the performance frmo a stock standpoint. If one desires modifying a 11+ mustang they should only look into the auto setup. That's my opinion, that's my final conclusion.

Thanks to the friends and the influence of this website I have taken to enjoying a modified car. I don't wish to take Wasabi past the CAI/tune level at this point should I end up keeping it. And I can'tjustify pulling a functional tranny out of the car at the cost of 6K. If that should happen it will be due to the fact that the Gitrag fell apart, or I came into a large sum of money which I would share with my mustang pals as well. LOL!

redfirepearlgt
04-16-2013, 11:41 AM
Plus the GHIG is a one year color

It's available for 2014 according to Ford's wbuild website when I checked on that.

beefcake
04-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Looked into the T56 upgrade. Even looked into the TR6060 upgrade. dag!! 6K was the estimate I got to have the complete kit shipped for a T56 swap. That's a lot of cabbage. Then comes the issue of having the ecm reflashed for the different ratios. Then comes having to upgrade the R/P to a 3.73 just to get the gearing back to what it was with the Gitrag mated to a 3.31.

So yes while I still struggle with the knowledge of the Gitrag being asembled in a third world asian country known only for cloning and pirating others products (oh yeah they invented spaghetti didn't they?), my research has concluded there are some benefits of the Gitrag which include better gearing and a 23 spline input shaft. Further issues appear moreso to be with clutch and no so much with the tranny unless one is building a monster 1000HP car on the Gitrag and launching at 7K on slicks and a watts linkage setup.

In theend I am wanting something to tinker with. THe 2013 manual shift is a great car IMO to drive around, make some cosmetic changes to and be satisfied with the performance frmo a stock standpoint. If one desires modifying a 11+ mustang they should only look into the auto setup. That's my opinion, that's my final conclusion.

Thanks to the friends and the influence of this website I have taken to enjoying a modified car. I don't wish to take Wasabi past the CAI/tune level at this point should I end up keeping it. And I can'tjustify pulling a functional tranny out of the car at the cost of 6K. If that should happen it will be due to the fact that the Gitrag fell apart, or I came into a large sum of money which I would share with my mustang pals as well. LOL!

a nice clutch will do wonders for the track, plus the other simple things, clutch line, shifter and mount

one of the issues with the "getting into gear" at high rpm, is because the trans is flexing. Take that out of the equation, with a few upgrades, and that helps alot

if your hard core for the drag racing, the auto is hands down , an incredible piece,

redfirepearlgt
04-16-2013, 11:46 AM
I can tell you being from Cbus that avoid or surgically look over any car from the Toy Barn

Thanks for the heads up. Kinda been gathering that from talking to them. Smooth talkers they are. They slipped up a few times in our phone conversations. May have been honest mistakes, but makes one raise an eyebrow when you are looking at the carfax and ask them about it being repossessed and they say it hasn't. Followup conversations regarding that subject they finally acknowledged. Which is why any car I bought from them or anyone of any distance would go to a speed shop for A/F and a pull (if modified) and finally to a Ford dealer for a full on inspection.

redfirepearlgt
04-16-2013, 12:18 PM
a nice clutch will do wonders for the track, plus the other simple things, clutch line, shifter and mount

one of the issues with the "getting into gear" at high rpm, is because the trans is flexing. Take that out of the equation, with a few upgrades, and that helps alot

if your hard core for the drag racing, the auto is hands down , an incredible piece,

The MGW really improved the 1-2 shift on the car at Tristate. If I keep it I will consider an Exedy setup next year along with the FRPP solid steel feed line. I don't care for braided lines being they can still flex. As for clutches I would consider an exedy setup.

beefcake
04-16-2013, 03:51 PM
The MGW really improved the 1-2 shift on the car at Tristate. If I keep it I will consider an Exedy setup next year along with the FRPP solid steel feed line. I don't care for braided lines being they can still flex. As for clutches I would consider an exedy setup.

The stage 2's are nice, and will hold any future power adder as well

I have a button style and a cushion style, one is more street friendly, the other is more track friendly. Meaning it bites harder catches quicker.

Real nice stuff though

SCHMUCKINGHAM
04-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Kinda been gathering that from talking to them. Smooth talkers they are. They slipped up a few times in our phone conversations. May have been honest mistakes, but makes one raise an eyebrow when you are looking at the carfax and ask them about it being repossessed and they say it hasn't. Followup conversations regarding that subject they finally acknowledged. Which is why any car I bought from them or anyone of any distance would go to a speed shop for A/F and a pull (if modified) and finally to a Ford dealer for a full on inspection.

They brought a M3 to the dealer a friend works at to be "looked over". Came in with drag radials on the rear but otherwise stock..... found the entire rear subframe bent and Toy Barn said its fine dont fix it....

redfirepearlgt
04-16-2013, 05:22 PM
The stage 2's are nice, and will hold any future power adder as well

I have a button style and a cushion style, one is more street friendly, the other is more track friendly. Meaning it bites harder catches quicker.

Real nice stuff though

Will take a look see. Thanks.

redfirepearlgt
04-16-2013, 05:29 PM
They brought a M3 to the dealer a friend works at to be "looked over". Came in with drag radials on the rear but otherwise stock..... found the entire rear subframe bent and Toy Barn said its fine dont fix it....

Funny...Here's the line I was fed or the jist of it anyway. "You have even less to worry about on a car that has been raced because they go through tech each and every time they are ran. If there is a leak they have to fix it. The tracks don't want junk on them so you can be assured any car having been raced that is put back to stock will be as good if not better than a car that was never reaced."

I kid you not. That was the line. Reminds me of the Terminator ad I saw recently on autotrader. "All original except for a solid rear axle was installed."